Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:30 pm
I thought it would be nice to have a thead in which we list all the promo smurfs we are aware off, and also a little bit of their background if we know about it. It would also be great (but not necessary) if you also post pictures of the smurfs and of the item they are promoting :D

I start with somthing simply...the Hardees Smurfs.

Hardees is an American Fast food chain that offeres Kid's Meals with Toys. In the 80s (I think it was in the 80s) they released a set of six smurfs on skateboards.

Here is a picture of the Hardees sign

and the Hardees smurfs with some Hardees food :)

From what I know and have observed there are less and less Hardees in the US now. I know that quite a few were closed in Chattanooga a few years ago. We still have one in Dunlap, which survives only because all the men love to go there in the morning and have breakfast. If you want to go there on a Saturday morning you have to literally wait for 30 minutes (in the drive-thru) to get your food. It is a turn off for me, but the usually impatient Dunlap men are very patient where Hardees is concerned. During the day, our Hardees is usually very empty.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:49 pm
I used to live in Hardies back yard or they did mine I never saw the skate board smurfs but I did manage to collect 72 of the glasses of which I still have 28 2 sets of each year. I would have gotten the skateboards had I saw them. Bill

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:51 am
I've always been turned off of these due to the big, clumsy-looking skateboards... also for some reason they seem to be swimming etc on the skateboards.

I wonder why they decided these particular smurfs would look good on bright neon boards when they seem to not only have nothing to do with skateboarding but also have no connection AT ALL to fast food.

Very, very bizarre.

So like, are they actually smurf smurfs, if that makes sense? I know obviously they are licensed, but do they feel like regulars or are they hollow or something?

(Sorry if this is odd, but it's Monday morning!)

Al
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby steveparkes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:55 am
Hi Al, as far as I can remember they aren't made of PVC they are a sort of plastic (I'm doing this from memory as mine are in notts - so forgive me) :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:33 am
They are made of really hard plastic (harder than the McDonald ones) :D

I know we all have a ton of other promo smurfs. Let's put them on here and if you have some back ground information that would be really great :-D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 am
Hi I guess I gave you the impression. That I have never seen them I have the papa and the smurf with the innertube. I just never saw them at hardies. It maybe that they came out during the time that thay tore the old Hardies down and built a new one when they came out. Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:08 am
The promo I really want is the Schimmel piano player :-D I didn't even know it was out there, until I saw it at least year's Passion.
I always drove a bus to school back in Germany and one of the bus stops was right next to a Schimmel Piano store..It has been my secret (nor not so secret) dream to learn to play the piano and to own one of those pianos so you can imagine that I fell in love with that Promo Smurf. Since I don't have it yet, I don't have a picture of it though.

Another Promo, I always wanted was the Familie & CO Newspaper boy, which I was able to buy this year (thanks Ralph :hug:)

Here is a picture.

From what I was told, they were released with the purchase of the magazine and it is shocking to know for how much they are going now :shock: :) :)

Another Promo Smurf I am very proud of is the Fix & Foxi one, which is one that I would have never owned had I not won it in one of our forum competitions.
As a child I loved to read Fix & Foxi comics (a Swedish Comic), so you can imagine how stoked I was when I won it (that it's a rare smurf made the win even sweeter :-D )

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:03 pm
Wow! What a great way to get a Fixi and Foxi smurf! I'm so jealous! :-D I love that promo but there's no way I can afford it. :( I'm going to see what promos I've got that I actually know the history of!

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:56 pm
This is the National Garage promo smurf:

In the 1970s and '80s National Garages sold smurfs in the forecourt shops. Every mother in the UK was forced to fill up at these garages so their children could get their smurf fix! :-D :-D

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 am
Every mother in the UK was forced to fill up at these garages so their children could get their smurf fix! :-D :-D
Mine didn't :( :( My parents wanted drinking glasses or some rubbish from one of the other petrol garages :banghead:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:28 am
Oh Tojo! That's the saddest thing I ever heard! :( :( I hope she's seen the error of her ways now!

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:41 am
Nope, she thinks I'm a looney :shock:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 am
That's what my parents think about me but at least they're happy to join in! :) :)
Postby Lia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:20 am
For Maureen

ImageImage

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:17 am
Thank you Lia :hug:

He was one I wanted to get this year...but I think I will get him next year :winks:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:27 am
Very nice indeed :D

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:46 am
I'd like him too! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:01 pm
Here is one that I know nothing about and would like to learn more.

I got it pretty cheaply at Passion and I knew about it before, but have no idea what it promotes :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Pitufo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:31 pm
BASF!!!!!!!

JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:42 pm
Your raw BASF is simply wonderful :smitten:

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 3

Login