Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:11 pm
Hi everyone. I have a delima maybe you can help. I bought a diffrent size plastic case today it cost the same as the smaller one that will hold 6 supers. I think my lunar playset will fit in it. One of the things I always loved about the smurfs was when I bought a super that had wheels or a propeller when I put it together it rolled straight or the propller turned freely. Any way my Lunar playset is not only still in the box but it is still in plastic. The parts are still attached to the mold frame. My Question would you open it and put it together or leave it boxed up? I know the value of anything as it was when sold is higher. I have no intention of selling anything. I just spent Two hundred dollars yesterday and today. On one hand I want to enjoy my collection and on the other I know it is worth more the way it is. Help :helpsign: Bill
Another thing that would help is how tall is the lunar rocket when assembled?

Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:19 pm
It is nearly impossible to find the Astro set that is in mint condition (attached to its mold frame and sealed in plastic), so I definitely would keep it like it is right now. In it's current condition you have something ultra rare in your collection...if you take it out, you have something very rare :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:26 pm
Thanks Maureen; I know it is worth a lot more in that state. But does anyone know how much more? When I bought it I didn't know it was still in the plastic bag and all. I still paid a bundle for it. Maybe the seller stated that it was still in plastic. I don't remember. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:54 pm
I definitely agree with Maureen. It's hard to know the value though as the market is supply and demand but the longer time goes on, the demand for an Astro playset still intact would be higher than say the demand for one that is assembled imho. You can always buy a second one that is already assembled to display :smile:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:04 pm
Yes Staci; I thought about that too. It won"t take me too long to save up the money to buy another one. I have to stay away from ebay for a month or two. That is hard for me to do though I like window shopping and usually when I see something I want I buy it. I bought a Smurf book awhile back called (unathorized guide to Smurfs around the world) I didn't have anything on the first five and a half pages. I have the ceramic bank. then three or four more pages I don't have anything. And I want it all. Bill

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:47 am
Cor, what a purchased!!! :clap: There's no doubt what I would do in your position (and, might I add - I wish I were in your position lol) I would keep the Lunar Playset unassembled and boxed. And, eventually buy another one for display purposes. :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:16 am
Stacie took the words right out of my mouth! :-D

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:49 pm
I have the same set mate,

I kept mine boxed and in plastic and hope that soon I can find a cheaper open set on ebay and display that.

I think for rarity's sake its better to keep in the box... I had the same dilemma with the conveyer belt and asked peeps on the forum and about 90 messages came back with 'NOOOOO- don't open it!"

And a bit thanks go to everyone that did!!! xx
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Thanks for all your input. Thats what I am going to do. I also have several other playset that have never been opened. I also have several that I did open and the box got thrown away I picked up four of them this week that I have but I don't have the box. The ones in the auction do. :woohoo: I also bought ten supers that I also have but no boxes on most. Proibly still don't have all the boxes but I'll get them one day. Bill

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:28 am
I would love to see a pic of all these new smurfy additions, Bill! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:28 am
Difficult, personally I assembled mine as I have no intention of selling any of my smurfs and they give me more joy out of the box. Agree this took value off, but as I said I spent the money, I figured I might as well enjoy it ...

so I guess I'm saying whichever will give you more happiness :D

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:34 pm
I was looking forward to recieving my second lunar playset today. I will put it together and display it. It is missing the clear plastic piece the goes on the door window. I want to know if it will fit in my plastic cases. If not I will get another large basketball one. I can get that case for $22 Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:38 pm
Hi all; Whoo hoo I said in my last post that the mail man had come and gone. He came back around 3:30 this afternoon and brought the box. Here are the pic's. Again the parts were all attached to the mold frame I put it together anyway. I paid $100 for the windmill and all four playsets. Not too bad for one haul. The lunar playset is missing the plastic to the door but everything else was there. I now have to get a basketball case to display it in. Now I get to put everything else together. Oh the windmill is missing the windows but pictured on top of the box is one I bought around 30 years ago that a child broke off two of the vanes so there's my windows. Bill

Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:19 pm
Nice haul Bill. :-D

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 pm
Thanks Hilary; I don't think I will put the windmill together I just tranfered the windows from the old one to the new one. Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:49 pm
Very nice Bill :D

I do love the Astro set & it's one that I'd like to have someday.

What a shame that Schleich doesn't do any play sets anymore :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:01 pm
Hi Tojo; Yes I love the lunar playset and it was in really great shape except for the window for the door. Anyone know for sure where the round thing with all the holes goes I put it in the top of the rocket. It fit nicely there and I didn't see anywhere else that made sense. Bill
P.S. Included in the second pic is a Smurfette with shopping cart also included in this auction.
Page 1 of 1

Login