Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:03 pm
I would like to know if someone here has info about sharpeners with smurfs on them...they have markings "Dupuis, Peyo, WGermany, Schleich"...But realy don´t know how many were made, which years, in which countries they were sold etc etc...I have seen sharpeners with cnts, with smurfs from 2003-2007, with hard material fakes, with supersmurfs etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, and I am sure most of them are fakes...For that reason I would like to get info about the original sharpener with IMPS licensed
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:48 pm
Joaquin,
that's a good question.

The Schleich Catalog ifrom 1993 pictures the CB Radio and Cowboy smurf both on the log sharpeners. The number underneath them is 54511. It looks like the whole range has one Schleich number and I have no idea how many of the others are actually genuine. I have a few of them and after looking into the catalog believe them to be licensed by Schleich.

I haven't really seen any other smurfs on another kind of sharpener but I don't think they are licensed by IMPS if they have fakes or CNTs on them, simply because those smurfs weren't licensed by IMPS or Schleich.

I also don't think that the log sharpeners with more recent smurfs are licensed by Schleich, but that's just a hunch of mine and is based solely on the observation that Schleich hasn't really released anything interesting except for new smurfs (but no super smurfs, sockels or anything like this). Well, it is also based on the fact that none of the recent catalogs I have seen shows any smurfs on sharpeners.

Not sure if this answers your question though :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby steveparkes » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:29 am
I know that there was a genuine judge smurf on a log sharpener as I remember buying one for my mum from the National Garages in the 70s.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:16 am
I have bariny the judge, vanity with mirror, chilly smurf and a few others on log sharpeners. They were VERY common where I live and lots of kids in school had them.

When I finish the loft I'll show pics! :D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:48 am
According to what I have heard from a German smurf dealer last year, it all started out in UK either in the late 1970's or in the early 1980's. There was a British company, which produced the sharpener sockels for about two or three years. This certain company started gluing smurfs on that certain sockels, since they had bought a semi-license from I.M.P.S. Sometime later, this enterprise became bankrupt, there were more than 50,000 sockels left, which were then sold to another company from Hong Kong, which would then put other smurfs on the sockels, without explicit permission from I.M.P.S.

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:00 am
Thanks for that info, Dom...I didn't know anything about the sharpeners at all so couldn't offer any insight.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:22 am
It can be true what you say, Dominique...but I think I have seen a catalogue from Schleich with sharpeners...That means that there was a "license"...Is there any way to know which were and wich weren´t really made by the enterprise who produced the sockels??????
JOAQUÍN

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:04 am
It can be true what you say, Dominique...but I think I have seen a catalogue from Schleich with sharpeners...That means that there was a "license"...Is there any way to know which were and wich weren´t really made by the enterprise who produced the sockels??????
@Joaquin: If it helps, I am going to ask that certain seller, once we are seeing each other again on November 22nd. He showed me two bunches, claiming that the first one was (semi-) official, whereas the second was not official.

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 am
Judge and vanity are def real... its those catalogue numbers next to them. I have also seen a black/angry.

I think any later than 1985 are fake- eg smurf with wings, postman etc.

hope that helps.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:24 pm
Well, the Schleich catalog I have that shows two (cowboy and cb radio) is from 1993, so there are later ones that are real, too :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:00 am
Hi guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been talking again to the German seller on Saturday and I was given the following information on the sharpeners.

Only the first twenty pvc smurfs, which additionally have to derive from the first production series manufactured by Schleich or Bully were used for the official licensed sharpeners. After the bankruptcy of the British company, other companies as well private sellers started off gluing other smurfs as well as other PVCs on the sharpeners and sell them.

Postby steveparkes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:40 am
Thanks for the info Dom..good to know
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Page 1 of 1

Login