Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 am
I've just received this cola smurf which I got for not very much money. It was either a lucky day :) or people didn't think he was genuine. :-? I've had a look on people's sites but either their photos aren't very large or there is no information on the markings. Where markings are mentioned they all say West Germany which mine isn't. Plus the vertical ridges seem narrower than the West German ones. There is one on Xavier's site which looks similar but it's hard to tell. What are your honest opinions please?

Markings are © 1979 Peyo, Schleich 1979, Made in Hong Kong.

Please PM me if you don't want to say anything publicly. :D

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:49 am
I'm sorry to say that but 100% sure that this is a fake.
Original bottle has a straw, the bottle is totally black and not transparent .
Your bottle has grates, no straw and is sligthly transparent ... and the bottle is totally different..

Sorry... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 am
I have no experience with this smurf so can't offer any opinion at all :D Cheesy that's a nice close-up photo on your website too and you can definitely see the differences.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:12 pm
Here is the original one Hilary ( very expensive!)

Lia

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:21 pm
Thanks Tine & Lia. :D It's a shame it's a fake, and I can see the differences, but I love him anyway. I shall move him to the fake section. :D I got him for £40 so not cheap for a fake :banghead: , but not the end of the world either. :-? You win some, you lose some. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:36 pm
Exactly! It`s all in the game. Sometimes you find a rare smurf for a super price

but.............I`d certainly make a complaint to the seller and tell him that he sold a fake! And that you`ll report it to Ebay!!!
Perhaps he makes a gesture?

Lia

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:03 pm
I've already contacted him Lia, so I hope so. I shall let you know. :D

Postby Michelle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:56 pm
I just read your topic, Hil.
Indeed Tine and Lia are right. Next time if you doubt about something just mail me if you want to. I'll tell you what I know/think of the smurf(s) honnost.
But Learnschool you'll have to pay!
I should say...keep him on a special place, and when you're not sure of an auction just look at him!

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 pm
Thanks Michelle! That's great advice and next time I shall do just that. :hug:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 pm
Hil,
it's a shame you had been had, as I remember how I felt when this happened to me for the first time. Since then I learned to use those smurfs on my website to warn other collectors of fakes like these and also to show what to look for.
It's still a very nice smurf to have and hopefully, you have the genuine one soon :-D

I agree with Michelle, it is always good to get a second or even third opinion :winks:

Thanks Tine and Lia for the comparision pictures. That' a huge help :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:21 am
Perhaps he makes a gesture?

Lia

I can think of a few gestures for the seller :x

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:33 am
The smurf has been returned and I'm going to get a refund. :-D The seller was taken in himself so all is forgiven there. In fact, he may join this forum so play nice folks! :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:45 am
he may join this forum so play nice folks! :-D
:haha: Play nice! :-D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 am
I think that's great news about the refund Hilary :-D

All's well that ends well.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:08 am
Thank God, that it turned out well. :D

Postby Lia » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:27 am
that`s the gesture, I was talking about!
very good Hil!

Lia

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:01 pm
That is good news, glad to hear the seller was honest about it. too bad they didn't know it either because that means they where taken at some point :banghead: These fakes have gotten out of hand
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:04 pm
I am glad it all worked out, Hil :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:05 am
Great news, Hilary!
But keep it always in mind something like this can happen again!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise
Page 1 of 2

Login