Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:29 pm
I have to admit I am very pleased with the following list as I never could stand them :-D :cheers: :-D

Thank you to Lorraine from Toys and Hobby for this information
The Smurfs being dropped at the end of 2008 are the Halloween set of Smurfs. So it is goodbye to Dracula, Ghost, Werewolf, Mummy, Grim Reaper, Frankenstein, Witch and Pumpkin Head.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm
I'm surprised they've been dropped so soon but pleased that I already have them. :-D :)

Postby bwalters » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:51 pm
So does that mean I won the contest? I was no just as close to guessing them as the rest of you. LOL Kind of hard to beleive that these are the ones. What are they 2 years old? Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:07 pm
Hi Moey; You might want to look again I think Tojo also guessed three of them. Bill

Postby bradley » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:48 am
That is a surprise. To discontinue a whole line like that. I can see why the Halloween set would be discontinued. They weren't very smurfy looking were they. And probably weren't selling as good as other current production smurfs for that reason.

Glad the anniversary set are sticking around.

Brad.

Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:02 am
That is a surprise for me too. I don't think they've ever discontinued an entire range all in one go have they?

I must admit that apart from the grim reaper, witch & dracula I didn't really like them much.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:05 am
@Tojo: According to Staci, Schleich has done the same thing with the marching band a couple of years ago.
Congrats everyone :D

The last time Schleich discontinued an entire series was in 2004 with the Marching Band. So the Halloween may be common rare in the future (let's hope so).
Btw. congratulations on winning three pvcs of the upcoming smurf set Tojo. :cheers:

Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:28 am
Thanks Dominique :cheers:

Postby cal78 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:43 pm
My honest opnion for Dropping that Line, is Money, when i pick up the Halloween Smurfs, they seem to be heavier to m then the regular smurfs, Heavier means more pvc, which means more oil to make it which cost Money.
What Do You Guys and Gals Think?

Postby FlamingO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:51 pm
Maybe with all the hundreds of fake sets around the sales of genuine ones just ain't happenin' :-?

Postby Azrael » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:51 am
Has anyone else though that, of the 50 Smurfs, we still have the complete sets of Indians, Anniversary, Classic and Movie!

That's nearly 40 Smurfs out of 50 that are grouped. Maybe they are trying to appeal to non-collectors? People will be much more inclined to collect smaller sets then have one-offs? Maybe I'm not making it clear.. :o
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:29 am
Maybe I'm not making it clear.. :o
I know what you mean, Al :D It would make sense to keep whole sets intact...that way they can sell 8 instead of just one of something if they market correctly.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby FlamingO » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 am
Good thinking Al :D So why not keep the halloween set and get rid of the stragglers? :-? :)

Postby Azrael » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:29 am
That's what I thought... I can only guess that the weight issue may be a factor... as well as them not selling well across the year... oh, and obviously the Hong Kong fakes may annoy schleich!

I'm still hoping for a playset annoucement to tie in with the movie! :-D

Postby abc » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:28 pm
Has anyone else though that, of the 50 Smurfs, we still have the complete sets of Indians, Anniversary, Classic and Movie!

That's nearly 40 Smurfs out of 50 that are grouped. Maybe they are trying to appeal to non-collectors? People will be much more inclined to collect smaller sets then have one-offs? Maybe I'm not making it clear.. :o
IIRC, one of the classic was dropped in 2008.

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:31 am
What classic one? i must have missed that!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:50 am
What classic one? i must have missed that!
@Al: He is referring to the classic series, which featured the numbers
2.0533 - 2.0541.

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:14 am
Sorry, I meant what one of the classic range was dropped? I was sure they kept them all in 2008? Brainy? Smurfette? papa? Baby?

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14 am
It was 20535 Grouchy at the end of 2007 :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:03 am
It was 20535 Grouchy at the end of 2007 :D
And he's my 2nd favourite smurf after Angry :( I suppose he didn't sell well because he was grouchy :)
Page 1 of 2

Login