Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Tojo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:57 am
My fake smurfs arrived yesterday & I am very pleasantly surprised with them. They don't stink & the painting really isn't bad at all. I was expecting really bad figures...

A few things immediately caught my eye. Firstly, Brainy's books are plain white - there's no writing or pictures on the pages. Secondly, the water pump hasn't got a basin for the water to collect in like the surprise egg figure has. The surface is flat.

Also the figure with the cushion is the Angler smurf (without a fishing rod) but he's got Lazy's cushion. The original set had 9 figures so the Chinese fakers just combined these 2 figures making a wierd combination. It would have made more sense to fake the Lazy smurf & do away with the Angler.

Anyway, here are some photos I took. If anyone has any questions about them please feel free to ask away :cheers:

Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tojo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:59 am
Here are 2 overhead views to show what I mean about Brainy & Handy...

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
The Kinder ones are really detailed, aren't they? I do like these fakes though. :-D Thanks for sharing the photos. :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:28 am
Thanks for sharing them, Tojo. :-D They look better than excepted. :D

I love Brainy, since his glasses are too big for him to carry them. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:35 am
Wow, they do look very nice and different.

thank you so very much for the pictures, Tojo..I think I will get a set as well :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:37 pm
Thanks for posting the photos. It is great to see the differences between the real and fake ones too :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:15 pm
Thanks Tojo for sharing those pictures. I may just have to pick up a set as I really do like them..

I like your statement "I am very pleasantly surprised with them. They don't stink " :) :) :laughing: It's funny to see because I can just see you sniffing them when they arrive, but I know what you mean alot of the fakes (and even some of the real ones) have a strong odor too them when they are new.
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:35 am
I just ordered a set of these as well :D I wasn't going to until I saw Tojo's pics showing how different these are from the real ones.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 pm
I hope yours turn out to be as good as mine Staci :D

It would be interesting to see which original smurfs the tags belong to but I haven't bothered yet. The last few digits where the barcode is are the serial number of the smurfs. Maybe I'll have a look next week when I've got a bit more time :D

I'll keep you posted...

Postby bradley » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:42 pm
These smurfs look great actually. So they are the same size as a normal pvc smurf? They look really well made and look official. I haven't got any of the kinders, they are nice but I don't really want them but these fake set look even better to me. I might buy a set!

Brad.

Postby Tojo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:50 pm
Yes Brad, they are the same size as the regular Schleich range. Like the surprise egg range, they have a base (which is identical for all figures). At the front the accessory is put on & at the back, the smurf. Papa doesn't quite fit though as his foot touches the flask but it doesn't really matter.

Postby bradley » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:00 pm
thanks Tojo. Good to know they are the same size. My favourite in that set looks to be Handy smurf as I've wanted a figure of him in his blue overalls as to how they draw Handy smurf these days in the comics. He'd go great with the Classics set.

Postby Tojo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 pm
It would be interesting to see which original smurfs the tags belong to but I haven't bothered yet. The last few digits where the barcode is are the serial number of the smurfs. Maybe I'll have a look next week when I've got a bit more time :D

I'll keep you posted...
I had a look at the codes & they're all just made up ones - they're just random numbers :)

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:14 am
I used a buy now on a set yesterday, you pushed me to it Tojo, ha! Email confirmation today to say they are on the way! So now to wait for them. They do look great from those photos. I'm excited.. heh

Brad.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:54 am
Looking at the HK "Kinder" smurf, I couldn't help noticing that they look more like smurfs than the real Kinder smurfs do (wider face). I wonder if the Chinese used the mold of the other smurfs they have :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:01 am
Well they have been faking smurfs for so long you would think they can make a pretty good looking smurf eventually :) practice makes perfect (that is actually scary if you think about it)
happily smurfing along

Postby agent smurf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:54 am
It's because of the egg. Excuse me I'm just posting for comparison. still waiting for my smurf to move. :-D

Postby Tojo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:56 am
You're right Gert!! If the surprise egg smurfs were full sized & had wide faces then they wouldn't fit in the eggs of course. Then they couldn't say "1 smurf in every 7 eggs" - they'd have to say "1 part of a smurf in every 7 eggs", e.g. 1 head or bottom part or torso & it would take ages to get a whole set as you might have Brainy's legs & Torso but no head & then you might have a Smurfette head which would look wierd on Brainy.... Mind you you could make up some interesting smurfs :) :) Papa's head, Smurfette's torso & Handy's bottom half for example :shock:

I think maybe I'm just going mad...... 8-) 8-) 8-)

When you say you're "still waiting for my smurf to move" do you mean one in front of you at the moment? In which case I'd hit the table - my smurfs usually move then - in fact they usually fall over :lol:

Or do you mean your 'handy' avatar over there on the left? Rachel made mine move but maybe one of the other admins knows how to do it too :-?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm
That was funny to read, Tojo :) :) Usually, Mogli makes my smurfs move very very fast :eek:

Instead of making monster smurfs...how about just making the eggs larger? :-? :mrgreen:

Gert, I wasn't sure what you meant either....I don't know how to make a mechanic move at all, much less a mechanic smurf :-? Like Tojo said, we need Rach for that, I can promise though to ask her if you remind me after the Christmas rush is all over and dealt with :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:53 pm
Thanks a lot for the comparison Tojo! They do look great, I may just grab me a set at some point in time. :cheers:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Page 1 of 3

Login