Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm
Something I'd never noticed before about 2.0180 Papa with Pizza ... is the way that the pizza is attached, as you can see below, I have one with part of the board 'missing' to allow the tray to fit around his tummy and another with a hole in it (note I don't presume it's meant to come out easily, one I had as a kid so kiddy-vandalism)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 pm
Good observation!

(kiddy-vandalism) That is so funny.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:11 pm
Hi Helen

I don't have my papa pizzas near me at the moment......I hope it wasn't because I ate them :-? ....but I was wondering if these were the HK and W Germany variations......or some other markings difference.

If so, it would be interesting to find out which markings have the plug and which ones don't.

Interesting observation though :D

Dyar

Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm
For mine, one with 'cut out' is Made in Portugal, one with a hole is W Germany.

Postby bwalters » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:37 pm
I only have one papa with pizza though I had a couple. Mine must have the post it doesn't have the cut out.
Mr Bill

Postby FlamingO » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:02 am
Hi Helen,
These are just the kind of variations I like to collect (ie. ones I can pick up quite cheap :) )

Not only does it have a variation with a peg but I notice also that one has painted eyebrows and one without :cool:

I still haven't worked out the eyebrow thing yet :hmmm: The earliest smurfs have none but soon after you get variations with and without and then later still they all get a set :-? Hadn't noticed before papa pizza was available like this too :D Now must go and check which one I already have :smile: :eyebrow:

Postby Smurf1303 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:17 am
Oh yer, I hadn't noticed the eyebrow thing.

In general I think you're right, early on few have eyesbrows, then most have eyebrows but you get (probably) paint errors where they don't have eyebrows when you'd expect them too.

Re moulds, yep I like variants like this as fairly cheap and also hard to fake.

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm
I didn't realize the eyebrows weren't paited either,
but I did wonder why they looked a little different.
I'm not a great observant, LOL.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm
Thanks for showing both variations, Helen :D

I wasn't aware of them either..I don't even think I was aware there was a Portugal Papa Pizza :-?

Here is a one of a kind Papa with Donuts...I got it in a smurf lot and didn't know about it until I unpacked the package :) :) :)

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login