Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:48 am
Hello, anybody here has all the info available about Toy Island Smurfs?

As you can see on our site we have a collection of 43 Toy Island minimate, posebable, large poseable DIE-CAST's, 2-in-1 fun playsets and Wind Ups.

I know we still miss a few, like the Musical Tree-Go-Round and a few minimates. ** see below ** :dancing:
But does anyone know a full list?

And I know that they where sold in US (IRWIN shops, as well labelled IRWIN), Belgium, Scandinavia and Australia. But which ones where exactly??

You have no clue what I'm talking about? :eek:

Than check our site or I'll give you an idea here:

ImageImage

Update after Blue paradise 8 november 2009: we found 4 Wind-Ups AND the merry-go-round!
Ron & Aly

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:22 am
I don't collect these Ron so I can't help you. Ingo has quite a few of them I think. :D

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 am
Ingo has quite a few of them I think. :D
:banghead: :banghead: where do I find Ingo?
I'm still new here :eek:

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 am
Ingo is Schildkoete. I'm sure he'll be on here soon. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:56 pm
I have a few that I have picked up here and there, but don't know much about them either. I think they were sold during the 80s or 90s by Irwin in the US when they try to bring smurfs back but for obvious reasons this wasn't very successful :-?

A list would be interesting to see though...I was suprised how many different ones are out there when I visited your site, Ron :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:45 pm
I have the daisy wheel, the saturn ride and the treehouse, I got them at Walmart back in the 90's. Spencer's Gifts carried some of the items also. I don't know if they have Spencer's Gifts Stores anymore, they sold joke gifts and t-shirts and a lot of retro items.

Postby bradley » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 pm
I have quite a few of these Toy Island smurf range. But still missing some as I don't think all of the different figures and sets were actually released here in Australia. These came out around 96/97. Maureen is right, this was supposed to be a smurfs comeback, which I don't think was very successful. A Smurfs CD was released at the same time "The Smurfs Hits". The toys were only available in Target stores here in Australia. I brought the main set of the 5 larger poseable figures. 8 of the smaller figure sets. 3 of the diecast. The Sassette wishing well playset and the Berry Lovin Baby Smurf plush. I don't really like this line of smurfs.. I don't think many collectors here do. But back when they came out I was very excited to see them. As for a complete list, I think the back of the card board packaging shows the whole range of smurfs released... I think maybe the Berry Lovin Baby back of box might show them all? I kept the packaging for all these toys but they are all boxed up and up in the loft.

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:09 am
Well,
Lets's try to list some info that I have:
The packing of the Toy Island Smurfs, have a number, but is is a number of the type of packing, and not a number related to a certain Smurf.
Production year suggest allways 1996: If they have a year marked, it is that year.

So I find the following packings:
Toy Island Minimates.
The back-side of for instance the skier as shown above before, shows 12 different items.
So I know we don't have them all, since we have "only" 6 of them.
** update november 2009: we completed this series during 2009 **
I have besides english packaging (made in china, Hong Kong adress) also one with scandinavian wrapping (danish adress).
Bradley has also some of them ( 8 ) and that seems to be the range sold in Australia.

Toy Island Large Poseables.
The back-side of for instance the Artist, shows images of (a part of) the rest of the collection, showing that there are 5 of these.
Bradley has them all (bought by him in Australia), our first 4 have english-Hong Kong wrappings, the 5th (Baby) has a Belgium wrapping, with French/Dutch and Spanish (I think) text. Sold at "christiaensen" (Belgium toy shop). IDEAL on the package.
** update november 2009: we completed this series during 2009 **

DIE CAST Smurfs.
Actually only the means of transport are DIE-CAST, the smurf itself hard PVC.
On the different packings we see 4 of them:
with boat, with plane, cowboy with horse and smurfette with roadster, and these we also see in Australia.
But we have a 5th: Handy Smurf and his DIE-CAST Fire Engine.
It has the same packing as the other 4, none of them showing the picture of this one! I didn't find a picture on any other packings.

13030 and 13040
2-IN-1 FUN PLAYSET
4 of them:
Picnic Wish - Smurfing Well = Playtime Picnic (13030 IRWIN boxing)
Dippin' Dinner - Smurf Diner = Fishin' Hole (13030 IRWIN boxing)
Daisy Wheel - SmurfPark Ride = Playground Ride (13040 IRWIN boxing)
Saturn Ride - Playland Space Ride = swingin' ship ride (13040 IRWIN boxing)

IRWIN Playset Fun 2-IN-1 Musical Tree-Go-Round
(I dont have it, seen a picture on Gerda's site Kickingtheblues, is on the different packages shown)
** update 8 november 2009: we found this one at Blue Paradise 2009 (no pic on pur site yet)**

Another series of at least 12 Smurf minimates.
Same sizing as the previous 13000 series, backside of these packages dont show the series themselves.
Our collection all english wrapping exept nr 12, rescue/climber outfit, which has again Danish packaging.

Found at Blue paradise:
There are also 4 Wind-ups!
Superman, Jokey, Papa with books and Smurfette with flower.
This is a different colored flower than the Galoob wind-ups!

Unknown numbers since we dont have them, but show on the different back-side of the packaging:
- Berry Lovin Baby-Smurf: Bradley has one, so was avalable at least in Australia.

"Preschool" series:
- Flip Phone (mushroom smurf house shaped phone)
- Smurf'n Talk: 3 different music boxes I guess:
red: Fun with music
blue: Who's Home
yellow: Sounds around the house.

I try to put up a full list as well...
Ron & Aly

### Aditional note april 29, 2009:
The same kind of wrapping you will find as well containing Smurfs from Schleich: normals, supers, or houses.
41015 for instance is the package number for Schleich Houses! (thx Maureen)
The list below will NOT list these!
### Note november 2009: addition of Wind Ups and new finds...

Postby Michelle » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:18 am
Hi Ron,

Maybe I can help you with completing your set...We have a lot of them for sell.
But for the numbers???? At this moment I don't know but I have to check it the coming days.
If you can send me a picture of the ones you have, I can see directly wich you are missing...
So you always can mail me.

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:11 am
Full list as I know it. The 13nnn is the number on the packing, -01 etc just a number I gave to order them.
(Ron&Aly) or (Bradley) means that you will find a picture on our sites since we have them. Our site: http://www.aly-ron.nl/smurfs click Toy Island, Bradley's Toy Island ones are here:http://www.bradscollection.com/otheritems-newsmurfs.htm.
Gerda, Kickingtheblues, has also a lot of them on her site.

End of the line some (remarks) or the markings if I know them.

Ron
  • 13000-01 Toy Island minimate Skier smurf (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) Made in China Toy Island
    13000-02 Toy Island minimate Smurfette with mushroom (Ron&Aly)
    13000-03 Toy Island minimate Baby with rocking chair (Ron&Aly)
    13000-04 Toy Island minimate Smurfette Toilet table (Ron&Aly) (Bradley)
    13000-05 Toy Island minimate Smurf fireman with ladder (Ron&Aly) (Bradley)
    13000-06 Toy Island minimate Smurfette with stove (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) (Scandinavian packing)
    13000-07 Toy Island minimate Drill Tool (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) Made in China Toy Island
    13000-08 Toy Island minimate Sassette surfboard (Ron&Aly)
    13000-09 Toy Island minimate Hangglider (Ron&Aly) (Bradley)
    13000-10 Toy Island minimate Videocamera (Ron&Aly) (Bradley)
    13000-11 Toy Island minimate Fisher (Ron&Aly) (Bradley)
    13000-12 Toy Island minimate Clown with Tuba (Ron&Aly)
    13010-01 Toy Island poseable Handy Smurf (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) © PEYO 1996 - IMPS (Brussels) Made In China
    13010-02 Toy Island poseable Artist Smurf (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) © PEYO 1996 - IMPS (Brussels) Made In China
    13010-03 Toy Island poseable Smurfette (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) © PEYO 1996 - IMPS (Brussels) Made In China
    13010-04 Toy Island poseable Papa Smurf (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) © PEYO 1996 - IMPS (Brussels) Made In China
    13010-05 Toy Island poseable Baby Smurf (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) (Belgium packing. IDEAL) © PEYO 1996 - IMPS (Brussels) Made In China
    13020-01 Toy Island Boating Smurf and his DIE CAST Speed Boat (Ron&Aly) N (smurf) © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) Made in China (boat) Toy Island Manufacturing Co.Ltd. Made in China
    13020-02 Toy Island Cowboy Smurf and his DIE CAST Rocker (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) © PEYO 1996 - IMPS (Brussels) Made In China (frame from horse:) Toy Island Manufacturing Co. Ltd Made in China
    13020-03 IRWIN Pilot Smurf and his DIE CAST Airplane (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) (IRWIN)
    13020-04 Toy Island Smurfette and her DIE CAST Roadster (Ron&Aly) (Bradley)
    13020-05 Toy Island Handy Smurf and his DIE CAST Fire Engine (Ron&Aly)
    13030-01 IRWIN Playset Fun 2-IN-1 Picnic Wish boxed (Ron&Aly) (Bradley) (IRWIN)
    13030-02 IRWIN Playset Fun 2-IN-1 Dippin Diner boxed (Ron&Aly) (IRWIN)
    13040-01 IRWIN Playset Fun 2-IN-1 Daisy Wheel boxed (Ron&Aly) (IRWIN)
    13040-02 IRWIN Playset Fun 2-IN-1 Saturn Ride (Ron&Aly) (IRWIN)
    13045 IRWIN Playset Fun 2-IN-1 Musical Tree-Go-Round (IRWIN) (Ron&Aly)
    13050-01 Toy Island minimate Smurfette with green chair (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) (chair:) CHINA
    13050-02 Toy Island minimate Diver (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13050-03 Toy Island minimate Bungy jumper (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13050-04 Toy Island minimate Sassette red boat (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13050-05 Toy Island minimate Waterscooter (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13050-06 Toy Island minimate Smurfette green boat (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13050-07 Toy Island minimate Baby on threewheeler (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13050-08 Toy Island minimate Worker with yellow tool (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) (board:) CHINA
    13050-09 Toy Island minimate Smurfette on skateboard (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) (board:) CHINA
    13050-10 Toy Island minimate Smurf on rollerskates (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) (skates:) CHINA
    13050-11 Toy Island minimate Windsurfer (Ron&Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) (board:) CHINA
    13050-12 Toy Island minimate Rescue Fireman (Ron&Aly) (Scandinavian packing) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels)
    13110-01 Toy Island Wind Ups! Superman (Ron & Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) Toy Island Manufacturing Co. Ltd
    13110-02 Toy Island Wind Ups! Jokey(Ron & Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) Toy Island Manufacturing Co. Ltd
    13110-01 Toy Island Wind Ups! Papa with books (Ron & Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) Toy Island Manufacturing Co. Ltd
    13110-01 Toy Island Wind Ups! Smurfette with flowers (Ron & Aly) Made in China © PEYO 1996-IMPS (Brussels) Toy Island Manufacturing Co. Ltd
    13???-01 Toy Island Smurf'n Talk, red: Fun with music
    13???-02 Toy Island Smurf'n Talk, blue: Who's Home
    13???-03 Toy Island Smurf'n Talk, yellow: Sounds around the house
    13???-04 Toy Island Flip Phone
    13???-05 Toy Island Berry Lovin Baby-Smurf (Bradley)

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:23 am
Here I found an article abouth the launch of these Smurfs in 1996 in the US and Canada.
Interesting to see is that the plan was even to launch a series of 200! Above might not be the complete available list (I dont mention the pluche for instance) but it never reached the 200 for sure!

The original link is this one: http://www.kidscreen.com/articles/magaz ... 16884.html
but since we never know if it stays there, here is the text below.

Special Report: Toy Fair: Smurfs come back to life: Irwin Toy is relaunching the Smurfs in North America
by: Mark Smyka Feb 1, 1996

Mention the name "Smurfs" to a North American, and the likely reaction would be the summoning of a rather distant memory of white-capped, elfin creatures who merrily went about their business in some kind of fairy tale village.

But while the recollection today among many might be little more than that, the memory is most decidedly still there, a brand image that remains alive and, even more importantly for Toronto-based Irwin Toy, continues to carry with it a very positive association.

Irwin, the toy-maker whose current line-up includes the master licence for products derived from such successful kids television series as ReBoot is about to bring the Smurfs back to life in North American toy stores, backed by a full-scale national television advertising and promotional campaign.

"We believe the timing is perfect for a relaunch of the Smurfs," says Irwin senior vice president Scott Irwin.

The idea of a Smurfs revival in North America developed out of talks between Irwin and Toy Island, a Hong Kong-based toy-maker. Toy Island had approached Irwin last summer to see whether Irwin was interested in providing North American marketing support for a new line of Smurf toys.

Toy Island, which also manufactures RoboCop and Rupert the Bear products among others, had created a series of Smurf spin-offs featuring molded plastic Smurf characters with articulated arms and legs.

In addition, Toy Island had created a line of accessories and playsets related to these new Smurfs.

"This (articulated limbs) had never been done with Smurfs, and we became very excited about the notion of bringing them back," says Irwin.

The Smurf phenomenon began in Europe in 1958 as a comic strip. The happy tales from Smurf village made their way into comics and story books across Europe, and its first animated film in 1975.

Throughout Europe Smurfs are as popular today and as prominent in European toy stores and promotional tie-ins as they ever were.

By contrast, Smurfs have virtually disappeared from the North American market. They made their debut in the U.S. in September 1981 when NBC began airing the first of 256 episodes it had ordered from Hanna-Barbera. Smurfs took North America by storm, then faded in a peaceful exit after an extraordinarily lucrative run.

The Cartoon Network has continued airing the show in off-peak time slots, but otherwise the Smurfs have been on commercial hold in the U.S. and Canada.

This is about to change.

"We couldn't believe, when we looked into it, that it had been so long since Smurfs were here in North America," says Irwin.

"Yet the characters are timeless. There's nothing that would date them. They have no clothing style set in time. They really are a timeless fairy tale."

The Smurfs were a bit of a fairy tale story for the manufacturers and retailers who supported the products as well. By some estimates, Smurfs generated more than $1 billion (US) combined retail sales during their best year.

"Some toy lines, when they have run their course, end up leaving a retailer, or a manufacturer-or both-with some inventory. A toy line that might have a wonderful ride up, can often have a powerful ride down in terms of mark-downs or close-ups," says Irwin.

"In the case of Smurfs, everyone seemed to have played it perfectly. They (Smurfs) didn't come to an abrupt end. They came to a very soft landing, leaving all parties happy and satisfied. That's probably one of the reasons why you can't pinpoint when they went away.

"Some propertities have a very clear life span, say, six months, when they rise in popularity then die when the novetly factor has worn off and there is nothing of substance to sustain them.

"Smurfs aren't that kind of product. There are Smurfs groups on the Internet today, which makes sense when you realize that the 10 year olds of 15 years ago are the 25 year olds who are on the Net today," Irwin points out.

Irwin spotted a couple of other trends in the marketplace that made him feel that backing the Smurfs was a pretty safe bet.

"The timing looks good. For one thing, we're coming off a year in which there was no big licensing success. Retailers and manufacturers all invested heavily into new concepts and, by and large, were disappointed

"Now we're heading into Toy Fair '96 with another 50-or-so licences that are being touted as the next best thing. And retailers are being asked to make decisions based on TV shows that haven't been on air yet and movies that haven't even been made.

"And people are trying to make up their minds on the basis of whether they are looking at another potential Batman, or another Waterworld. Who knows?

"Retailers are understandably heading into this year with a somewhat jaded view with respect to new licences."

Irwin says he thinks Smurfs might also fit into what he describes as a pendulum-swing back to the revival of old hits. Irwin pioints to the successful rerelease of such old-time toy favorites as Stretch Armstrong and Creepy Crawlers as examples.

"Manufacturers are going back into their archives looking for what worked before."

A key element of the Smurfs toy line that made the products such a success 15 years ago-and which maintains their popularity in Europe-is their collectability. There are a couple of hundred tiny Smurfs that people can buy. Collectors went mad over the characters, picking up a Smurf with a tennis racket to go with the Smurf with a shovel or the one reading a book so they could make up their own Smurf villages.

"The category was definitiely collectability," says Irwin.

Before going ahead with his North American game plan, Irwin went beyond the limited product line tied up by Toy Island and purchased licensing rights to vinyl miniatures as well as plush toys. Smurf licences are controlled by the Brussels-based company, IMPS.

"If we were prepared to put all this promotional and marketing support behind the Smurfs we didn't want someone to be able to ride on our coattails. We really wanted to control the licence," says Irwin.

Throughout the late summer and early fall, Irwin met with European licensees and lined up agreements to represent their products in North America. "It meant we could take product off their tooling and be in business right away," says Irwin.

At the same time, Irwin presented the idea to a number of major retailers and became even more encouraged by their responses. "We're getting good support for early delivery. They all want to test it," says Irwin.

The next step was locking up the Smurfs television series for Canada. The show has already been playing on the Cartoon Network in the U.S. Irwin hopes that next fall, when the Cartoon Network is expected to increase its penetration of U.S. households from its current 23.6 million to 35 million subscribers, it will have the effect of a relaunch of the Smurfs.

For Canada, Irwin has purchased 65 episodes of the show and expects to have a broadcast deal signed soon for a spring air date.

"The show, like the toy line, has a timelessness about it. It also fits in with the current interest in non-violent programming, yet it has an element of excitement about it. And there are other positive apsects, as in the fact that the Smurfs are all blue in color, which gives the show a multicultural element. Everyone can identify with them."

Irwin will be introducing more than 200 of the Smurf miniatures, available on blister cards or in counter displays. As well, 12 animated Super Smurf figures and six action figures will be available, along with three traditional Smurf cottages.

Five Smurf playsets include an animated figure, and four diecast vehicles with Smurfs are part of the line.

The preschool category includes a Talkin' Flip Phone and three Smurf 'n' Talks. In plush, Irwin is offering an assortment of 9- to 12-inch Smurfs and a 16-inch Berry Lovin' Baby Smurf with color change and sound.

The next piece of the puzzle-the one that Irwin is still working on, and the piece that would make the picture perfect, he says-will be lining up a fast food or packaged goods promotional partner. "That,"says Irwin, "will be the icing on the cake."

Postby Gerda » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:52 pm

- Berry Lovin Baby-Smurf: Bradley has one, so was avalable at least in Australia.

Ron & Aly
I bought mine at toys r us here in the states, so it was released here too. Around this time too a small line of the pvc's came out in the same type of packing as the irwins.
I never saw the preschool series here.

gerda

happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 pm
Isn't that Berry loving baby the one that they pulled from the stores over here because they thought it says something nasty?

Great research, Ron I had no idea there are that many different ones out there :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:31 pm
Gerda,
The smurf in your package is actually "just" a Schleich baby smurf, or is it a Toy Island?
Can you tell me the number on the package just above the IRWIN label? I just cannot read it...

I realise that on the packing of for instance the Picnic Wish 2-in-1 is on the top right a picture of "Collectable Figures" which seem Schleich ones to me..
As these were sold by Irwin, the collection sold by Irwin easily could contain ofcours as well Schleich as new Toy Island ones...

In 1996 or around these years I was doing other things than collecting Smurfs, but here in the Netherlands they were not available I think, so ours are all "import".
--

Maureen, thx. Once you start writing it down, seems that I had already more info than I thought, but still there are blanks :(

Detail from Picnic Wish packing.

Ron

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Ron,
the baby is actually a normal Schleich figure. I think Irwin held the license for smurfs during the 90s after Wallace Berrie got out of it. They also released 5 or 6 super smurf in those packages, that are the same as they ones that were released by Schleich in the boxes :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:27 pm
yup like Maureen said it's a schleich smurf with the markings M china. I have a tennis smurfette also in this blister pack and the number on both above the irwin is 20825
the copywrite on the back of these says 1995
Yes the berry loving smurf is the one that was pulled from the shelf for saying bad words, but I never heard anything naughty coming from it. I know there have been other toys that made it on the news where people heard it say bad things and then the company apologises to them and sends them a new one. I'm not saying it can't happen to a toy where something wrong gets recorded but it sure is a good way to get a lawsuit going isn't it :banghead:
happily smurfing along

Postby bradley » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:41 am
The schleich figures in the Irwin packaging were never released in Australia. That is interesting to see the back of the packaging in that photo and seeing the schleich figures pictured. I also know that the big Musical Tree set was never released here either.

My Berry Lovin Baby doesn't say bad things.

Postby Azrael » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:00 am
Hello...

Berry Lovin' Baby Smurf was pulled in the Uk and there is an article in The Sun that you can find online.

This is totally, totally true.

In 1996, with the relaunch in the UK, also came the series on BBC and the line of figures you have said. (I have a LOT of these is double if anyone is interested. I was 16 at the time and the re-birth of Smurfs amazed me! The Birmingham NEC show and UK tour of THE SMURFS GO POP was the highlight!

Anyhoo.... the Baby says (In baby language) "Give me a fork", but it was pulled after families complained to The Sun that it actually said "Give me a...(Well you get the idea!).

This is totally true! On the day of the Sun report, Woolworths pulled it from their line and the only was I got one was because my mum managed to convince a Woolworths worker that she had put one by before it was pulled!

Oh... and to be honest... and this is prob the ONLY time I will agree with The Sun... it does kinda sound naughty when you are listening out for it!

If anybody needs any of these figures I do have a lot. Oh, did you know that they also did cottages for a limited time in ASDA? They brough out three that came with Snappy, Flute Player and Baby with car.

Peace out.

Oh, pass me the fork.

:)
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bradley » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:07 am
give me the fork? Is that what it says? I thought on the packaging it said that the second thrase was just 'baby talk'. I always thought it sounded like 'open the book'..

That Smurfs come back in the 90s wasn't very huge here. Only 1 store had some of the toy line. And I think only 1 CD store had the smurfs hits CD. So the Berry Lovin Swearing smurf wasn't pulled off the shelve here. From memory though, there weren't very many on the shelve to start with. Same with the rest of the smurf toys.

Postby Azrael » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:19 am
Well the report stated that, Irwin said in defence the baby says "Give me a fork" (or pass, one of them) and it was said in baby talk..

Still... it's always good to have some Smurf controversy! :)
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club
Page 1 of 3

Login