Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Gerda » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm
I wrote jakks pacific because on there website you can see the new smurf houses along with all the other play along that we have all been able to find in the stores.
I wrote asking if the painter house, papa, and smurfette house (the new ones in blue packing) where going to be limited eddition as no one has been able to find them in there stores and Yet they are being sold online by some sellers. Here is the response I got. (the other items available ar the old ones we know about)

Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations,

We are still producing those items; however I am not aware if the Painter House is available yet. The other remaining items should be at our 3 major retail stores: Target, Wal-mart and Toys R Us

Interesting to hear that they are saying that the painter house is not in production yet, makes you wonder where these people are getting there houses from? I'm sure it is not a preorder thing as I had someone write me saying they received the grandma figure and it had a broken packaging when it arrived.
of course there is always the possibility this person is clueless :-?
happily smurfing along

Postby PVCBlue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:24 pm
Thanks for the info Gerda!! Did they say anything about the windmill playset?

I couldn't wait fro them to come to the stores so I got the "Nanny and Grandpa" and "Gargamel and Azreal" sets off eBay, they are totally cool!!

:-D
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:07 pm
I wonder if anybody snatched them up from the factory :-?

Pretty cool that you got a response from them, Gerda...at least we know there are coming, and we have a bit more time to save some money for them 8)

I wouldn't be surprised if they are spreading the release of the individual items out into next year. If you think of it....we saw pictures of the first play alongs last year but they weren't in the stores until this year, and it would make sense to release more in the year of the movie release :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm
OMG! That is awesome news!
I really got to break away from collecting other stuff for now
(Transformers, Disney Pixar Cars) and get back to Smurf Collecting.
Thanks for letting us know Gerda!
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Gerda » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 pm
Thanks for the info Gerda!! Did they say anything about the windmill playset?
:-D
:doh: never thought to ask :no:

I think Maureen is right and they will spread things out. Plus lets not forget that most of the newer toys come out before christmas, we can hope!
happily smurfing along

Postby Picaja » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:43 am
Thanks Gerda :D
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Gerda » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 pm
I asked the person about this windmill and she said that ALL the smurfs will be sold in canada and the U.S. market so we will be seeing it. :-D She just did not say when :banghead:
happily smurfing along

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:33 pm
I'm willing to wait as long as we get them.
Thanks for the info Gerda!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:49 pm
I am with Smurfsterocks on that one....it helps me to save up for the new ones :-D

And there is nothing like a nice smurfy convo at the cash register with the cashier when you buy the smurfs....or smiling at the odd looks you are getting when you leave with a shopping cart full of smurfs :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 pm
Hopefully by Christmas! :) :)

Postby xxeaglesfanxx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:07 pm
i havent been able to find the 3rd series of the two packs in the store yet. i saw them on ebay but i dont want to pay $5.00 more for each of them, that is a rip off. i did however get the other new sets by jakks, the extreme sports, regular sports, bakery, picnic, band, and beach packs :)

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:51 pm
i havent been able to find the 3rd series of the two packs in the store yet.
I think those are the last to be released because no one except Smurfsterocks in NY has found them and on target.com, it says "in store only" which is kind of annoying because you can order the other new smurf stuff online :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:01 pm
I think those are the last to be released because no one except Smurfsterocks in NY has found them and on target.com, it says "in store only" which is kind of annoying because you can order the other new smurf stuff online :-?
Are you serious? I find that kind of strange that they only had those in
New York so far. There's nothing special about New York, except that I
live in it. LOL! Someone has had to find these in another Target in another
State. Please speak up if you have, Thank you.

Postby Gerda » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:14 pm
I've seen canadian sellers have these :-? not sure where they are getting them from unless they hijacked a shipment
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:18 pm
I think Norma said she found them as well

We don't even have the new houses yet...but we did have one of each of the Jokey and Brainy plush :-? Only one of each though..which made no sense either

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:22 pm
I've seen canadian sellers have these :-? not sure where they are getting them from unless they hijacked a shipment
Smurfs Hijacked???
NOOOOOOOO (LOL)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 pm
I think Norma said she found them as well

We don't even have the new houses yet...but we did have one of each of the Jokey and Brainy plush :-? Only one of each though..which made no sense either
I haven't been to Target since the last time I found 2 of the 2nd wave
figures. I'll take a trip tomorrow after work and see what they have.
I'm looking for those new Beanies too.

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am
The two packs were in the Massachusetts Target but not in the New Hampshire ones yet. They didn't have any of the new houses or windmill or the Granny & Grampa two packs. The New Hampshire Target told me that they would only put out the new stuff when there was enough room on the shelves, so not sure if that meant all of the old stuff had to go first. The Massachusetts had the old and new stuff out together.

Postby Gerda » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 am
just curiouse if anyone found these in any of the walmarts :-? I have checked out several in my area and nothing.
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am
I have just heard some very very exciting news (for me)....I have to go on a business trip for two weeks in September and it will be in Scranton PA...this means I get to check out the Targets, TRus and Walmarts in that area as well...Surely, I'll find something :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 2

Login