Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:05 pm
I have a question about small dupuis. I just got these guys in the mail and at first glance thought they where fakes because the paint is terrible on them. Then I inspected them more closely and all four of these little guys have
Peyo
& ED Dupuis
union
(written just like that in that order)
They don't have a date on them, They are the same size as the regular pvc smurfs, but a little harder. The only mention I can see in the book only shows the out stretched hand smurf, papa, regular and gold?
Does anyone know if these are real?? :-? :-?
gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:04 pm
HI!

I don't know that much but Sven (pekkelien) does..
he had some for sale last week..and has had them on sale before

I also have some..and thought they were fakes..they are really badly painted..especially the judge ones..are cross eyed :wink:

I'm sure they are real though!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:20 pm
I wish I could help Gerda but know very litle about these. I don't have any yet although I would love to get some so I can become more familiar with them. Hopefully Sven can help like Attom metioned.

Dyar

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:11 am
Yes, they are real, and they are always terribly painted. This is the second series of Dupuis Smurfs (the outstretched hands is the first one), and it's a lot harder to find information about them, although the Smurfs themselves are a lot easier to find than the first series. I guess they were used for promotional purposes (inside cereals or so) ,as I've never seen an advert for the sale of them (and there were lots of adverts for the first series). From the top of my head (the part where the hair is disappearing slowly), there's is also a papa, a judge brainy (or lawyer brainy, whatever), and a drummer. I think I have a few more, but I need to get them out first.
The ones you have seem to be in a very good condition, BTW. Most I've seen are badly rubbed.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:58 am
Fram on the subject of these smurfs and because I am too lazy to hit the PM button, I received the parcel thanks! :D And your book is on its way! Haven't looked at everything properly but looks like some nice goodies in there and will have a better look when I have more time. Thanks! :-D

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:59 am
My pleasure!

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:32 am
hello i think these where the first smurfs
they are also ownly for belgium published
since the campagnie the publiced the smurf in belgium ( the comic launchers) are called dupuis
i think these where the very first smurfs publiced with the books
im not sure
but yes these are terrible painted many think these are fakes but im almost sure these where publiced in the 60's
i know there is a papa variation in them too red raw and white raw
hope this helps

Postby Gerda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:03 am
Thank you Pekkelein. :cheers:

So if I understand it right these preceded the normal pvc smurfs? I wonder why they did such a terrible job painting them?! The smurfette looks like she has racoon eyes... yuch...

Thanks for all your help!
gerda

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:41 am
Nope. The other, good Dupuis smurfs (different molds: hands are parallel, feet are flat and rounded, Papa has eyebrows!) were made from 1959 on, and certainly still made and sold around 1964. I should really check to now what happened afterwards, but that's not the point.
The Dupuis Union smurfs are later, late sixties or early seventies, and are copies (not fakes) of the Schleich molds, badly made and painted, in a harder material, probably for commercial purposes (as gifts inside cereal packages or washing powder or such). They are rather easy to find in Belgium, I have no idea how rare they are in Germany, France or the Netherlands.
Thinking about their age: I have Dupuis Union Papa (Schleich: from 1966), Drummer (1966), Lawyer Brainy (1971), Vanity(1972), Smurfette (1971) and Mocking (200077, 1973). So I guess they will be from around 1973. If anyone has any other Dupuis Unions, please list them here, so we can make a list of what exists!

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:10 pm
i think i have more off them ill see in my collection when i find the time :D

Postby Gerda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:35 pm
Interesting..

thanks for setting me straight on that. :D
gerda

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:52 pm
yeah thanks!! that info was very helpful!!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:45 am
yeah thanks!! that info was very helpful!!!
I agree...thanks from me too. I know very little about these and they have always been an area that has baffled me. Hopefully I will find some soon and learn more about them so I can store that info in my memory.

:D :cheers: :D

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm
I was trying to find a list of Dupuis Union smurfs and came across this thread. Does anybody have anything else to add? Photos would be good. :D

I have the following:

I know I'm missing the papa.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:25 pm
I think the Papa is the only one you are missing, Hil :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Michelle » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:57 am
You always can ask Cathy for gim.... :D
It's indeed the only one you are missing my dear!

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:06 am
You always can ask Cathy for gim.... :D
:) :) She got him and I got the pirates and that beautiful Smurfette! :) :) (She got loads of others as well!)

Thank you both! :D :hug: :hug:
Page 1 of 1

Login