Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:09 am
Most of you will know my fascination with the Jungle smurf. I was watching a raw jungle on the weekend and it ended while I was driving home from Perth (2hr drive) so I was kinda biting my nails all the way home wondering if I'd won or not. Anyway I did win and heres a pic of the little fella. I am stoked!

So much for the "I will not buy fakes and I will not buy raws" :-?

:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:20 am
Never say never. Then I started collecting, I promised myself not to collect non pvc-smurf items. But resulting from the worldwide success of ebay, it was much more difficult for me to find any pvc smurf in great condition. :(
But since I prefer to buy old smurfs at fleamarkets, I won't give in.

That's why I started to look out for non pvc items again, about one year ago, too.
:)

Your wild raw fake looks amazing and I'm so glad you won it !!! :D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:08 am
A great addition to your collection Linda, he's really great........ :-D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby samismurf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:33 am
great rohling
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:42 pm
:) :) :)

I know exactly what you mean, Linda....... I broke down about two months ago and bought my first raw from an Australian seller ( :o ) and have bought more since then....

I love your raw Wild Smurf. Will you be buying more raws now?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:59 pm
Hi Linda, congratulations, he is a lovely smurf. :cheers:

Will this be the start of someting bigger though? Next the green tirolese or the brown biscuit smurfs? :-? :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:38 pm
Will this be the start of someting bigger though? Next the green tirolese or the brown biscuit smurfs? :-? :)

ummmm well I did already buy the biscuit raw cos he just looks oh so chocolatey... unfortunately he's in one of those missing packages :( :(

But thats it...no more....seriously...no more...why do I get the feeling no-one is believing me???

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:39 pm
hi Linda!

very good news that you won him! congrats!

also I think you did even better as I have not seen this one before

maybe I missed these..but I have a raw and so does dyar but they are not like the won you WOn! you have a special one! with eyes and mouth! he is superb!!!!!!! rare! ours have no details..

http://www.sgtpapas.com/

http://www.geocities.com/attombomb7/Pageone.html #2.0069
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:38 am
He's lovely Linda :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:25 am
It is really amazing how many different raw from Waldbaur/Nestle are existing.
For myself it would be interesting how many different types and colours are known.... But I think they'll never know the truth :banghead:

Postby attombomb7 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:25 am
hi cheesy!~

I remember when I first started collecting, I was told by several collectors on another site that their were only 8

but as you know we see tons on EBAY, so who knows?
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:36 am
hi cheesy!~

I remember when I first started collecting, I was told by several collectors on another site that their were only 8

but as you know we see tons on EBAY, so who knows?

Only 8......... :eek: :)

Smurfy regards

Postby Rachel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:14 am
I *think* that there might have been only 8 figures shown on the original Waldbaur packaging but I don't have one so I can't confirm this.

There are a few different types of coloured raws so I don't know of anywhere that shows every single one that has been produced. The DSK does show a good selection but doesn't list the different types or all of their markings. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 am
Because of the title of this topic Linda I keep singing to the tune of Boney M's "Brown girl in the ring"- "Wild man in the raw, tra la la la la" :) :) :)

Smurfy regards

Postby aussiesmurfer » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:45 pm
He looks great Linda!

Well Done :D

Trish

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:34 pm
I can imagine these raws are easily faked also.....Is there a good way to recognize fakes, like with the other smurfs? I really grow to love the raws now that I have quite a few, but I still hold on to my conviction not to get any fakes if I can help it (wonder how long those conviction will hold :) )

.... Or do I have a blonde moment here because the raws are fakes???? :o :?

Is it just me, but everytime I think I know just about everything about smurf collecting, new and harder questions arise :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby naish510 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:26 pm
Hey Linda

That's a really nice smurf you have there and no I don't believe you about stopping here.

Dyar

PS - Can you email me with the Schonwald sockels you still need

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:39 pm
normally you can see faked raws always (better sometimes) on bad mold, ridges (I hope that's the right word for ???) , hard material,soft material, bad smell :sick: , sellers name, fuzzy markings and (tatata the best one) by comparing it to your own originals (Yeah that was way I have to go to get 21 original Bundesliga soccer smurfs... to get everyone at least twice for comparing (That's the reason why I still do not know my Herta BSC Berlin is original or not :-( ))))
BTW you could sell you sorted out to me ;-)

Last week I got the prisoner as Waldbaur raw. Never seeon before, blue material, black stripes eyes and mouth.

I really love all that raw stuff but only the funny coloured one...... The white one are just boring...

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:53 pm

PS - Can you email me with the Schonwald sockels you still need

no worries...done

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:25 am
hi Cheesy!

that prisoner sounds amazing! nice find!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Page 1 of 2

Login