Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby cal78 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:36 pm
Have Seen the info on Paint Dots, and Know the Other Countries Colors, But I Have A 2.0520 New Techno Smurf with a Blue Dot, Which Country Has a Blue Dot?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:47 pm
That's a great question...I have never thought about it but most of the newer smurfs have the blue paint dot

China maybe? :-? just a guess, but it seems the newer ones are all made in China
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:57 pm
This is the information that I have. A lot of the older smurfs have either no dot or a coloured dot signifying apparently where they were painted. I was given the following information concerning the colours: Red = Sri Lanka, Yellow (mustard) = Portugal, Green = Tunisia. There are also black dots & white dots.

Then came the blue paint dot which signifies that it was made using the "new" PVC formula, used since October 2000, when the "old" formulation was banned from use in the European Union.

Currently the smurfs have no dot again.

I hope that helps :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:17 am
Hi guys :wave2:
Then came the blue paint dot which signifies that it was made using the "new" PVC formula, used since October 2000, when the "old" formulation was banned from use in the European Union.
Yep, this is my understanding too and of course, also as Tojo mentions, not all the newer smurfs have the blue dots. Off hand I am pretty sure 2005, 2006 and 2007 smurfs don't have any dot. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby cal78 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:56 pm
Darn, so I Did not find the Millon Dollar Extremely Rare Smurf, Well I'll Keep Looking.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:42 pm
Well you still have that big one if nothing else......still jealous.....but have at least stopped crying about it......during daylight hours at least

Cryar :(
Page 1 of 1

Login