Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:37 pm
I have never noticed it before until I micro checked my smurfs

There are quite a few smurfs that have the Bully marking marked overf and put the Schleich marking next to it

Obviously these smurfs were originally Bully ones and Schleich took over

How should I catagolize them? As Bully smurfs or Schleich ones? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:28 pm
Hi Moey

Good question

I record these type of ones as Schleich smurfs in my catalogue.....but I guess it doesn't hurt to mention they were previously Bully smurfs as well to be more aware of what you have.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:43 pm
Thanks, Dyar :D I have done the same thing but then I started thinking :) :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Rachel » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:50 am
Hi Maureen, I have noticed the same thing too and like Dyar, I normally mark them as Schleich. :D

It is interesting to think about, the alterations made to older molds either because the company itself has changed or the licensing info has changed or even the addition of the CE mark in various ways.

I am hoping to look into all of this a bit more as I noticed some info regarding Bully molds in an SCCI newsletter recnetly. I shall of course report back. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:22 am
that would be great, Rachel :-D

I have also noticed that a few of my smurfs don't seem to have a marking but upon further investigation I noticed they do have a Peyo marking on their arms..Their quality is very poor (kind of like the ones without marking where the paints is peeling off)..Since they don't say Schleich or Bully, I guess they were released by somebody else..Does anybody have any idea by whom? or have more information about them?

They do look like the old Bully figures, just don't have the Bully marking :?

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 1

Login