Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Elvissmurf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:41 am
OK!!...this Elvis is gonna blow his cool soon...if the Royal mail doesn`t sort out this pay dispute and sort it out darn quick.

The reason for my angst is that i am getting customers who bought Smurfs nearly 2 weeks ago saying they haven`t received them yet,whilst others are still getting their`s the next day....Do i blame this on the strikes,the floods...or is it people just trying it on,to get a refund. :-?

Also i am waiting about the same time scale to receive items from abroad.

Well they`ve certainly disrupted my little business long enough,so can they please have their payrise and get on with it!!! :x
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:01 am
I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having, Elvis

I received a package from the UK today that took about a week, which is the normal time, so I am not sure why some packages are taking longer

I take it the postal workers are on strike...I hope they get is sorted out soon :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Elvissmurf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36 am
Hi Maureen,

I have been waiting for some Smurfs from stateside since the 12th July...like you said it normally takes on average a week...i contacted the seller who said he had had some personal problems and didn`t get to the post office until 4 days later...i have since bought and received Smurfs from the States in the normal time...so why these should be an exception i don`t know (unless they were sent via ship and not air),also waiting on a Smurf from Holland from a seller who is always reliable,but this time it is taking an age...oh well,i suppose these are the dangers of buying and selling on Ebay...it is all basically down to trust,in the fact that you`re paying for something that you only hope the seller will send (i know my wife has paid for 2 rings in the past and either not received them or received an item that bore no resemblance to the picture on the listing...and when she tried for a refund the seller kept the item and left Ebay altogether..she only received a small part of the total amount through paypal...the other one just dragged it out until the time for filing a claim had run out..so she lost out altogether on that deal).

Only hope remains :)

Postby Rachel » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:37 pm
Hi Elvis, sorry to hear you are waiting a little too long for things. I haven't really noticed our post too much so I am not sure if things are slow at the moment or not.

I have read these strikes are going to rattle on for a while yet though. :???:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Elvissmurf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:53 pm
:omg: :helpsign:

What more can i say?? :(

Postby steveparkes » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:48 pm
I hate when there are postal strikes..don't they know there are smurfs to be delivered :???:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:02 pm
apparently not, Steve....me thinks, one of you needs to find a job within the postal service and make sure those smurfy packages get delivered :yes:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby southernyacht » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:43 am
Hi Elvis,

I know how you feel. I sent a cheque off in the post first class (don't you just love those ebay auctions where it's something you REALLY want but they don't take Paypal!). I sent it the same day the auction finished - and it took over a week to arrive :-o :oops: Thankfully, they were very understanding.

I won't even mention all the other auctions I'm waiting for that haven't arrived :banghead: I think of them everyday though when I drive past the picket line at our local sorting office.

Still mustn't complain - I went out on strike myself last year! :) :)
Cathy x :cat:

Postby steveparkes » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:52 pm
I ordered something online for a birthday and I paid for express shipping..the birthday is tomorrow, and because of the bloody strike I haven't got it for the persons birthday :banghead: :( :banghead:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Elvissmurf » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:34 pm
I don`t think they should get a pay-rise until they actually do some bloody work.....i`m starting to worry about the Smurfs i`m waiting for..they`re out there somewhere....all alone!! :eek:

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:42 am
I ordered something online for a birthday and I paid for express shipping..the birthday is tomorrow, and because of the bloody strike I haven't got it for the persons birthday :banghead: :( :banghead:
Oh, that sucks Steve. :???:

They announced more strikes on the news last night, for next week I think. :eek:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:06 am
*sigh* well I think I'll give up on this present then Rachel if there are more strikes planned..I don't think I'll ever see it..I hope it doesn't get lost, it was quite expensive :(

Page 1 of 1

Login