Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:37 pm
Howdy Folks... :)

it's time again for the World's longest yardsale also knows as the hwy 127 yardsale

It started today and will last thru Sunday..the beauty of it is that it goes straight thru Dunlap... It originally started around Jamestown at the Kentucky/Tennessee border but now extends as far North as Ohio to the deep South in Alabama...All over Highway 127 people come to sell or buy and it is always a lot of fun to meet interesting people from all over the US

I have gone every year so far and wanted to take a few days off and do the whole thing, but things came up so it wasn't possible...Anyway, Mum and I decided to drive up to Crossville on Saturday and drive back HWY 127 towards dunlap and check out the stands close to home...I am not sure I will find smurfs,...but if I don't it will not be because I wasn't looking :D

I will also be taking my digital camera with me and hopefully get some nice pictures...

Wish me luck that I come back with some smurfy finds....that would be just too cool..... :cheers: :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 pm
Good luck Mo Mo Mo Your Boat

I hope you find lots of smurfs and what I affectionately call "smurf junk" that you don't already have in your collection.

I am sure you can find something there and lets hope the prices are dirt cheap.

"They'rre senden mei to Tennessay".....no reason for saying that but I have been saying it all week for some reason and seem to be entertaining myself which probably means I should git out a little more. I have been trying to find "Deliverance" at the video shop but they never seem to have it in and quite frankly they are starting to think I am slightly.....hmm, not so normal by continuously asking for it.

Good luck Moey :cheers: ......break a leg :D :)

Dyar

PS - Well I didn't necessarily mean your's......you could always break the leg of that nice young man named Jeremy who likes to put his tongue into things.

PPS - Good luck Moey :cheers: (full stop).....or fool's stop :-?

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:51 am
That is some yard sale !

I hope you find some smurfs Mosey ! And take some nice pics please :D

As Dyar said, i totally agree with him that you break Jeremy's leg ! 8-) 8-)

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:45 am
That sounds really cool Mo, I will look forward to seeing some pics. :-D

Goes without saying, goodluck with the smurf hunt. :goodluck:

Maybe you should make a big sign saying "Looking For Smurfs" so you can get everyone's attention. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:36 am
Maybe you should make a big sign saying "Looking For Smurfs" so you can get everyone's attention. :D
It always helps when you wear a smurf shirt too...I just started doing this and I get the obvious question of "Are you looking for smurfs??" DUH but it works! :) :) :) Good luck too :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:05 pm
I wore the T-shirt, Stace :D but I doubt the sellers knew what I was looking for...I found one smurfette pin for a quarter and several Hardee's glasses. But other than that no smurfs...but lots of snoopy, Disney, some Star Wars toys, and many many Winnie the pooh figures :)

It was a fun day...very hot but much fun and I had the most fun looking at car tags and to see where people came from...There were visitors from as far away as California and Alaska..and from as far up North as Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio (of course), New York....and also Mississippi, Florida, Arkansas, Texas, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama and of course Tennessee :-D..
I was pretty proud that I only spent a quarter (the smurfette pin) but I did spent some money on food...home made icecream (yummy, yummy, yummy :smitten:) and funnel cake :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:37 pm
I was hoping you had a lot of luck today Moey but a pin is better than nothing I guess.

Sounds like there was a great collection of licence plates there :) :) :)

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login