Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby FlamingO » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:32 pm
Hi All,

I just wondered if anyone had some tried and tested ways of getting rid of hiccups :-D

Look forward to hearing any suggestions - when I get them I get them bad and right now I sound like a toad :banghead: plus what with trying to quit the smokes too I feel a bit like this :x :angry: tis evening :?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:36 pm
Yikes !

Glass of water ?

Hold your breath maybe ?

Get someone to scare ya 8-) 8-)

Hope they go soon Sue :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:19 pm
Sue, I have them, too and they can last very long..

I have tried all three options that Graham gave with the usual results

- getting scared...well, that was the first thing people tried to do when I had them so it was a bit difficult to be scared when you except it

- holding my breath ....nearly got me killed but didn't get rid of the hiccups

- drinking water ... great idea..until it backfired when I had the hiccup while the water was in my mouth :shock:

However, finally Granny told me one day
"When you have the hiccups don't mind it too much as it means somebody who likes you is thinking of you at that moment."

And can I tell you something? since then my hiccups tend to go away pretty fast, and I don't mind them much anymore...just the idea that somebody special has me on his mind...well....gives me warm thoughts that tend to get rid of my hiccups :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 pm
It is always nice to learn a new word in english: hiccups!!!!!It sounds well...Here we call "hipo", and the ways of getting rid hyccups are international :) :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby FlamingO » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:41 pm
Thanks guys!
"When you have the hiccups don't mind it too much as it means somebody who likes you is thinking of you at that moment."
I might try that next time :D Although I think last night my man was thinking of me at that moment - thinking he wished I'd shut up darn hiccuping :)

As it happened I shortly afterwards ate some apple pie and cream and by the time I had finished they had gone :-D I wonder if I'd get the same result with chocolate gateau, I might just start liking hiccups :grinning: :cheerz:

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:46 am
Chocolate gateau ......... :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:

:) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:04 pm
Hi guys, I am not sure how to cure yourself if you are by yourself but if someone else has them it is REALLY easy:

Just ask them to hiccup again, in fact beg them. The more you want to hiccup the more you can't. I have done it loads of times, in school with kids where I have been that confident, I have offered them money to hiccup again, in a pub where I offered to buy a pint and whenever Richard start's I just ask t=him to do it again.

Honestly, it really does work. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:34 pm
That's funny, Rach...I never heard that one before. I've also heard to eat a spoonful of sugar but never tried that.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:52 am
I've also heard to eat a spoonful of sugar but never tried that.
Oh I do that too sometimes. Not when I have hiccups though, just cause I have a sweet tooth! :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:41 pm
When Staci says "boo" to me it automatically stops my hiccups

I am not sure why this is so....she doesn't even say it loud or scary like......but it instantly works and I stop hiccupping. I guess I am just trained to do so now.

This one time....at Pizza Hut.....I even had to boo myself because there was no one else with me

Dyar :-?

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:44 pm
This one time....at Pizza Hut.....I even had to boo myself because there was no one else with me
I didn't know there was a Pizza Hut at Band Camp :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:46 pm
Well I was actually at Hand Camp so there definately was a Pizza slut there

Dyar

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:06 pm
I see Dyar's on the ball as usual.... :)

:haha:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login