Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:46 pm
Rachael (and any other Dr Who watchers):

Is Captain Jack supposed to be bisexual? The episode where Derek Jacobi turns into the Master just played here, and Captain Jack, formerly a swashbuckling-ish womanizer breaks into these jealous moments that come across a little awkward.

Since you've seen how the season plays out, I just wondered where the writers (painfully) go with this.

I guess Rose Tyler was pretty popular, but I'm glad the old windbag is gone. With Dr Who being a sort of show for nerds, it makes more sense for the doctor to be carrying on with a medical student in her late 20s than with a teen-ager who is probably most math geeks worst nightmare. "Books are what you put your beer on so it doesn't stain mom's table, right? And what do you do all that reading for, then?"

The writing for the episodes is getting a little better. But, I watch the show for the characters. Some of the plots are really, really ridiculous.

I mean, like chair-squirming "where's the fast forward?" ridiculous.

Like: A dalek incinerates 500 people. The doctor gets mad, so Rose Tyler informs him he has become just like the daleks. And, that becomes the theme of the episode. It's a shame Martha will never be able to slap that little bitch and suggest she move out of the house and get a job, or something.

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:01 am
Hi Tim, yep Captain Jack is very much an all rounder. :D

There is a spin off of Dr Who called Torchwood and Captain Jack is the main character. Much more is explained in this. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:17 am
Torchwood is terrific!!!

John Barrowman who plays C. Jack is gay in real life and yes, he definitely is bi-sexual in Torchwood.
yep Captain Jack is very much an all rounder
I also love Barrowman's talents as a theatre actor/singer. He definitely IS an all rounder and not just in the sexual sense. :-D

Have you guessed? Yes, I am a huge John Barrowman fan.

Check him out in the film 'De-lovely' - the film is about the life of the legendary composer Cole Porter.
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:51 pm
I agree Sharon, I loved Torchwood too. Maybe I am a bit biased as much of it was filmed around here so it was great seeing local places but we both thoroughly enjoyed the series. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:16 pm
Hi Tim, yep Captain Jack is very much an all rounder. :D

There is a spin off of Dr Who called Torchwood and Captain Jack is the main character. Much more is explained in this. :-D
David Tennant's doctor is definitely not an all-rounder, so I beg that the writers don't give us any "I don't want to hurt you, Captain Jack, but I'm not sure I'm ready for our friendship to go this far. And I still have that super hot assistant who leaves Rose Tyler resembling a hippopotamus without a brain."

Actually, it's really fruity how the doctor acts like he is stringing Martha along while wishing he had Rose back. Rose ought to be like one of those mid-life crisis'es you wake out of and give the girl $1000 if she promises never to call you again. And graduate highschool, for Christ's sake.

"Rose, dear Rose, you'll always be my little sister. I was telling Martha just the other day what a nice, sweet kid you are. Just stay out of juvenile corrections facility. And, really, truly, learn to read. You really need that in today's society. Hey, maybe Martha can help you learn to read. She's nice that way. And, she graduated highschool. And, she has a medical degree. She's extremely, extremely hot. Bye."

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:52 pm
Torchwood was only on here for about 3 weeks and was axed :eek:
I saw 2 episodes, one about fairies in the backyard and another with some alien thing that went around killing men after having sex with them :shock:

Did it get better ? :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:08 pm
Torchwood was only on here for about 3 weeks and was axed :eek:
I saw 2 episodes, one about fairies in the backyard and another with some alien thing that went around killing men after having sex with them :shock:

Did it get better ? :-D
Cough cough--you mean Captain Jack in both instances?

(OK that's kind of rotten--I'll take back my words if BBC promises not to have Dr Who and Captain Jack go through a painful breakup).

Or worse, have Captain Jack turn against Martha as the "man-stealer". Conversations in which Jack and the Doctor struggle to discuss their feelings.

No, please, no. I don't want to watch Doctor Who in perpetual fast forward.

Doctor: Martha, sometimes you are just so damned effeminate. Why do I always have to do the driving? Why do I always have to be the strong one? It is so unfair! Why can't I be the one sometimes who just relaxes and feels safe??? With an iron bicep wrapped around my stomach and holding me firm???

Cap'n Jack: Sometimes Martha can be very intimidating and arrogant. Who died and made her boss????
Page 1 of 1

Login