Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby Tojo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:12 pm
I know what you mean Tojo, and its not because of our age :) :)
You sure about that?? :o :)

It could be the :beer: :cheers: :cheerz: :fart:

And Tojo, here ya go:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkqIHWAMSJ4 (in the first verse, for the radio version they replace the phrase "She only comes when she's on top" to "She only sings..." :-? )
I'll check out the link when I get home - it sounds interesting :o

As to the drink, you're probably right. :beer: :)
I actually meant Tojo - he's not old, like you
I'm not so young either at 42 :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:14 pm
I am not going to win this one me thinks ! There must be some truth in it after all ! :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Elvissmurf » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:28 pm
:shock: Shame on the boys,not knowing James...they came out of Manchester on the wave of the "Madchester" musical genre...which included the Stones roses,Happy Mondays,Inspiral carpets....who in-turn had followed New Order,The Smiths and the Fall....who all followed Joy Division (ok,ok so New Order spawned out of the remains of Joy division after Ian Curtis`s untimely demise)...which would all eventually lead to the rise and more lately fall of Oasis.

James were and still are a great band :D

Like Graham said (i think it was Graham anyway)..i have 2 older brothers and i was forced to listen to such bands as Genesis,Dire Straits,Level 42,Queen..by my eldest brother...and Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,Prince..by my middle bro`....so i inturn turned to the dark side....The Sisters of Mercy,Bauhaus,The Mission,Alien Sex Fiend...and of course New model army...yes,Elvis was a GOTH :)

Anyway....i`m getting off the point again..."Centrefold" by J.Geils band takes me way back..as it was the first 7" i bought..and "Come on Eileen" by Dexy`s midnight runners as i had this bought for me by one of my Brothers girlfriends for my 12th birthday...altogether now AWWWWW!!!
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:37 pm
I still love listening to Genesis now Elvis :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:12 pm
Come on Eileen is another song I used to love :D My boyfriend didn't buy it for me though...... :( He claimed it wasn't my name....and didn't believe me when I said it should have been...I was only named Maureen after a character in "gone with the wind"..

A coworker of mine went to DC over the weekend and saw Genesis in concert....she said it was great (well, yeah....it's Genesis lol)..and said Phil Collins was moving the whole time...the concert was for 2.5 hours without one break....Wish I had seen them :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:54 pm
I am not going to win this one me thinks ! There must be some truth in it after all ! :) :)
Ah now you get the point, G....althought Tojo may be older in his actual number age, you are just OLD, G :-D :-D
Just kidding cause you know what.....Luv ya!

And just 'cause I'm feeling especially mean and feisty today:

My boyfriend didn't buy it for me though :(
You had a WHAT, Naomi?!?!?!?!? When was this, hmmmmm?? :o :shock:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:50 am
I do not like like the words Maureen and Boyfriend in the same convo ! :angry:

Stace, guess what ?.........Luv ya too :winks:

Moey, Genesis can do 2 and an half hours no problem, cos they are a proper band, not like some of the crap we see today ! :D :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:24 am
Genesis are a cool band I would of love to of seen live....they were playing in the States when I was there and the thougth did cross my mind. However I did get to see Collective Soul, Live & Counting Crows which was pretty awesome I thought......it took me back to the 90s before smurfs.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:32 am
I never go to concerts now...for some reason hardly any bands or musicians come to this area (unless it's county music :???: )

We do have some great people come and perform in Chattanooga during the Riverbend, which is once a year for one week downtown..kinda like a street festival :D They have all kind of music there..three years ago Joe Cocker performed one night :D

Dyar sent me a link to the Banjo scene in "Deliverance" a few weeks ago and I had to laugh...I don't know anybody like that Banjo player...but other than that this scene could have happened around here..When we have a get together somebody usually has their banjo and guitar with them and breaks out into a song...I really don't like Bluegrass at all, but when you are there you just pick up the beat and it is fun. You just have to sing and clap along...Well, I don't sing along...to sing properly in bluegrass you have to sing out of your nose...and I have never managed to do that :-D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:56 am
Hi Smurfers

I love all types of music: pop/classical/jazz/new age-spiritual. Though, I hate hip hop, rap and country music.

Recently, I went to see Barbra Streisand twice at the O2 Arena, in London. She was fantastic!! :-D

Within the last couple of months, I have also seen the Sissor Sisters and Prince. Again, at the O2. Both concerts were awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I spent most of the time dancing!! :band: :dancing:

I adore classical music - my favourite radio station is Classic FM. :D

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:07 am
I also have some particular songs/music that takes me back, some to high school, others to a plane trip to Macau (in China), even 1 or 2 that reminds me of a good friend I meet at irc some years ago!

Unfortunatly, I'm way too incompetente when it comes to songs names and artists... :oops:

I'll just say that my fav songs are from the 60's to 80's period... still the only radio stations I love to hear. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:18 am
LOL!! :lol:

I have just had the ultimate memory flashback.

This morning the postie delivered the "The Smurf Song" sheet music which I won on Ebay a few days ago. I hadn't really thought about it but for some reason I assumed it would be the Smurf Theme Tune. When I opened the page and sung through the first few bars I was quite shocked to realise it was the Father Abraham song and suddenly I was singing as if it was 30 years ago!!

Altogether,

Where are you all coming from?
From Smurfland where we belong.
Are you talking just like us?
No, we smurf, it's much less fuss.
Do you do things that we don't dare?
We are real smurfs, so we don't care.
This is a song with a nice refrain.
Yes, we will say it once again.

La la la la la la la la la la_________
La la la la la la la la la la_________
La la la la la la la la la la la la la,

etc. etc.

:band:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:42 am
What have you done, Rachel? :yikes: :eek: :shock: :banghead: :o

I'll be singing that song all day long now :cheers:

How could I forget it....I loved it as a child...just simply loved it :) :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:20 am
How does it sound with an orchestra Rach? :)

I never owned the complete Father/Vader look at me with my long beard isn't it nice Abraham record when I was a little pooper. Thanks to Rae I have Smurfing Beer on my ipod but I may need to hear the rest of the album someday.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:58 pm
How does it sound with an orchestra Rach?
Oh I am sure we will be finding that out soon. I'll get started arranging this on Monday. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:08 am
You know I haven't heard that song since I was a kid. I used to have it on a cassette & sang along to it but the cassette got stolen out of my car & that was around 1984 :(

It would be great to orchestrate it Rachel :D

lala lalalalalala lala......

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:18 am
One of the earliest moments in my life was when the videoclip "Take on me" by A-ha was played on a German music show called "Formel Eins". Still love that tune.

My musical alphabet of the 80's is:

A: A-ha, ABBA, Alan Parson's Project, The Art of Noise
B: Bananarama, Bangles, Bryan Adams, Bryan Ferry
C: Crowded House
D: Depeche Mode, Dire Straits, Duran Duran
E: Eurythmics, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Erasure
F: Foreigner
G: Genesis, George Michael
H: Herbert Grönemeyer, Human League
I: INXS, Icehouse
J: Joe Jackson, Jean-Michel Jarre
K: Kim Wilde
L: Lionel Richie
M: Michael Jackson, Men at Work, Madonna, Mike Oldfield
N: Nik Kershaw
O: OMD
P: The Police, Pink Floyd, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Paul Young, Prince
Q: Queen
R: The Rolling Stones, REM, Real Life, Roxy Music
S: The Style Council, Spandau Ballet, Sting, Sade
T: TOTO
U: U2
V:-
W: Wham
X: -
Y:-
Z:-

Oops, I forgot to add Madonna, Bryan Adams, Jean-Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield, Sade, Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music to the list. :sofagreen: :)

Postby Tojo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:52 am
Ahhh! The Art of Noise.... bobadobbobbob bobadobbobbob beat box :)

I loved their records. Propaganda were also one of my faves :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 am
I listened to a lot of the same music Dominique....I left out a lot that you included in your list too.....nice to see Real Life in there too

Dyar
Page 2 of 2

Login