Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:14 pm
I am not sure how to title this and I do hope it won't bring anybody down, but I also wanted to share this with my smurfy friends and ask you to keep this family in your prayers and thoughts, and maybe also take this as a reminder again how precious life is and how deadly drunk driving is

We hear the stories every day but until somebody is involved we know, we don't think much about it.
Well, last night it happened to me...and it hit me so badly for some reason that I cried when I read it and I still cry....

I had a young cousin multiple degrees removed, 14 years of age, who was raised by her aunt, as her father passed away when she was a wee bit of a babe and her mother didn't want her. Last year, going thru her rebel phase she decided to live with her mother and her half siblings. She was ready to come back to her aunt and uncle, but her uncle knew what it would do to his wife, so he said no...the mother was into drugs and alcohol and yesterday she drove in Chattanooga with my cousin (her daughter) and her other kids in the car...and everything points to alcohol, but she took the wrong turn and caused another car to drive into the passenger site, killing her infant child right away. Brooke (my 14 year old cousin) died in the hospital and a six year old is in critical condition. The mother is not injured but charges are pending
Brook's aunt who raised her, and who is a next door neighbor to Mum and Curt, is crushed and the community is in shock. Charges are pending against the mother of course....Just because somebody couldn't say no to alcohol and had to drive with the car full of her kids, a life just starting out is sniffed out...and a very promising young girl is only a memory and will never know how wonderful and beautiful adult life can be......
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm
Oh that is so sad. :( It's incredible how selfish a person can be even when it involves their own kids. People talk about addiction as an illness but, and I don't want to offend anyone here, it's an illness of choice. You don't have to start down the path of addiction in the first place.

I'm really sorry for your loss Moey. :hug: The world will never know how incredible those kids were. :ctree: (I couldn't find any flowers...)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:50 pm
That is very sad news Moey. I will do what you asked me to do in the email, but it's just so wrong that things like this has to happen to people who do not deserve it.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:51 pm
Scheisse!!!! :( :( :( Why can't people separate drinking with driving!!!!!!

I like a beer, or 6, but whenever I have to drive somewhere I stay sober. Drivers have to stay responsible!!!

This is all too sad & I just don't know what to say :( :( You must feel devastated Mo & as must the whole family. I'm thinking of you even though it probably won't be of any help in such a terrible situation :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:49 pm
:neutral: That is so sad. :-(
My simpaties :hug:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:44 am
There is no punishment the courts could hand down that would be bad enough for what this mother deserves. Unfortunatly if she chose drinking over her kids I doubt she really cares what she did, I hope she sobers up and realises what pain she coused and feels it herself 10 fold.

In my opinion there should be tougher laws on drunk drivers but the courts give them so many chances ... but that is a whole other rant I can go into and now is not the time

Hang in there Mo!!

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:07 am
Hi Maureen, I was so sad reading this story. What an absolute waste of such young lives. :hug: :rose:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:38 am
A really sad story!!!!I can´t understand it!!!!!!! :( :( :(

A big hug from Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 am
:angry:

Some people do not realise how lucky they are to have kids, this woman is pure evil in my eyes, sorry to be harsh Mo, but i only have feelings towards the innocent children ! Best wishes to you all at this very sad time ! :hug:

:-D :beer:

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:02 pm
That's very sad :(

Drunk drivers never get hurt, it's always their passengers or the people in the other car ! :x
It's never nice to hear about car accidents/ deaths...but it's always worse when kids are involved :(

Very sorry for your loss Maureen. :cry:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:36 pm
Yeah I have no idea how people can drink-drive......especially with young kids in the car. It's just so so so wrong that this had to happen and the mother does not deserve to live after what she has done to the poor innocent children that were relying on her to protect them.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 pm
Some people do not realise how lucky they are to have kids, this woman is pure evil in my eyes, sorry to be harsh Mo, but i only have feelings towards the innocent children
I totally agree with you on that one, Beers

thank you everybody for your words... It is very tough on the family..Tomorrow is the funeral and believe it or not, the mother went to the funeral home today (which caused quite a stirr as there are a lot of angry feelings against her right now). We still don't know if the third child (6 year old girl) will live. People in the South are hard to understand sometimes,...but when you hurt a child...you are pretty much done with...Southeners have long memories...heck..they still hold grudges against the Northeners because of the Civil War that ended 150 years ago

Thank you again everybody for your responses...I wasn't too sure about posting it here as it is a downer, but it was really good reading your responses and that you care :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby FlamingO » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:50 am
A real tragedy and a very sad story to read :sad:

My thoughts are with your Maureen and all the family :hug:

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:42 am
Some people do not realise how lucky they are to have kids, this woman is pure evil in my eyes, sorry to be harsh Mo, but i only have feelings towards the innocent children !
I totally agree with you on this one as well, Beers! I have no time for people who hurt innocent children either. And, I especially have no time for drink drivers - this is 'murder' in my eyes - that woman knew she was over the limit but still drove that car with children that were in her care. :angry:
Yeah I have no idea how people can drink-drive......especially with young kids in the car. It's just so so so wrong that this had to happen and the mother does not deserve to live after what she has done to the poor innocent children that were relying on her to protect them.
You said it, Dyar!
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 am
Well if the mother really does go to the funeral it woulnd't be too hard to push her into the hole and burry her too :angry: :angry: the nerve or some people :x :x

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:26 am
Sounds like a plan Gerda ! :D

I feel for the family left behind after this tragedy :angry:

:-D :beer:

Postby smurfer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 am
I'm sorry to read this sad story Moey ! :(
My thoughts and simpaties for you and the family !! :hug: :rose:
Page 1 of 1

Login