Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurfieduck » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:41 am
Hi Smurfers

I was just wondering what other forum members think about the subject of 'out-bidding a fellow forum member on Ebay'.......Have you done it knowingly?......Do you do it and think it's perfectly ok to do so?.....Or, do you think there is an unwritten rule that we don't step on other forum members toes?

The reason I ask is I have just had it done to me! :( Though, I have the feeling the person who out-bid me (on 4 different auctions) isn't aware that it was me. :-? Anyhow, I don't think it's right to name, names! So, I prefer not to go into details.

I would really appreciate your views on this.

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby naish510 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:02 am
Hi, i think that some members don't know the nickmanes on ebay.
I don't know your nickmane either. And my opinion is that if you want the item you can bid. :-?

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:08 am
I don't think I'd knowingly bid, but I don't know everybody's ebay id. Depends how badly I wanted the item I suppose! 8-)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:10 am
I don't like it...but it has happened before that fellow members outbid me..and I have done it before...both knowingly and unknowingly

I have done it unknowlingly to Stace before...I knew her ID but didn't pay attention and felt bad once I realized it... I did get fin'd for it and have since learned my lesson :eek:

Gerda and I used to outbid each other constantly before we realized who the other bidder is...I have to admit though, I outbidded her the other day..because I really really wanted the auction :no:...and yes, she e-mailed me about it right away :) :)

As a rule I try not to outbid fellow members if I know their ID...however (and this is a big however)...if they outbidded me several times themselves..well..then I outbid them, too if I really like the auction..
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Elvissmurf » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 am
I don`t like to outbid other forum members personally,i always wait for someone else to outbid them first,then it`s fair game,i think.

I know some of you have outbid and outbattled one another on my auctions....but thats the joy of private identity auctions :daz:

I guess it`s a question of what the item is and how often similar items appear.
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Pitufo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:16 am
Hi!!!Interesting thread...Well, the truth is that I have been outbidded by forum´s members, but I have outbid others too...I usually bid last few seconds, so I have seen that a friend has outbidded to me unknowingly or even that I have outbidded a friend who bidded two seconds before than me

If a member of this forum put a bid hours or days before, and I am really interested in getting that smurf, it depends who the member is...If he/she is a friend I usually ask him/her, o say him/her: /today you, but tomorrow is my tur, but if it isn´t, I BID!!!!!!

This is my opinion!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby FlamingO » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:04 am
Personally, I have no problem with it at all :-?

I have occassionally outbid people here, but far more often I have been outbid by forum members. It is all good, we all like and collect smurfs :smurf1:
I have a lot of regular access to a computer, maybe I can get all my bids in early and then where would that leave everyone else if they were to not bid against me :-?

However, if I know or think a forum member is after something in particular, or maybe something they have been looking out for a long time, and an auction comes up for that item then I would definately keep well away :-D

Postby Gerda » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:56 am
I

Gerda and I used to outbid each other constantly before we realized who the other bidder is...I have to admit though, I outbidded her the other day..because I really really wanted the auction :no:...and yes, she e-mailed me about it right away :) :)

Yup, and then it got really ugly :argue: :-x :-x :stars:

Just kidding of course. :)
As a rule I try not to outbid someone if I know them unless I really really want the item then it's all fair play,
If you think this person is targeting you then maybe you can pm them and ask them, More than likely they don't know your ebay id and they just have the same taste in auctions as you do

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Margaret » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:08 pm
Most of the time I do not look who is bidding on an item . I usually look at the end of an auction when I am out bidders and it is pretty funny because it is usually the same person who out bids me I guess we are always looking for the same thing . :-?

That is probity what is happening to you smurfieduck . :-?

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:00 pm
That is probity what is happening to you smurfieduck :-?
Oh yes, Margaret, I know it is as I never thought for one minute that it was personal.

My stance on this matter: I wouldn't knowingly out-bid a fellow forum member. Though, if it was a smurfy item that I really, really want, then I would probably PM the member to discuss the situation.

Do you think it would be a good idea to let other forum members what our Ebay IDs are?

Mine are: 'smurfuniverse' - where I just buy smurfs (and the odd non- smurfy item)
'catzden' - where I do most of my selling, and I also buy items (including smurfs occasionally).

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:00 pm
Hi Duckie, interesting question. :-D

Personally I think Ebay is fair game. As a self confesed "sniper" I would say that you never know who is going to come in last minute so to avoid an auction because you know the person who has the highest bid can always backfire a little.

Having said that, what I don't like doing is pushing the price up for a smurfy friend for the sake of it so when I do lose an auction against a friend, I do feel bad, not for myself but for pushing the price up. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login