Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Hi, everyone!!!!I have been cahtting today with afriend about some spanish writers, and we didn´t agree about which one of them were wellknown abroad, or were translated to different languages...So here is my question:

Which spanish writers (died or not) do you know???? Which spanish writers have you read?????Any titles????Any favourites????

THANKS!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 pm
Hi Joaquin,
I am afraid "Don Quixote" by Miguel de Cervantes is the only novel I have ever read that was written by a Spanish writer. I think I read it when I went to school back in Germany :-?

I have read a bit about Spanish history, especially in regards to British history as British history used to be my passion (and still is to some degree)

Are there any novels you can suggest we should read (preferably if they were translated into English or German :) as I am having a problem with my Spanish :???: )
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:08 pm
The only two I can think of are Laura Esquivel (Like Water for Chocolate) and Alejandro Amenábar (Abre los ojos). :tea:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:53 am
@Maureen: Don Quixote is one of the greatest book of the history of literature...A reccomended writer????Well, if you like history, I think an excellent decission would be top read Benito Pérez Galdós.He is one of the best writer of XIX century...His biggest work is "Episodios Nacionales", a complet thread of 51 short novels where he describes the history of Spain from Trafalgar battle to aprox 1910...This is the book I am reading now: more than 8000 pages!!!!!!It is a mix of history and novel, where real and irreal characters are together...And Gabriel García Márquez (not spanish but colombian) is absolutely indispensabel to be read: "One hundred years of solitude" is the book of my life...I read it once, twice, again and again!!!!!!!

@Staci: I have not read any book of Laura Esquivel...She is mexican!!!
And Alejandro Amenábar and his "Abre los Ojos" is a wonder!!!!!!one of the best directors of cinema...HE won an oscar for this film!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:34 am
Must admit I'm not much or a reader... if you had asked about portuguese writers I would have answered: :-?

Besides Cervantes the only other spanish writer that comes to mind is Miguelanxo Prado.... love his stories :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:20 am
\@Staci: I have not read any book of Laura Esquivel...She is mexican!!!
Darn, then I don't know any spanish writers - I knew it was in spanish though ;)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Lia » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:36 am
Of course, Carlos Ruiz Zafon!
Page 1 of 1

Login