Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:39 pm
Hi I just took Max outside to potty. I had to get a jacket to go out with him. I used to be still in the high 90's this time of year. I thought we were suposed to be having Global warming no cooling.. It is probibly in the low 60's or even the 50's Crazy weather.

Postby Gerda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:02 pm
We went from mid 90's on one day to low 70's the next. I like the fact I don't have to have the airconditioner on but now today i'm thinking we need the heat on (low 60's) I agree CRAZY

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 pm
We have had to cut our grass every week all summer long. Usually by late June it goes to once every two weeks then in late July maybe once a month. My neighbor cuts grass on the side and they are having trouble keeping up. Plus all his customers are mad because he has to cut it so much. Not his fault though. Fourth of July it was 79 for a high that day. It usually is around `100 at that time of year. I know al lot of you don't use Fahernheit but I don't know how to convert it. Lets just say 100 is hot. Bill :) :) :)

Postby Gerda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:07 pm
. Lets just say 100 is hot. Bill :) :) :)
yup, very HOT
we luckily never got that hot this year
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:55 pm
We had it a few times this year (over 100 Fahrenheit, which is I think over 40 in Celsius) but it felt good this year. We usually have unbearable humid temps in July and August, but this year was great....we had a few humid days in between, but mostly it was very dry, and felt wonderful...or maybe I am used to those temperatures now? :-?

Anyway, I thought this year the temperatures were perfect..and we didn't even have a lot of bugs (except for fire ants :banghead: ), but they were probably eaten by the huge spiders :scared:

Right now, it's the perfect fall weather. I turn the A/C off at night and turn it on during mid morning. And I finally get to enjoy and sit on my back porch in the evening, which I wasn't able to do in the years before, because the weather went from unbearable hot to unbearable cold all in one hour :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Chris McBrien » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 pm
It's also been very hot here...it's Sept. but I could swear it's August!
I know this is going to sound extremely picky, but I've actually been making sure my smurf cases are covered to keep the light and heat off them as much as possible when I can! I always think about my cousin Amy and how she left her Cabbage Patch doll in their car when we were little kids...we came back after an hour and the head was literally a flat puddle of flesh colored plastic...all that remained were two little eyes looking up!
:shock:
Vewwwwy Scawwwy! :)
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Gerda » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 am
I always think about my cousin Amy and how she left her Cabbage Patch doll in their car when we were little kids...we came back after an hour and the head was literally a flat puddle of flesh colored plastic...all that remained were two little eyes looking up!
:shock:
Vewwwwy Scawwwy! :)
:omg: that is hot and scary :scared:
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:02 pm
I guess pretty much everybody in the States (and probably in Europe, too) heard of the latest Hurricane that ravaged Texas (or still does). Our weather is perfect today as we are far away from Texas, but even we feel the effects of it.
On Thursday, our newscasters announced that because of the Hurricane, gas pipelines in Texas are being shut down (or something like that), and that the gas prices will rise by over $1.00/gallon overnight. The same evening, my mother tried to fill up her tank but gave up after waiting at the gas station for 25 minutes. :eek:

The gas prices indeed increased dramatically (I have no idea how bad the Hurricane really is other than that Petee literally freaked out last night and kept me wake :banghead: ), however, it is like a ghost town around me today. You hardly hear any cars or motorcycles driving around which is very unusual for a beautiful Saturday afternoon in September.

I was just thinking how crazy it is that what happens in Texas will even have effect to us in Tennessee :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:59 pm
It is raining here in Missouri I don't know if it has anything to do with the hurricane or not but it has been raining off and on lightly all day. Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login