Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:04 am
Hi,

apart from smurfing, I would consider myself a music junkie, since I collect biographies of bands and musicians, rare records, cds, video-cds etc. as well as promo items. I also collect anything from Alicia Keys, Anastacia, Jean-Michel Jarre and Lara Fabian. I also collect coins and bags. :D If I had more space, I fancy looking after old lego boxes from the 1980's as well. :D

Postby Chris McBrien » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:12 pm
hiking and outdoor sports with family, and painting/drawing/cartooning (artsy stuff!). I"m currently working on a cartoony beach scene mural for one of my church's classrooms. Painting is so peaceful! :D
Oh, yes, and I collect sea-shells! Take me to the ocean and drop me off, I'm very content to hunt for shells all day! :-D
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:09 pm
I collect way too much stuff... or did, currently try to cut down on it...

Model planes, mostly USA and Japanese ones from WWII. Wish to have them all, assemble and paint them... 1:72 scale mostly - then I "dibble" into vehicles, tanks, and other fun models I may like to own and/assemble.

Playmobil, mostly knights theme, but I love all of it really (I try not to go overboard as it's expensive. :)

Recently got into Lego, mostly cause my BF when Lego crazy after I gave him a set 2 years ago... my fault... 8)

I'm a comic fanatic. Used to collect _every_ single Marvel title that was issued in Portugal, currently have restringed to only a few US Marvel titles (spiderman and wolverine). Used to buy (along with my brother) just about any french/belgian/spanish comic that got released in Portugal (just love european comics!)... my brother still buys the Portuguese ones, that I read when I'm there on vacation. :-D I currently try and buy danish releases, mostly of titles that never been released in Portugal...

Is playing computer game and online chatting considered an hobby? if so, I'm guilty of that too. :lol:

Collect some TV series...

But I guess my main collection at the time is smurfs.... :cheers:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Schildkoete » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:53 am
Hi :cheers:

I don't really collect other things but my soon does,
and so I have to finance this. He is collecting turtles :D
in every format, size and material.

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle:
:turtle: Ingo :D

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 am
Oh Ingo! You should have taken him to Veronique's house! She has turtles on the walls and they're huge!! :-D Maybe next time. :D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 am
I guess like most everyone else here I'm a collector through and through, when I'm not chasing smurfs I am into music and movies with nearly a teribyte of movies, TV shows, music videos and mp3s on my media centres (I used to have 300+DVDs and over 600CDs but storage was an issue), I go out dancing most months and have the chess collection

http://www.theweekinblue.com/insurance/chess.html

My new themed stamp and coin collection (just starting)

http://www.theweekinblue.com/stamps_coins/main.html

and of course Asterix, Wallace and Gromit, Toy Story figurines etc

http://www.theweekinblue.com/insurance/

I have just been updating and fixing up some of my websites...

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 am
Awesome collections Daryl! :-D

Your 3rd link isn't working though. :-?

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:55 pm
Ooops.. there just fixed it...
:o tested
and good :-D

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm
Yep! It's working now! :-D I particularly love the Snoopy tour of the world stuff. It would be great to see that with smurfs. :) :) I used to have a bendy Pink Panther but he came to a violent end - he was "whippet-ed"! :shock: :(

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 am
Thanks, I tried getting in to snoopy some years back when my smurf collecting came to a stand still, but they just aren't the same as smurfs and I found it hard to get the passion for them as I had for smurfs. I obtained a reasonable selection of different types of figurines, but keep coming back to smurfs as my main collection. Funny that!! :D

Stamps and coins are a little more open ended and be as much or as little as I like, I am starting small and selective and hope to add more themes later as I get into my stride. 8)

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 am
apart from smurfing, I would consider myself a music junkie
Me too Dominique :D

I sold part of my collection to the National Library of Australia at the end of last year for a nice sum, and then a few bits and pieces on ebay.....but after a while I couldn't sell off anymore or any of the special items I have left because I knew I would never get them back again. It takes up an entire room still with posters, books, backstage passes, photographs, slides, magazines, media releases and all types of crap that I have accumulated since I was about 8.

I still have thousands and thousands of cds, records & even :eek: cassettes as well as a lot of DVDs and videos of music stuff. The National Library wanted to buy more of my collection including my videos due to the good state and rare footgae I have, but I like those too much still...even if I never get to watch them much these days. I will probably never sell off the music audio & video side of the collection but I don't mind hanging onto them for life.

These days I make a lot of my own recordings from well known artists (for private use only) from the videos and miscellaneous recordings (some never released or aired) that I have in my collection. They do turn out pretty good in the end with some needing a little bit of fixing up here and there. That's probably another hobby of mine is actually recording, editing and producing the music files I put together. In the end I am hoping to preserve the recordings I have so they won't be totally lost in time. Maybe some of them could be released officially in the future if a record company starts seeking something new from the past. It would seem a shame if some people never got to hear some of the things I have as I have some really cool recordings and versions that I know would be sought after by certains fans out there. At the moment I just want to preserve as much as I can for future generations and for my own enjoyment.

That's enough waffle I think :o

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:33 pm
That's good waffle though Dyar :-D

I think it's great that you've so many recordings & that you're preserving them for the future.

Just think what would have happened if somebody had thrown away all of the old recordings by blues artists recorded back in the 1920's & 1930's. All of that incredible music would have been lost forever. That's just one example of course.

Music by some artists should maybe have been lost on purpose though :o :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pickle Smurf » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 pm
I started collecting sheep last year (not live ones), you don't seem to get much sheepy stuff in the UK round where I live and I went to Sardinia on holiday in April and found lots and lots of sheepy stuff, not sure why the Sardinians are so into sheep but I wasn't complaining!

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 am
Daryl's the one to talk to about sheep! :sheep: :lol:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm
Oh didn't I post a link to my sheep website www_thesheepinblue_com (Have to be careful I don't post a link to a real site named that!!!) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:09 pm
:) :) :) :sheep: :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 2 of 2

Login