Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby André » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 am
Hi everbody,

I bought a item on ebay a few days ago.

First I was overbid and then this bid was cancelled and I was highest bidder again. And I got the item. So I checked this bidder who cancelled the bid.
This person has only been placing bids on the same seller (verkäufer 1)and never won. If this person got the highest bid it was always cancelled. 65 bids on the same sellers auktions and never won something. The excuses for the cancelling has been stress and that the son in the family was placing bids without permission.

Am I right regarding this? Look below. Or do I read it wrong?

What should I do with this item I won??
I have emailed the seller and want an expanation. Haven´t got any answer yet.

My advice to you buyers. Only place bids the last minute if possible. This time I couldn´t do that. :(

Never buy a item from the seller if he tells you he has got one more for sale when you was overbid. Could be the seller who has placed bids to get a higher price and then says he has the same item for sale for the price of your last bid. Actually this could be the same item you just lost.

1***l( 0 ) Gestrichen: EUR 6,00
Erklärung: Stress Geboten: 24.03.09 09:04:10 MEZ
Gestrichen: 24.03.09 09:07:20 MEZ

1***l( 0 ) Gestrichen: EUR 31,50
Erklärung: Stress Geboten: 23.03.09 23:44:48 MEZ
Gestrichen: 24.03.09 11:04:21 MEZ

1***l( 0 ) Gestrichen: EUR 94,00
Erklärung: sohn hat geboten ohne zu fragen Geboten: 30.03.09 00:18:53 MESZ
Gestrichen: 30.03.09 00:20:08 MESZ

1***l( 0 ) Gestrichen: EUR 94,00
Erklärung: sohn hat geboten ohne zu fragen Geboten: 30.03.09 00:20:14 MESZ
Gestrichen: 30.03.09 00:21:56 MESZ

Sport > 1. Bundesliga 1 Verkäufer 1 <1Std
Spielzeug > Sonstige 2 Verkäufer 1 <1Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Pokèmon 3 Verkäufer 1 7Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Figuren & Merchandising 1 Verkäufer 1 14Std
Modellbau > Autos 1 Verkäufer 1 17Std
Kleidung & Accessoires > Herrenschuhe 3 Verkäufer 1 1T 7Std
Kleidung & Accessoires > Jacken & Mäntel 1 Verkäufer 1 14Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Ab 1945 1 Verkäufer 1 2Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Ab 1945 1 Verkäufer 1 6Std
Modellbau > Hot Wheels 5 Verkäufer 1 19Std
Kleidung & Accessoires > Damentaschen 4 Verkäufer 1 2T 1Std
Tierwelt > Schlafplätze 2 Verkäufer 1 13Std
Modellbau > Segelflugzeuge 8 Verkäufer 1 2T 5Std
Sport > Formel 1 1 Verkäufer 1 1Std
Kleidung & Accessoires > Jacken 1 Verkäufer 1 4T 2Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Pokémon 4 Verkäufer 1 22Std
Kleidung & Accessoires > Herrenschuhe 2 Verkäufer 1 21Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Ab 1945 5 Verkäufer 1 3T 21Std
Tierwelt > Komplett-Aquarien 7 Verkäufer 1 2Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Ab 1945 1 Verkäufer 1 1T 15Std
Kleidung & Accessoires > Damenschuhe 1 Verkäufer 1 1T 17Std
Bücher > Hörbücher & Hörspiele 2 Verkäufer 1 <1Std
Sammeln & Seltenes > Pokèmon 5 Verkäufer 1 11Std
PC- & Videospiele > PC-Spiele 1 Verkäufer 1 4T 20Std
Sport > 1. Bundesliga 2 Verkäufer 1 <1Std

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 am
Sounds like shill bidding to me, Andre

Did you have to pay more because of this "buyer" or did he only bid once which he then retracted? If so, you didn't really lose, however it is a good idea to stay away from this seller
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:30 am
I agree Maureen,

but this time I had to pay 20 euro more if I compare with the next highest bidder. If this person haden´t placed any bids( doesn´t seems to be wanting to buy anything from ebay anyway) I would have got it 20 euro cheaper. Well maybe other buyers would had placed bids if it wasn´t at my maximumbid already. So maybe 10 euro???? :-?

/André

Postby André » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 am
Well Maureen,

let´s hope it is worth these extra 10 euros. :D

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:05 am
Me, too :D

I think you should report the seller to ebay. It might not help but then again, it might and at least you feel like you did something.

I just read your first post again and it is clearly shill bidding :angry:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 am
I agree...definitely report the seller and the shillbidder to ebay so they can investigate. Knowing ebay though, they will do nothing but at least it's on record in case other people decide to report the same thing. Good luck.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby André » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 pm
I also don´t think ebay will do anything.

This is a seller who only have sold 33 items and I guess is pretty new on ebay. This seller could actually think it was OK to do this. Because it is a stupid and obvious way to do it.

33 auktions. The shillbidder have placed bid on 25 of these and never won. All the times he was the highest bidder he cancelled the bid. And the shillbidder has only placed bids on the same seller all the time. The items on the auktions includes a lot of different things so it would be unlikely that the bidder would have been intrested in all these various things.

I think I have made clear to her that it is not OK to do things like this and that it is possible to spot. So maybe the seller won´t do it in the future.

Let´s hope the bag with smurftoys contains some nice surprice instead. I can say I have high expectations after this so it can only get better. :-D

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:01 pm
I can't wait for pictures :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Pitufo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:18 pm
There are so many things at ebay we don´t like!!!!!!!But the probelm is the way to solve it...

For example, the new way of appearing the bidders with **** is an easy way for shillbidders to earn more money
JOAQUÍN

Postby André » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:22 pm
I agree Joaquin.

It should be possible to see the bidders.

But I don´t like when they cancel bids like this just to get to the maximum bid. If they couldn´t do that they would buy their own items more often and would be more careful with this behavior I guess.
The only way to stop the cancelling part is to place late bids. I guess it is not that easy to cancel bids after the auktion ended.

I also know "famous" sellers who has 3-4 different memberships.

And it can´t be a coincidence that these sellers auktions always seems to be sold for very high prices all the time, compared with similair items sold.

It also can´t be that difficult for sellers to "help" eachother and place bids on their friends auktions aswell, just to get higher prices.

But as said before I don´t think there is much to do. Just to stay away from the sellers you don´t like and support the ones you like instead. :D

/André
Page 1 of 1

Login