Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:09 pm
Hi all; Moey showed us a tour of her neck of the woods. I would show you mine but all it would be is my work and my house and a few drunks walking around beging for money. So I thought I would show the place I love the most. My bosses house and land I could live without the house part. It is Ok but nothing fancy. The land just takes my breath away. I sit on the deck sometimes all day long looking at nothing but trees. I can do this with old buildings also I love them too. The first pic is of a set of pic's are a sink hole. For those of you who don't know what a sink hole is. The hole you see used to be a hill with a cavern under it. At some point the cavern collapsed and so did the ground about it. This may have taken thousands of years for all this to happen. I have offten wondered if there was a cavern below my bosses house or driveway. The cave in the pic is called Boone cave and at some point it was a hide out to Jessie James.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 pm
The first pic is looking out straight accross the sink hole I would guess it is 500 yards or 450 meters accross. and about 800 feet long and 100 feet deep. The actual cave called Boone cave is about a half mile from here. The cave below is a back entrance. Because this cave was a Jessie James hide out I offten wonder if there is money somewhere in these woods. I am quite a ways from the main entrance but there is three back entrances to the cave on my bosses property. One is a sink hole, one is a bluff that the water runs under the other is just where the water drains from my bosses property to a small opening.
P.S. The light area you can see in the pic is some land that has collapsed from the other side of the sink hole. looks quite large to me.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:52 pm
This third pic is looking off to the left of the sink hole the cave is in the pic to the right. The second pic is looking straight down from the driveway to the bottom of the sink hole.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 pm
The next pic is looking straight off the very back of the deck. It is a long way down I might have been zooming in on this pic. This second pic is looking off the new part of the deck to the bottom its maybe 20 feet. The third pic is looking off the very back of the deck to the right. pic 4 is also looking to the right but more down.
ImageImage
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 pm
This first pic is looking at my bosses house you can see the hot tub and how big the deck is. The second pic is looking from the garage to the end of the deck I think it has 7 trees sticking out of it. The third pic is looking tword the hot tub. You can see that he went around this tree. pic 4 is the newest part of the deck he built it late last year and this year.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 pm
This is a pic of the hot tub. I have been in it a few times when it was cold. and a couple when it was really hot. It is not as hot here as it is in town. but still gets hot. The second pic is from the very back of the deck to the house. I could live in the house but I could live in a mobile home or a shack as long as I was here.
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:42 am
Nice pics Bill. :-D That deck is huge!

Postby bwalters » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 am
Hi Hilary; Yes it is one of the largest decks I have ever seen. And while my boss and his wife don't make much more money than I do. The bought this place around 30 years ago. I think they might have refinaced it at some point. They don't live like kings and Queens they enjoy a nice lifesyle. When I am there I am not worried about what I do. Its how they live too. The only problem I have when there is what to eat. I can never find anything to eat. They may have a whole cow in the firidge but its packaged for several people. So I generaly eat in town then go there.
Mr Bill

Postby André » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:13 am
very nice pictures Bill.

It must be a great place for barbeque and drinking cold beers, right? :beer:

/André

Postby bwalters » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:24 am
Hi Andr'e Yes it is a great place to barbeque and drink beers. I don't barbeque much though because all their meat is packaged for more than one person. I don't invite people to come out to their house. So I just drink the beers . :cheers:
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login