Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:20 am
I just wanted to wish a very lovely Koninginnedag (that means Queen's Day in English) to our Dutch friends. Wishing I was here to party with you.

P.S. I just read that there was a car accident and that two persons are presumably dead. :shock: :???: :( :(
Here are the news.

Postby hfos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 am
Hi Dominique, it was probably not an accident :angry: . Lots of parties across the country are being suspended...

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 am
OMG Robin!!! That sounds horrible!!! :angry: :(

Postby Tojo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:41 pm
I heard something about this on the news but it still wasn't clear what had happened........ This is absolutely terrible :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pitufo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:14 pm
:hug: for all our dutch members...A day of fun and happiness becomes a sad day...Really sorry
JOAQUÍN

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Fri May 01, 2009 4:06 am
It was a deliberate action of a disturbed guy.
Dutch news tells that the guy was just fired from his job, had to leave his house because could not pay for it anymore and was a divorced father, not allowed to see his kids.

All very bad for the guy indeed, but never be a reason to go to this extreem action.
Some say it is revenge, other a "suicide by cop" kind of action.

This item: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europ ... pstoryview shows some of it.
There is an even more horrific video on youtube, but I will not post that here.
The car crashed into the low metal railing around a column on the side of the road. The vehicle appeared heavily damaged even before the crash, but the reason for that was unclear.
DUH dear journalist. Get your info straight. The car had at that moment already crashed through the fences and the crowd, killing five and damaging the car.

The Queen celebrates her birthday on what is actually her mom's, the late Queen's mother birthday as in remembrance of her, and because it is simply warmer end of april than on january 31th.

We were in Amsterdam, visiting the fleemarket, and we heard from friend by phone. It is strange to realise that many people on the street had no clue what happened in Apeldoorn at that same moment...
Ron & Aly

Postby SmurfingH » Fri May 01, 2009 4:43 am
That is a really sad story. :( Sad for the victims, not the man driving! :x

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 01, 2009 4:53 am
My condolences go out to the Dutch people as well.

I am sad for everybody, even the driver and the tragic events in his life. It doesn't excuse his actions one bit...but it's sad anyway.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login