Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby André » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:54 pm
I just watched the semifinal between Sweden and England in the "under 21"-european championship. It was one of the most exciting matches this year. :-D

England had 3-0 after the first half but when you least expected it Sweden started scoring. Sweden made 3 goals and had one in the crossbar in the end. No goals in overtime so it had to be settled by penelties. The teams scored 4 each of the first 5 penelties before it was over. England scored a 5th goal and the swedish player hit the post. :banghead: :)

But it was very entertaining and now we have to see if they will meet Italy or Germany in the final.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 pm
:) :)

It took me a minute to realize you are talking football/soccer :) :)

Sounds like a very exciting match :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:41 am
Sorry Maureen, :)

I forgot to meantion that.

/André

Postby paolo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:12 am
I didn't watch the game (I was coming back home from Rome), but I saw the second semifinal where unfortunately Germany defeated Italy :x

Postby FlamingO » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 pm
it was a gd game and nice that england manage to win a penalty shoot-out :) i hear they had practised like mad and good job cause their penalty record is not the best :-?

I am sorry that sweden are out and i do not know so much about swedish football, (except go Larsson :twirl:) but most the u21 england players all play for top premier sides and if they don't walk this tournament then there are questions????? :o

Postby André » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm
Yes I would have been surprised if England didn´t beat Sweden. But Sweden actually has a pretty good statistic against England lately and have lost against Sweden on penalty shoot-outs before.

But as said before England has many great talented young players so it was no surprise.

Larsson is not that "hot" anymore but now we have Zlatan Ibrahimovics instead. :-D But he is to old for this tournament. :)

/André
Page 1 of 1

Login