Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby southernyacht » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 pm
Hi everyone,

I had an embarassing moment today on the way home from work - so I'd thought I'd share it with you all.........

I sometimes have to work in London and was on the train home. Imagine the scene, busy commuters, lots of serious people in suits, train fully packed with people standing.... and then the sound of the smurf song drifts over the carriage. Guess who'd forgotten they had it as their ring tone & had their phone on full volume hidden away at the bottom of their bag. By the time I retrieved it my face was so red :oops:

Well, if nothing else, maybe I reminded a few people of their childhood :lol:

Which then made me wonder - what ring tones do other people have on their phones - and what it say about you? :) :)

Cathy
X :cat:

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Hello Cathy !

Thanks for sharing that with us :) :)

I have 3 ringtones that i use, i have Disney's Under The Sea, from The Little Mermaid, Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl, and my football one, which is the tune to The Great Escape !

Your story was great tho, i can imagine your face with all those commuter's looking at you ! :) :)

They would never understand the true meaning of smurfs :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:20 pm
I don't own a mobile phone these days and haven't for years. I was the first person I knew to have one in the early 90s but by the end of the 90s I didn't want to be contacted wherever I was and decided to get rid of mine......now if I want to be left alone then I can.

Good on you Cathy......let it ring with pride.....although I can understand how you must of felt :)

Dyar

PS - I thought Graham would of had "Eye of the Tutu" on his phone......or did he just forget to mention it? :o ....ow :(

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:21 pm
Mine just plays some Nokia tune..Blue Ice I think. I set it to play Jingle Bell Rock at Christmas and around July I begin to think hmmmm maybe its time I changed it back. I did have it playing Waltzing Matilda for a while too at one stage. The trouble is whenever I change it I forget about it and never answer it cos I think its someone else's phone ringing not mine.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:50 pm

PS - I thought Graham would of had "Eye of the Tutu" on his phone......or did he just forget to mention it? :o ....ow :(
:) :) I never thought of that Dyar ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Yonna » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:02 am
On my personal phone I have smurfs theme (of course!!). On my workphone I have MacGyver theme. :smitten:

I do also have other tones on my phones like the Eurovision winner from couple of years back (Diki tantsi), Resurection and a few Finnish tv themes and commercial musics, but those are not in use right now.
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby steveparkes » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:03 am
LOL - I can imagine that Cathy..I am in London all the time and people there look at you like you're a freak if you buy a smurf (well they do in forbidden planet).

I've got Franz Ferdinand on my phone at the minute as my phone isn't very good at downloading tunes...and last time I did that I ended up on some text scam and it cost me 300pounds.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:17 am
I have the smurfs on my phone as well, Rachel gave me the ringtone from her phone on the way to Passion in 2005.

I'd have just thought you were cool Cathy if I heard that ringing out, there could have been other closet smurf collectors on the train as well you know! :-D

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:53 am
That's right: Imagine if poeple were then all talking about Smurfs on the train and started swapping Smurfs!!! That would be cool! I'd start taking the train just for that!!!!

You never know Cathy: You might have started the new trend for ringtones in London! :cool: :cool: :cool:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got really embarrassed a couple of days ago: Somehow, someone told my top boss about the Smurf rocket experiment... and he downloaded the video... I didn't know where to hide...

The funny thing is, he was more concerned that we get the rocket right next time and gave a few web links to check out... he has now asked me (twice) if I bought a rocket yet... we also talked about Jetex engines (anyone remembers these? they sound realy cool!)

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Brainy's Babe » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:07 pm
I have the Lord of the Ring on my phone. It's great because it's excellent in quality and it makes perfect sense that I would have it. People at college or in the dental lab always listen to ringtones so that they can make fun of them but no one can think of a way to take the mick out of mine :) :) :)

I also have Jeff Wayne's War of the World but someone called me after midnight once and being woken by "The coming of the Martians"is scary!!! I had to change it :) :) :)
I'm not sickly - I'm Brainy!

You ain't seen nothing 'till you've seen SMURFETTE.

Postby Cool Smurf » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:52 pm
I wish that I had the Smurfs on my phone. I think that would be cool! 8)
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby Evensar » Wed May 03, 2006 12:36 am
I got bird sound on my cellphone, wich is a bit confusing when you are outside :)

But after a while when u cant find the birdies in the trees you notice that it is the ugly annoying bird in your pocket.
Page 1 of 1

Login