Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 3

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:25 am
I used to collect plastic bags...so don't feel to weird, Joaquin :cool:
Oh Moey! Where were you when we needed to rehome my Grandma's collection of plastic bags? She had them from all over the world. I did put them on ebay but the ebay bods thought someone had hacked into my account as a hoax and froze it. :banghead: In the end we had to recycle them. :( I think she had about 2000! :shock:

Grandma's still going strong at 91 but she's losing her sight and wanted to rehome them. :D She went up in a hot air balloon for the first time for her 80th! I'm ever so proud of my Grandma! :-D

Postby paolo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 am
When I had more free time, I used to collect jigsaw puzzles with Van Gogh paintings. Now I have fifteen different hung on the walls and more still in the boxes since I have no time to make them.
I also collect a monthly Disney publication from Italy and I too have some soccer and volleyball jerseys. The most important ones I have are one that belonged to Roberto Baggio at the 1994 World Cup in the USA (and it is also signed by him on the number 10 on the back), some from Juventus and one from a very popular volleyball player called Andrea Lucchetta.

Postby Max » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:02 pm
I love items like this one, just bought :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:26 pm
I collect pigs (only cute ones) and Cows On Parade
Oh, I would just love to see those, Stace! I like pigs and cows!! In fact, piggies have an undeserving bad reputation - contrary to popular belief they are not dirty animals - they roll in dry mud just to keep cool! They are also very, very intelligent! 3 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: for pigs, I say! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:08 pm
In fact, piggies have an undeserving bad reputation - contrary to popular believe they are not dirty animals - they roll in dry mud just to keep cool! They are also very, very intelligent! 3 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: for pigs, I say! :D
I knew I liked you :smile:

Here's further evidence on this sticker that pigs are wonderful creatures... :) :)

I will try to get a photo of my piggies...I have a very very small collection so it should be easy to do :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:11 pm
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Not including the male members on here, of course! :lol: :)

Postby Tojo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:29 pm
Max: that's a great cupboard. I love old furniture too. Why is the cupboard so deep at the bottom though? It looks a bit strange like that. Maybe it was placed on top of another cupboard at one time :-?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Max » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:59 am
@ Tojo: it it a piece of forniture used to knee and pray.
Placed inside old houses in front of a sacre image, usaully.
:-D

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:25 am
I collect a lot of stuff... I just can't get myself to throw anything away... :lol:

But seriously, I collect comic books, 1/72 model ariplanes (mostly japanese and american) and a few other models I enjoy, recently restater "collecting" playmobil (and smurfs :) ), tv shows on dvd, and I'm sure I'm forgeting something else...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:34 am
Some of my dog collection:

Greyhound tapestry:

Niamh's Zoe Gibson portrait:

Logan's wall plaque by Jax:

Lots of little collectables - there are some dog ones in there!

China cabinet in my bedroom - bit crowded while decoration has been going on:

Brass bits:

I love this one:

Sorry about the light for these:

Coal items:

Heredities whippet:

Lurcher, I think:

Doggy ring holder! ;D

Bookends:

China - a Boston Terrier, Whippet & Greyhounds:

This lad broke both his back legs - but I fixed him! :D

My lovely Borzoi:

One of these is Coopercraft:

My lovely whippet heads from Canada:

My ladies:

Assorted greyhounds:

Juliana greyhound:

Latest whippet from Crufts 2007:

Greyhound from Crufts 2007 - I call her Celeste!

Cushions kept well away from dogs!

My Boston Terriers:

I won't bore you with the rest. :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:09 am
I won't bore you with the rest. :-D
That's ashame, Hilary! I was having fun looking at those pics! I adore all the animal figurines that you have and I am looking forward to seeing them when I visit. :-D

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 am
What a fun post! :) I really like hearing/seeing what other people collect. Nice collections everyone! :cheers: Like many of you, I also collect many things. I love toys! Smurfs are my Number one obssession, but I also actively collect My Little Pony. All three generations of them. I have a coin collection I have had for years and many shot glasses. I also have many books and a large collection of Disney movies. With my 5 year old daughter we have a large amount of Littlest Pet Shop (both Generations), Care Bear Plushies, and Fisher Price Little People. I have kept many of my childhood things so I have many Barbie's/Playsets, my original Star Wars figures/Playsets, colorforms, Richard Scarey, and a bunch of other stuff. All this plus six people in my house. Yes, we are crowded! :? :lol:
~~Christine~~

Postby Tojo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am
Isn't Richard Scarey the guy who illustrates the childrens' books? We've got a cool one with loads of cars where you have to find goldbug on every page.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Gerda » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:47 pm
I collect dust bunnys and cob webs.... ok that is only when I don't clean for awhile.

actually come spring time I start to buy up yard gnomes and yard frogs. I don't think of it as much as a collection as I do yard decorating but I still have several. That is where most of my money goes in the spring.. then when it gets too hot to venture outside I refocus on my smurfs. Its neat to see all the new gnomes that come out every year and I often set them up in themes around the yard during the great gnome migration..

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby FlamingO » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 am
I collect dust bunnys and cob webs....
:haha: If you ever wanna add to your collection I could maybe help out :-) :) Actually, I admit I had never heard the term 'dust bunnys' before, but when I checked them out I recongnized them as what makes my CPU work :geek2: (an IT man has shown me them in there ;) )

Postby Gerda » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:23 am
I collect dust bunnys and cob webs....
:haha: If you ever wanna add to your collection I could maybe help out :-) :) Actually, I admit I had never heard the term 'dust bunnys' before, but when I checked them out I recongnized them as what makes my CPU work :geek2: (an IT man has shown me them in there ;) )
I store a bunch of mine in my computer too, every once in awhile it makes my computer grumble and moan because of the over crowding then it comes time to relocate the little ones. (bunnies mulitply like crazy)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:30 am
Isn't Richard Scarey the guy who illustrates the childrens' books? We've got a cool one with loads of cars where you have to find goldbug on every page.
Awwwww thanks to my parents, I also have a Richard Scarey book. :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:53 am
Dust puppy.... ;)

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:27 am
:haha:

Postby Gerda » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:05 am
:) :) :) too cute :D

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 2 of 3

Login