Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 3

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 pm
I am up for sugestions on colors for the house when I paint it next spring. I was thinking White with Smurf blue trim. I actually though about a big pink ribbon on the front for breast cancer, but maybe I will just get a pink ribbon flag. I will also put a flag pole in the front yard. The siding is asbestos don't want to drill anymore holes in it.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:59 pm
Another question I have is they only painted the trim around the windows, should I paint all of the window trim blue, or just paint what they did.
Mr Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 am
Nice size yard and house, Bill. Max should love it! I'd say paint all the window trim not just what they painted...may have to scrape then paint depending on how old or flaky the paint is (most of my Mom's family are painters :D )
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:08 am
The house looks fab. :love: As for the colors, I have to agree to what Cathy mentioned, you might have to scrape then paint. :D (I know that from Manni's house.)

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 am
Congratulations Bill! Hope your move goes smoothly. :D :cheers:

Postby bwalters » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm
Thank you all for confirming what I thought.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 pm
The first pic is the small bedroom.
Then my bedroom
the kitchen
The living room.
There are several more pic's but I don't have time to post them.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:31 pm
If you want to see the rest look me up on facebook. Bill Walters Columbia Mo.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:18 am
house looks great Bill! :D

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:39 am
Here are a couple of more pic's Don't care for the green tub, but I can live with it.
Mr Bill

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:52 am
Looks great Bill! :D
Though, that's one very cramp bathroom. :???:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:22 pm
Yea it is a little tight, but I don't spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 pm
I thought I posted last Friday that I was going away for awhile. I guess not. Well I'm back. Pretty much moved. Still have a few things in my old house. My old boss is going to give me a riding lawn mower, Load all the stuff I have left and bring it to me in a couple of weeks. He let me use his truck to move my stuff and even helped load it and unload some of it. Another friend helped with a lot too. Max doesn't know what to think. I leave later and get home earlier. He is still chained up until I can get the rest of the yard fenced. There are dogs on both sides and sounds like in every yard in town. The first time he saw the train go by he was standing in the front door, at first he just watched as the first 10 or so cars when by. Then barked for the next 10 or so then stopped. The train blows its horn right in front of the house when going south, but not north. I havent quite gotten a handle on the time scedule yet. Kind of seems to be random. Last night it came by going south at 1:15am.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:57 pm
Well as of 3:45pm I now own the house. Thought it was going to cost me about $7,500 at closing, but I was told to bring a check for $5,340. and figured I would pay the rest when I got there. I only had to pay $78 for a weeks rent. I went out and celibrated by buying an electric infrared quartz heater. I have heard a lot about them and finally broke down and bought one for $269. They say it will save tons of money on the heat bill.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:15 pm
Congratulations on your new home Bill and Max!

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm
Thanks StampySmurf. I am already finding small problems. Two outlets in the living room don't work, there is a place for a switch beside the door but there is no switch in it. My plug for my washer won't reach a plug in. I may just go buy a new stackable one. My furnace made a noise last night and shut off the gas. This new Infared heater I bought should heat the whole house.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:35 pm
Hi All; I have been struggling with places to put furnature all day. I can only come up with two places to put my shelves, unless I get a new smaller couch. Today I bought a new.washer and drier. I have had mine for more than 20 years and they were used when I got them. Friday when I closed on the house, I was expecting to spend $2500 and didn't have to. I did spend about $1500 of those dollars, but still have about $3000 to build a fence which should cost around $200. In the last 6 years all I have ever done with the couch is take naps. I don't thing anyone has ever sat on it. Should I buy a new couch?
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:06 am
Not sure if you have Rooms to go around you, but they always have great deals. I got my complete living room from them :D

http://www.roomstogo.com/

I am probably the wrong person to advice you, as I believe if you move, you need to have at least some new furniture...so I'd say go with a new couch or even better a new living room ensemble :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:26 am
I have never heard of that store. My town has less than 1,000 people. There are two towns south about 12 miles that have 1,700 and 2,000. There are actually stores there that for the size of the towns shouldn't be there. Ft Leonard wood has between 50,000 and 100.000 but because they are temporary they don't count. Most stores and restaurants look at the permant population and won't put things there.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 pm
Thanks a lot Moey. Now I am $1,500 poorer. lol I really do mean that Moey Thanks. I bought a couch, loveseat, Recliner, and a new TV stand. It will be delivered tomorow night I will post pic's.
Mr Bill
Page 2 of 3

Login