Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:58 pm
Ok that's one more thing we will have to toast in Brussells... is somebody making notes of all these?
Hey, you can drink another beer on me on Oct 20.... It'll be my birthday :D

I am just trying to come up with some good reasons for you all to drink, as I know you wouldn't drink at all if you didn't have a reason.... :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Smurf-aholic » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:41 pm
:wave: A big congratulations on such a big step.

I was 17 or 18 when I went for my Canadian Citizenship and felt quite proud. :D

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:23 am
Hi Maureen, congratulations on your citizenship change. I'm curious, though, were you obligated to renounce your British citizenship? An American citizen can be born with dual citizenship (like to a French and American parent), but I'd heard the US process for adults requires you to renounce all other citizenships.

Good also to see the "American name-brand" hasn't become completely verboten in Europe. The press and pop-talk shows make it sound like the world regards us as a race of demons.

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:35 am
Congratulations Maureen :cheers: Lucie & Simon

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 pm
Hi Maureen, congratulations on your citizenship change. I'm curious, though, were you obligated to renounce your British citizenship? An American citizen can be born with dual citizenship (like to a French and American parent), but I'd heard the US process for adults requires you to renounce all other citizenships.
I had to say a long pledge of allegiance and renounce all allegiances to former princes and principalities..and at the interview the officer stressed the point that once I am a US citizen the US would no longer consider me a citizen of any other nation, which only makes sense.
I do believe from what I have read that Britain still considers me a subject of the Queen, since I was born in Britain and I am a British citizen by birth...I think I lost my German citizenship, because I became a German when my mother applied for it for me when I was four years old. She is a German/American Citizen, because she was born in Germany to a German woman and an American man.
I hope you are duly confused now, because I am :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 2 of 2

Login