Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 3

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:22 pm
Thank you Joaquin and Michelle :hug:

I wanted to thank you all for the lovely posts and also for the wonderful pm's I have gotten....they have meant a lot to me....:hug:

This is a great forum with a lot of caring people on it :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 am
Dear Maureen,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of Paulchen. :( However, I know that my Granny is going to take care of him, too. My Granny had three cats and Paulchen won't be lonely. :hug:

Postby steveparkes » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:59 am
So sorry to read about Paulchen Maureen..I went through the same thing with my cat Buttons..I'd had her for 14 years..she was like a part of the family and when I had to have her put to sleep (she got feline cancer) it broke my heart. I'm sure that buttons will take care of Paulchen for you :hug:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Tojo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:33 pm
So sorry to hear about Paulchen Maureen, that's very sad. Try to keep your chin up & don't forget that we're here for you :grouphug:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:50 pm
Thank you...I do miss him especially when I come home from work.....I actually found myself looking for him today when I came home until I realized he won't be here :( ...but it gets better with each day.... :D

I am not really a cat person..more a dog person as I love to romp around with mine (well, they don't anymore as they are getting old) but I guess Paulchen was special to me as he was purely inside and always there unless I had a couging spell or had visitors...then he would hide until the visitors left, so not many apart from me, Mum and Granny have seen him 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)..Actually even after two years my step-father hardly ever saw him, as Paulchen would disappear once Curt arrived...the irony is that it was my step-father who helped me bury Paulchen :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Kristy Smurf » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:38 pm
That is sad but

it was a extra beautiful looking cat
:carrots: :no: Kristy :yes: :dancing:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 pm
Thank you, Kristy..:hug:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Margaret » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:51 am
Maureen
I was so sad to read of your loss of your cat .

If you would like you can have mine :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:47 pm
Thank you Margaret :D

I was doing pretty fine until I had a setback yesterday evening..missing Paulchen something awful :(

but I decided to wait a bit before getting a new kitty from the shelter (I will get one for my birthday from my stepfather)..as right now it is too hot in my home (I have no air conditioning) for a small kitten and I am gone around 14 hours a day at the moment, so that wouldn't be fair...even to a cat no matter what Dyar says :o

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:17 pm
Since when do cats have rights?

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:18 pm
Well,
my life has become a little bit less calm within the last 24 hours :eek:

My mother called me last night telling me that a little stray kitten had come into their backyard and would I give it a home...Kindhearted as I am :) :) I said ok...and Mogli moved in....he is Tuxedo cat like Paulchen was, which my folks take as a sign that he is the cat for me

He also took to me immediately, but frankly, I think he is so sassy and not in the least bit shy that he won't care who he is around as long as they provide a place to eat and sleep...if only he would keep still long enough to actually fall asleep :o ...

I haven't had a quiet moment since then as he is constantly on the move, trying to get into trouble and he loves to use the keyboard....:)

He only sleeps on my lap or on the upper half of my body...I guess the good thing is that as long as he can sit on my lap, I can do whatever I want... the picture below was taken while he was asleep and I was scrolling thru the forum

I may get this cat declawed though, ...because he loves to jump and my knees are already very scratched up..

Dyar suggested I send the cat to him as he always wanted to try out catserole....but honestly...I don't think there is enough meat on this kitten... :-?

I have no idea how old it is by the way, I guess I'd say about 8 weeks maybe? :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:12 pm
Can I come back down to TN for hunting season Moey?

The smaller the target the more skill you need so it would be great to test out the shooting skills that Christy taught me in Belgium.

I meant shooting the small discus thingies that fire out like they have in the Olympics....I'm not totally barbaric ya know

Dyar

PS - Although I was thinking of tying the kitten to one of those discus thingies

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:25 am
:) :) :)
Well, you know you are always welcome here in Tennessee as you seemed to fit in perfectly 8-)

Hunting season is November - January...so you might even get to see some snow :D :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:48 am
Aah, how sweet. I love cats but living next to a busy main road just isn't suitable. We had 2 cats here but both got run over :( Our dog has been for a run on the road too but lucky for him nothing happened.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:03 am
I had a cat once until a train squashed it.......but despite popular belief on this forum I actually had nothing to do with it.

I am not a cat person though.....they freak me out these days

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:07 am
Why? because they eat fish? :-?

:sprint:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby FlamingO » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:15 am
Mogli looks an absolute sweetie :smitten: It's great that you've found each other :D

Nice view out that window by the way :cheerz:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:19 am
Thanks, Sue :D

No matter which window I am looking out off...I have the same view...I love it in the summer time :-D

and Mogli is finally sleeping on top of a blanket...and not on top of me :relieved: :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Margaret » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:34 pm
Maureen

Your new kitten is really cute :cloud9: !! Its amazing how much he looks like your other cat . If you ever want a friend for your kitten you can still have mine she is 8 years old . She has not gone near me since I had my youngest son 5 years ago and belive it or not I am the only one she will bite . She likes my husband but he hates cats so I feel bad for her .

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:14 pm
Your new cat is very cute, Maureen :D

Good to see it has taken to you right away :winks:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 2 of 3

Login