Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:30 pm
Has anyone ever had a transaction frozen by pay pal before? The item was not frozen by the buyer or by me but rather by pay pal and I have no idea why, :-? It is frustrating as hell because I already mailed the item to the buyer and for all I know I wont get my money because of pay pal not the buyer.. what in the world is going on?? Has anyone ever had this happen to them??

I'm ready to cry!! :( :(

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:53 pm
I don't think this has happened to me before, but I had some problems myself with paypal before...
I can think of different scenarios that might have happened

Did the buyer pay by e-check, in that case it takes 10 days to clear

Did the buyer use the correct paypal address? If not the money will be returned to them after, I think 30 days..but you would not see the transaction in your paypal account

Did the buyer have enough funds to cover the cost of the transaction?

or does the buyer have an outstanding paypal dispute out there, in which case paypal may freeze their funds until the dispute is resolved..

These are the scenarios I can think of right now...I would give them a call and see what is going on

Good luck, Gerda and keep us posted :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:01 pm
All funds cleared in my pay pal. nothing was on hold and it made it into my acount, it's been in there for several days already and since everything cleared I mailed it. (I learned not to mail anything unless it clears) so I don't understand why pay pal is doing this...

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Tojo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:26 am
Sorry to hear about this Gerda. I've never had anything like this happen to me so I can't understand what's going on either.

I hope you get it sorted out ok.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:00 pm
Hi Gerda, I am sorry to hear about your troubles. :eek:

I haven't had a problem so cannot really advise but it does all sound very odd. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:37 am
Well pay pal gave me my money back. No explanation as to why the dispute by them was opened in the first place. So not right :x but at least I got my money back :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 am
Well that's something Gerda. :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:08 am
Good to hear you got a result Gerda, although this king of cock up should never have happened in the first place. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 am
It's to hear that you're not out of pocket Gerda :D It's very strange all the same though.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:15 am
It doesn't explain anything...but I wonder if this happened in this case
In a small number of cases (fewer than 5% of all payments on eBay), PayPal will hold payment funds until either the buyer has left positive Feedback or 21 days have passed without a claim.

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:35 am
I wonder if that isn't what happend Maureen, because when I asked the buyer what was going on I got a respons to the feedback I left him (follow up) He can't leave me feedback yet as I'm sure in 5 days he would not have recieved the smurfs from here to brazil. But why on earth would they take my money, I left the feedback as soon as I mailed it. How is that punishing him? :-?

pay pal is very screwed up at times... just glad they gave it back, too bad they stressed me out and gave me a panic attack in the mean time :x

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:56 am
Paypal is very screwed up, I agree, G! I am having a weird problem with paypal at the moment too but it's completely different. I opened a dispute with a seller because I never received an item. Paypal took forever to do whatever their routine is (they have specific time lines to follow) and it took longer than they said. I filed the claim on December 12 and they never resolved it, just closed it February 5 but reopened it as a new case and said if the seller didn't respond by February 15, I would get my money back. They did this all on their own. So the second case they randomly closed on February 13 for NO reason and reopened it as a third new case. Now the seller has until February 23 or I get my money back. I am really sick of waiting for a return of my money since December 12. I emailed Paypal and obviously no response from them. They are beginning to suck as much as ebay. I've never had any problems with their dispute process before though and have always gotten money back. As far as I can tell with each case, the seller has never once responded to Paypal. I guess I'll see if the case is closed and reopened again or if it's finally resolved in the next few days :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:59 am
Why don't you give them a call and see what is going on?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:10 am
That sucks staci, What happend to the good service pay pal use to have, I know there was a time when I wasn't worried as they seemed to protect your money but know it seems they do what they want :angry: very odd behavior..

you can call pay pal? If you call I hope you have good long distance coverage and no plans for a day because I can't see them being very helpfull over the phone

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:15 am
Yeah, I called them before...when they erm had mine and Staci's address and e-mails mixed up

When I am home I will dig the number out :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Margaret » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:03 pm
I hope everything works out with you staci pay pal has had some real problems the last couple of months . In December I had went to pay for four smurf auctions I had won but when I clicked to pay I realized they were not items I had won ,one was for a vacuum and a couple of other weird items they all had other peoples ebay names as the buyer I clicked off the screen and went back in to pay pal and all my smurf auctions were paid for by other people :shock: :shock: :shock: and they were to be shipped to there address :eek: :( :shock: So I also called pay pal they were no help :banghead: :banghead: Pay pal blames ebay and ebay blams paypal !! I had to contact all the sellers by phone and ask them to refund payment that were made and I would pay them right away one poor guy it was his first time selling and thought I was trying to pull a fast one but in the end I got all the items I had won but what a nightmare !!

I am happy that you also were able to get your money Gerda !! :cheers:

:cheers:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:22 pm
Wow, what a nightmare Margaret ! :eek:
That would have put me off buying anything for awhile :x
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 1 of 1

Login