Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SmurfingH » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:35 am
We had snow this morning but it's all gone now. The dogs didn't like the wet slush first thing but they quite liked the proper snow, or at least Logan and Daisy did. :D Here are some photos:

Logan:

Logan & Daisy:

Claire & Albie:

Claire, Daisy, Niamh in her jumper & Albie:

Daisy, Niamh & Claire:

Niamh:

Daisy:

Postby steveparkes » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:38 am
We had snow too Hilary..I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked out of the window :shock: nice photos
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:23 pm
Hilary, you have melted my heart with those pics!! I'm looking forward to visiting you all the more now after seeing your doggies having fun. They are absolutely gorgeous!! You are one lucky smurfer to have such lovely dogs! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:18 pm
Also got a nice layer of snow today, been snowing since noon...
Should be gone soon.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:28 pm
Snow here in Holland too.... too bad it didn't stick because the ground was too warm

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:43 am
It's snowing again, heavy...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:08 pm
I remember snow in Denmark from when I was 18 and an au pair. I was living in a little place just north of Copenhagen called Torbaek Havn. We could see Sweden across the sea and the garden led down to the sea. In winter the sea froze over and people could walk past on the ice! :shock: That took some getting used to! :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 pm
I remember snow in Denmark from when I was 18 and an au pair. I was living in a little place just north of Copenhagen called Torbaek Havn. We could see Sweden across the sea and the garden led down to the sea. In winter the sea froze over and people could walk past on the ice! :shock: That took some getting used to! :-D

I would love to hear all about this, Hilary! I had no idea you had lived in another country. :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:15 pm
I've lived in America and Australia too. :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:10 pm
I've lived in America and Australia too. :-D
Two excellent countries, Hil...where in America? :-D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:56 pm
I was in NY for about a week and was a nanny for a wealthy family on Fisher's Island for 6 weeks. NEVER AGAIN! :???: I then went to work for an army family in Aberdeen, Maryland. They'd just come back from Germany with a 3 month old and a 2 year old and the Dad was stationed in Texas! :eek: I was there until Thanksgiving when all the family met up in Ohio. Me and the kids were then taken back with the grandparents to Independence, Missouri. The family was mixed race (white mum, black dad) and her parents didn't like his parents. (His family were lovely and had no race hangups.) Talk about stressful! :shock: I was there until February when they had to let me go cos of no money! I wasn't too upset to be going home. All in all I spent 6 months in the States.

I got sent home from Denmark after 6 months too but that was because I'd slipped on the ice and broken my arm! :-D I haven't nanny'd since and now you couldn't pay me enough! :shock: I love kids but I love to give them back after a while! :lol:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:47 pm
Aberdeen is VERY close to me, Hilary! And my ex is from Missouri too...what a small world it is :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:57 pm
Nice pics! Your dogs are so cute. :smitten: They look like they had fun playing in the snow.
~~Christine~~

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:08 am
It's been snowing here too but neither Frankfurt where I work or Karben where I live are badly affected. The area round about is pretty much snowed under though.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:57 am
Aberdeen is VERY close to me, Hilary! And my ex is from Missouri too...what a small world it is :) :)
That's funny! :lol: :lol:

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:02 pm
Lovely pics, Hilary :smitten:

I wish we had some snow a few weeks ago, we've just gotten over a heatwave....15 days in a row of 35 degrees or over. We had a couple of 40 degree days as well but it was mainly 38, 39 :angry: ( that emoticon is for hot, not angry) :-D So I would of happily swapped your snow for our heat :D

You dogs look like they are enjoying it :D

Where were you in Australia?
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 am
Thanks Raelene. :D I remember that heat!

I've been In Oz 3 times. The 1st time was the usual backpacker year but as I wasn't a usual backpacker I count it as living out there. I would use the bus route to get around but then stayed in out of the way places for 2 or 3 months before moving on. My uncle and aunt were living in Bridgetown, WA at the time so I started there and then went up the west coast. I lived in Newman for 3 months in a caravan park and worked as a barmaid.

Then I went up to Darwin and down through the centre. I fell in love with Coober Pedy (I know!) and spent a week there which led to a couple of jobs. First I was a housekeeper on Allandale station, a small family run concern. Then I was a School of the Air governess for 6 weeks on the largest station in Australia at that time. The name escapes me for now, which is annoying, but I've heard since that the station has been broken up. I was there up until Christmas and the temperature rose higher than 50 degrees C! Well the thermometer only went up that high and we were in the red centre!

Then I spent some time with friends in Adelaide, which I loved! Beautiful city and my favourite after Perth!

Then back across the Nullarbor to Perth and home. I was pretty skint by then! I did manage to meet a boyfriend on the 1st station and so got to experience the delights of a bachelor and spinster ball in a shed somewhere in SA. That was an experience and a half! :shock: :shock:

My 2nd trip I was out there for a month and visited family and friends in Perth and Adelaide, then did a lightening quick tour of Cairns and Sydney, including the rain forest and the blue mountains. Sydney's lovely too but too large and busy for me.

My 3rd trip was only a couple of weeks for my cousin's wedding. I didn't leave Perth but concentrated on family and friends.

I love Australia and the outback in particular and it's taken me years to get the red dust out of my system. 8) I'm very happy and content where I am now though.
Page 1 of 1

Login