Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Syd Smurf » Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 pm
Hey guys, goils and assorted animals

I was in Hawaii recently soaking up the sun, the beach and the assorted colourful alcoholic drinks as one does on a island holiday. I didn't expect to find many Smurfs there so I was quite surprised that Smurfs were quite prominent there. I heard that Cathy is planning a trip there soon-ish so I thought I would show some of the smurfy things that I (and a certain fish) came across on the island of Oahu.

We didn't buy anything there however.....as the smurf items were way overpriced, with the average smurf there (with or without paintrubs and missing parts) were selling for somewhere between $7-$12 US

The first place we found smurfs was in the International Market Place in Waikiki at a shop called Island Treasures Antique Mall

Fishy found a bucket.....which she felt like using when she saw the prices

Not sure exactly what this was....but it might be just for the Smurfer who has everything else

Another place in Waikiki was the Rock Island Cafe which besides food also had a ton of collectibles for sale

There were also those Junkfood t-shirts available in the 88 Tees stores but they were being sold for $40, so they're definately cheaper online. I might have to get myself one of these those

I did take Syd with me but I lost him in Honolulu for most of the trip. This was the last pic I saw of him

before he rejoined us at the airport again with his new passport

Dyar

PS - The next adventure I am planning is a road trip across the US in a couple of weeks if I can get some time off work here. I am hoping to drive on a northern route heading west via Gerda's house in Wisconsin if she is available, and then come back east on a southern route via Moey's mushroom in Tennessee.....I will bring my cat repellent with me :flame: :cat:

Postby cal78 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:25 pm
Dear Dyar, Will you Be coming By california on your Trip accross America?

Postby Michelle » Fri May 16, 2008 3:58 pm
OH Dyar,
I like this T-shirt!

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby SmurfingH » Fri May 16, 2008 4:16 pm
Sounds like you had a good trip! :-D I think you should have bought something smurfy, even at those prices, just so you've got a geuine Hawaiian smurfy item! :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 16, 2008 6:20 pm
He might have....did you read what he said about the smurfette?
Not sure exactly what this was....but it might be just for the Smurfer who has everything else
Dyar, don't tell us you got her for Syd? :-? :-? No wonder he disappeared
I will bring my cat repellent with me
Kaz???? :sofunny:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sat May 17, 2008 1:45 pm
Great mini-report Dyar & I was surprised that there were so many smurfs to be found in Hawaii :-D

You do get around a lot don't you :) I remember Waikiki being full of Japanese tourists when I was there. I wonder if it's still the same.

By the way that T-shirt is really cool. I'm not a big fan of smurfy clothing but I really like that one. I wouldn't pay $40 for it though.....
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Lia » Sat May 17, 2008 2:41 pm
It`s amazing to see all those smurfs overthere!! Thanks for posting those pics!

Lia

Postby eggie smurf » Sat May 17, 2008 9:57 pm
I remember Waikiki being full of Japanese tourists when I was there. I wonder if it's still the same.
Oh no, it's changed so much....there were Chinese, Korean, Phillipino, and Vietnamese to go along with the billions of Japanese tourists...not to mention two white smurfers on the island. :) :) :) Strangely, I think we saw only one Hawaiian person but she was big enough to be many many Hawaiians :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat May 17, 2008 10:40 pm
He might have....did you read what he said about the smurfette?
No I left that behind but could possibly pick it up on my return there later this year.
I will bring my cat repellent with me
Kaz???? :sofunny:
Oh no.....why should Kaz have all the fun....plus he's only got a little brain and probably doesn't know he's a real dog yet.
Dear Dyar, Will you Be coming By california on your Trip accross America?
Probably not this time Cal. I will probably head west until I hit Utah & Arizona before heading back as I will only get a limited amount of time off work. I have been to California & Nevada recently so I am trying to get to the states that I haven't been to yet. After this road trip I think I would of hit 32 states in just over 12 months which is not a bad effort......especially since I have only been to 3 states in Australia in 34 years.

I will report on any smurf findings I come across and will try to avoid Syd or myself getting locked up in any county jails.....but I cannot promise anything.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 18, 2008 5:00 am
If you find any in Middle or Eastern Tennessee.....I'll give you a bottle of JD's best moonshine :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 18, 2008 5:26 am
You should have said "but not if they're in my house" or he'll be claiming loads of moonshine! :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 18, 2008 6:10 am
Oh Shoot... :banghead: :banghead:

If you find any in Middle or Eastern Tennessee that haven't been in contact with Mogli yet.....THEN you'll get JD's finest Moonshine :cheers:

how's that? :winks:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 18, 2008 6:54 am
:haha: :sofunny:

Postby Gerda » Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 am
Sounds like the two of you had a great time and to find all those smurfy goodies.. I guess at those prices they wont be selling out fast :)

I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon so head on up and I'll show you around!! :D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 am
I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon so head on up and I'll show you around!! :D
That is excellent Gerda and thank you very much :D

I was going to officially ask once I can nail down some definite dates which I should be able to do in the next few days I hope. If so, it may be really really soon. :shock: I can't wait to finally get there, especially since I have been talking about it for over a year.

Just to wrap up the Hawaiian report....I wanted to add one more pic
We went to an Ihop Restaurant for dinner one day (could of been breakfast....it's hard to tell sometimes) and I noticed something a little different on the menu.

It seemed like you could have an option of:

One Egg
Two Eggs

or....

Postby Tojo » Sun May 25, 2008 1:21 am
I wouln't want to be under the tree when the eggs ripen & drop down :shock: :)

I love translation errors like that. There was one I saw in a Chinese restaurant in Frankfurt a few years back where they offered 'Duck in a hot iron plate' :) I was wondering how they managed to get the duck inside the plate in the first place :o :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 3:22 am
Fishy found a bucket.....which she felt like using when she saw the prices
This remark is gold hahahaha

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 4:50 am
I wouln't want to be under the tree when the eggs ripen & drop down :shock: :)

I love translation errors like that. There was one I saw in a Chinese restaurant in Frankfurt a few years back where they offered 'Duck in a hot iron plate' :) I was wondering how they managed to get the duck inside the plate in the first place :o :)
I love errors like that, too :) :) When I remark on it though, I am usually called a not so nice word :( :) :)

My eyes must not be what they used to be though...it took me a good three days trying to figure out what it was that Dyar wanted to show us :banghead: :sillyme:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 4:55 am

My eyes must not be what they used to be though...it took me a good three days trying to figure out what it was that Dyar wanted to show us :banghead: :sillyme:
Thank God.... that means I'm not the only one :)

Postby Lia » Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 am
I once ordered in a London pub a sherry and a martini...
Then the (Asian)waiter came back with one glass Martini with a cherry in it:)
Page 1 of 2

Login