Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Tojo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:00 am
Here's just a quick post to let you all know that we're off to Hastings in south-east England tomorrow where we'll be staying for 2 weeks. It looks like there's lots to do in the area (lots of history) so I don't think we'll get bored

I'm going to miss you all but I'll be back soon enough :-D :)

Catch you again in a fortnight :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:27 am
Hi Tojo :hug:

As Manni will go to Sweden and Danmark for almost three months on Monday, I wish the best of luck for your journey. :D I sincerely hope, you'll be able to visit the Smurf exhibition after all and that you find some lovely souvenirs.

Big :hug:
D.

Postby Lia » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:31 am
Have a great holiday Tojo!

Lia

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:50 am
Hey Tojo

Have a great time away on your hollies, let us know how it went when you get back.

I wish you & Manni both have a safe journey there & return :cheers:

Dyar

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 am
Have a good trip Tojo. :-D

and Manni. :-D

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:32 am
Enjoy yourself Tojo.... see you soon :cheers:

Postby FlamingO » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:17 pm
Hi Tojo, hope you all have a lovely holiday :-D
I think it is safe to assume you are going to have a smurf free couple of weeks in the UK :neutral: :) Hope you bring some nice weather with you :sun: But I was at a seminar in Germany at the start of this week and the weather was not so hot either :-?

See ya on your return :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:45 pm
I hope you have a great time in England, Tojo :-D

I am already looking forward to welcoming you back :cheers:

Hope you get to drink lots of warm beer :beer: :o :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Enjoy your holiday in England Tojo ! :-D
:cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:54 pm
There's a possibility I will be back in England again soon...shame I couldn't be there the same time as Tojo....we still need to finish a few more drinks together.

I'm glad it's summer in England at the moment......at least in theory :???:

Dyar

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm
Today was nice, Dyar, so you may have missed summer! :winks: Plus Wimbledon has started so the weather's almost bound to deteriorate! :o

If you have time and fancy a trip north of London you're welcome to come and visit. No stealing the smurfies though! :angry:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:14 am
If you have time and fancy a trip north of London you're welcome to come and visit.
Wow that is really nice of you Hilary.....thank you very much :hug:

I am either going to Australia or England & Wales, but I am not sure which option yet. At this stage it does look like the UK, but I will have to confirm that in about a week. I will send you a PM.....um, I mean a private message, not a Prime Minister.
No stealing the smurfies though! :angry:
:) :) :) ......that's a joke isn't it? :o :)

It would be cool to meet up, and I have never seen the north of England yet.....I will bring my long johns and Syd :D

Dyar

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:19 pm
I'm not in the North! Just a bit further north of London. About an hour by train. I've sent you maps and things so you can see what I mean. :D

And yes I meant it about not stealing the smurfies! :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:39 am
Got the message Hilary, thank you very much :D

Ok I got it now....that threatning PM about cutting my hands off if any smurfs went missing was super effective.....I won't be taking any risks like that.....I gurantee it.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:17 am
Thanks for all the holiday wishes guys & gals :-D :D

We had a fantastic time & the weather was perfect. It was quite breezy but very sunny so we could do lots & lots of sightseeing. I'd never been to East Sussex before so didn't really know what to expect.

There were so many sights connected with the Norman invasion in 1066 that we hardly knew where to start. We went to the site of the battle of Hastings, at a place called interestingly enough Battle :) , also to Pevensey where the Normans landed & to Hastings castle which must have been huge before half of it fell into the sea in the 1300's.

We also went to an adventure park & to the cinema to keep the kids happy before visiting another castle which is now owned by a Canadian University & is used as such. The castle is called Herstmonceux & is stunning. Next door was a science park set in what used to be the Greenwich Observatory. It was amazing being able to go into the observation towers & seeing the telesopes & how the doors etc open.

All in all a great holiday which was over far too soon. I'll try to post a few pics in the next few days after I've sorted out what we took.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There was a great pub just round the corner from the caravan park which sold excellent Real Ales so I was in my element :beer: :) :) What a pity Dyar wasn't there :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:13 pm
Welcome back, Tojo - sounds like a great holiday :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:00 pm
Can't wait to see your pics Tojo! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 pm
YAY, Tojo is back :woohoo:

I am glad you had a fantastic time and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby FlamingO » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:08 am
Hi Tojo,
Welcome back :D Glad to hear you had a fantastic time and the weather was kind :sun: and most importantly that you found a good pub with some good beer :cheers: :-D

Postby naish510 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:13 am
Welcome back Tojo !!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Page 1 of 2

Login