Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:03 am
Hi guys,

since I already spent four incredible weeks at Manni's Swedish house about three years ago, I wanted to get there asap. Finally, I was able to convince my mum to allow me staying another four weeks this year. (That means from July 28th to August 29th) :yay: :D Apart from helping him with the garden and the house, we will be visiting some friends and lovely fleamarkets again and hang out for four weeks at Stockholm another time. I will also visit Copenhagen for the very first time. (@Sandra: Do you happen to know any second hand shops downtown Copenhagen?) Plus I might also improve my Swedish skills and look out for a job either at the Ljungberg museum (http://www.ljungbergmuseet.se/) or at the University of Växjö, so that I can spend a semester abroad there next year. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:23 am
Great news, Dom! Sounds like it should be a whole lot of fun and I'm glad you are able to take off that much time for holidays with Manni :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:23 am
That sounds like some exciting four weeks, Dom :D

I can't wait to hear about the smurfs you will be finding :-D

All the best for on your job search..I hope you find one that you'll love :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:10 pm
You'll love Copenhagen. It's a beautiful city! I'm very envious of your stay in Sweden too! I hope you can still log on from Manni's house. I hope you have a wonderful time. :hug:

Postby Yonna » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:36 am
Maybe you can take a cruise to Finland while you're here! :-D
I'm glad for you Dom!!!
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Lia » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 am
sounds very nice Dominique!
I like the idea of the jobs!!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:58 am
Maybe you can take a cruise to Finland while you're here! :-D
I'm glad for you Dom!!!

@Yonna: Well, I'd love to go to Finland, hence it's very far away from Smaland (that's where I will spent most of the time). The longest trip will be Stockholm, for it is about five and a half hours away from Manni's house. You did mention your Swedish relatives, when we were meeting each other at Passion, didn't you? Where do they live? Manni's house is in the town Ryssby and the next city Ljungby is about 16 miles away.

@Hilary: Back in 2005, we would spend two days on the house and then took out one day (apart from our trip to Stockholm, where we were staying at for four days) off, plus we had great trips to Växjö, Glasriket, Stockholm, Broby etc.

@Maureen: I sincerely hope to find lots of items. Unfortunetly, I happened to find one of the 1996 Kinder series only. Nevertheless, Manni was lucky to find a deck of Swedish collectors card (with some doubles and triples to trade), some Smurf comics and a very lovely vase for me last year.

@all: If you want to, I will post some pics from my 2005 trip as of tomorrow.

Postby steveparkes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:17 am
Have a great time Dom..be sure to say Hi to Manni from us all :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 am
Enjoy yourself Dominique, and say hello to Manni for me please :D

:-D :beer:

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:47 am
Yes please to the photos Dom! :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:57 am
@Steve &Graham: Of course, I will say Manni "hi" from both you. :D
@Hilary: Will post the pic tomorrow at 5pm. :D

Postby FlamingO » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:47 pm
Hi Dominique. Have a lovely time together :-D I would love to get to Sweden one day :okay: will be great to see your pics :D

Good luck at the fleamarkets :fingers:

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm
Great news Dominique. :)
Bet you'll have lots of fun!!!!

Unfortunatly the only thing I know in Copenhagen is the Hard Rock Café and a suvenir shop a little further up the street... Only been there once, and to buy some t-shirts and suvenirs as per my parents request... Oh, I also recently found out that I have a 2nd degree cousin living there for a lot longer than the 4 years I've live here... :lol2:

Anyway, if you come up to my side of the land (middle of Jylland), maybe we can meet (but I'll be gone to Portugal from july 15 to 30).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:21 am
@all: I'm sorry, but since I got a wrong chip with me, I have to postpone my photos to Monday. :(

@Sandra: Manni will already have spent four days in Copenhagen, before I join him. Therefore I'm pretty much sure, that we won't be in Copenhagen before August. In which part of Jytland do you live? I have been to Aalborg some seven years ago, when Jean-Michel Jarre was doing his AERO concert. Gee, due the heavy rain, the grass became that muddy, so that Manni and me had to spend the night in the car. :???: :lol:

Postby Yonna » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:09 am
I do have a few cousins in Sweden but they live in Umeå so not that close... :(
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:13 am
I do have a few cousins in Sweden but they live in Umeå so not that close... :(
Yep :(

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:34 pm
I live right in the middle, in Herning. ;)

If you like Lego and Lego constructions, try visiting Legoland in Billund (+/-45 min from where I live)... I love excuses to go to an amusement park. ;)

Or if you like old houses/architecture/life stille, there's the Old City (Gamle By) in Arhus (about 1H and 20min from me). Consider it something like a living museum. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:51 pm
I've been to both of those places and they're really awesome! :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:49 am
Have a great time Dominique and say "G'day" to Manni for me :D

Dyar
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:23 am
Hi guys, :wave2:

since I'm having my final exam for this semester in one and a half hours, plus I'm going to go to Sweden on Monday, I'd like to say "bye" for the following four weeks. Unfortunently I have been very busy for my exams lately, so please bear with me. However, I will post the latest pics after my return. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful summer, wherever you are or will be. :sun:
I will return to you on September 9th at the latest, unless I might be able to sneak in for some seconds meanwhile. I also promise to deliver your hugs and greetings to Manni, once we are seeing each other.:D

Sending you big hugs :grouphug:,

D.
Page 1 of 2

Login