Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:25 am
Hi guys,

as I may promised earlier, I enclose some pics for you to see. Please bear with me, if some of them may be already three years old, but since the weather had been really terrible most of the time, I wasn't able to take as many as I wanted to.

Manni's place consists of four tiny houses and it is hidden in the Swedish woods. There's only a tiny road leading to his neighbours on the left side, who live about 500 meters away from his place and one kilometer to meet up with the other neighbours. The next town is Ryssby, which has a wonderful lake, a hotel, a museum, a church & graveyard, a kindergarten and a secondary school, but is has only a population of five-hundred people. It takes you another eight kilometers to hit the freeway leading and another twenty mins to get to the next big city called Ljungby.

Note that the entrance is on the backside, since you cannot enter the house by the tiny winter garden.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:44 am
We had a great view while enjoying our meal inside the main house. :smitten:

This house has electricity, but this is where we get our water from. Needless to add that there's a tiny toilet house. :)

Of course, Manni and me tried hard to do some work, e.g. we had to mow the lawn as well as the house needed to be painted again.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:06 am
This is esp. for Staci. About three years ago, we had some very lovely visitors nearby. :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 am
I tried my best to help Manni as best as possible. In fact, I enjoyed working hard. :D Since this wooden house is 120 years old, one has to take care of it, just like it was a baby.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 am
Nevertheless we made some great tours with Manni's car. E.g. we went to Stockholm for four days. :D It was amazing!! :D Unfortunetly we made a big mistake by confusing the city of Varberg, which is about 100 kilometers away from Göteborg with the suburb of Stockholm called Vårberg. We went to Varberg, to attend Sweden's largest fleamarket, after we had returned from Stockholm, just to find out that this market was located in Stockholm, which is about 460 kilometers away from Manni's house. :( :banghead: :( Thus we have to return to Stockholm by next year (hopefully!!!). We also went to Ljungby festival, which was celebrating carneval in mid-August. :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:56 am
I bet, you would have loved those cowboys and prisoners. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:15 am
Great photos Dom! :-D Years I ago I was staying with some Danish friends and they had a cottage in the Swedish woods. They took me to visit and it was beautiful! It was Autumn/Fall and the colours were amazing. I'd love to go back one day.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 am
We also visited many friends of ours, e.g. the Edwardssons. Gunnar works as a Lutherian preacher man as well as for the local newspaper Smålänningen, whereas his wife Helena whom has been working for many years in a local museum and provided temperature forecasts for the national weather service is about to retire this year. They have seven children aging from 17 to 31.
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:51 am
These are the items, I was lucky to find in Sweden (Ljungby, Markaryd, Stockholm) and in Denmark (Copenhagen).

Manni gave me the cornflakes tin and the smurf videos as a present. He said the girl on the box reminded him of me and he was happy to find me the videos as well as the tin on the local fleamarket in Ljungby. :D

I'm afraid that the smurf drops boxes and the cards, which I found in Stockholm are not on this pic, but I promise to take a pic of the items asap. You know, our car was full of goodies.

Not to forget the packs of cds and the two books, I bought as well. :D

Please bear with Mickey, but I love him.

On the left side, you find some very lovely variants and candy bips, whereas the fakes and the videos are on the right side. :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:56 am
Great photos Dom! :-D Years I ago I was staying with some Danish friends and they had a cottage in the Swedish woods. They took me to visit and it was beautiful! It was Autumn/Fall and the colours were amazing. I'd love to go back one day.
Yep, there are a lot of Danish people spending their summer holidays in Sweden. I hope you'll be able to return soon.

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:21 am
Fantastic photos, Dom (and thanks for posting the cows :) ) Sounds like you had a very nice holiday in Sweden. Is Manni still there or is he back home again as well? :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 am
No, we both returned home on August 28th/29th, since I had to sign-up for my lectures early on. :D If I had given more time, we would have returned mid-September.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 am
Great pictures, Dom...it looks beautiful :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 am
:D I love the photos Dominique. It must be very beautiful there.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby FlamingO » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:13 am
Loved your photos Dom :-D :cheerz: and some great smurfy finds :D :yay:

Postby Chris McBrien » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:10 pm
I want to go to Sweden, now! Looks like a blast and love the Smurfy treasures you found!
:-D
Chris
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 am
Uhm... is it just me, or there's no photos here? (apart from the one with the smurf items)?? :-?

Still, sounds like you hard a great time, dispite the bad weather. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:24 am
Yes it's just you Cassiebsg. No not really the only pic there is the one with the items. I think they forgot to add the attachments. I have done that myself. Maybe they can edit the pic's.
P.S. I was reading back through this post I think the pic's were there and somehow dissapeared. Usually the box is still there but the pic doesn't show up.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:04 pm
I was too late to see the pics too but nice to see you got some new Smurfs Dominique.

All the best to Manni :cheers:

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:26 am
Oh dear :(

I apology for taking away those pics, since I didn't want to waste much space capacity. Nevertheless I will mail you the pics asap.

Love,
Dominique
Page 1 of 2

Login