Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:03 pm
Actually he hurt himself. I bought one of those peticure machines on ebay to trim his nails. I have a drimmel tool which is pretty much the same thing so I though I would let him get used to hearing it. So I turned it on and at first he was OK. But then he started sniffing it and bit at the spinning thing. It grabed the hair on one side of his mouth and by the time I could turn it off had jerked a couple hundred hairs out. He still doesn't like the machine. But let me trim his nails with it. Poor Boy he will be OK though just missing a clump of hair on the side of his mouth. He is funny about somethings. Anything with a handle he doesn't like. Grab the broom or mop and the goes crazy. He knocked over the broom one day and has been that way ever since. He's the same way about plastic bottles. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:48 pm
Aww poor Max...at least he knows now not to bite that tool...well we hope he knows. Kaz is scared of some things too. Namely the vaccuum cleaner - he completely freaks out when he just sees it let alone hears it.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:59 pm
Hi Staci; Yea he actually had it in his mouth when I was trying to shut it off. I looked in it to see if he hurt anything in there and I didn't see anything but he was fighting me all the way. No blood was drawn in the whole thing. So I guess it's OK. Animals are reseliant like that. Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:39 am
Silly Max. He'll learn. :D

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:44 am
Hi Hilary; I sure hope so I know that was painful for him. The pedi cure one has a plastic guard on it to catch the dropings but I think it would have also prevented this from happening. Bill

Postby Margaret » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:57 pm
oh wow Bill poor max :( !! I seen the nail trimer you are talking about this weekend and was thinking about getting it but I am not brave enough to try it on my dogs I will leave it up to the groomers . I know you have to be very careful because they have a nerve in the nail . good luck the next time you try to use it he is going to run lol

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Hi Margaret; I think he will be OK with it I trimmed his nails with the dremmel tool and once I got started he was Ok. Just have to keep the sanding disc away from the hair. The one I bought has a guard that will keep that from happening. Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login