Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:23 pm
Hi Everyone; This one is mainly for Tojo. The Optimist's are meeting across the street again tonight and some of the old cars are there. There is a yellow 46 ford convertable, A 1956 chev. either black or grey. And this one I have never seen I am pretty sure it's a 1958 ford Ranchero red on bottom and white on top. The tail lights are really big and round. The wings arn't very big. Also there is a backup light on each side of the car above the tail lights. I don't even remember seeing one of those in the 50's or 60's. It maybe a 59 that's why I described it so much. Oh the front above the headlights is round and I didn't see the front but I'm pretty sure there's just one head light. Bill
P.S. I just went and looked there are two headlights side by side.
P.S.S. I have been thinking and I remember a friend had a 1960 elrancho. We were trying to put a new engine in it and had the engine hanging from a tree. The car needed to be moved forward to make it go in I was standing holding the engine and my friend got in the car and tried to let it roll forward, but the brakes were power brakes and didn't work well the car rolled into the engine breaking the windsheild. I just remembered that. He was mad but I'm sure not at me I couldn't do anything I did try to pull the engine away but couldn't. I'm not very big now. But in high school I was 5'2 and weighed 102lbs. I'm now 5'8 and weigh about 145lbs but that still small.

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:42 am
I can imagine that your friend was annoyed at the time Bill, but it's quite a funny story really :)

I'd love to be able to see all of those old cars (and even better own one). There are quite a few around here as there were lots of American bases here until recently but you only get to see some of the cars in the summer when there are vintage car shows.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login