Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 pm
I enjoyed watching a movie the other day (actually Sunday night when I forgot about the Superball) that was totally different from what I usually enjoy and was wondering what everybody else likes watching.

I usually love good comedies, they can be old classics with Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant (:smitten: ) or newer ones with Mel Gibson :love: or other contemporary actors.

Musicals are also in my favorite category..be it old ones..or newer ones..although I don't think they make them anymore, except for "Mamma Mia" which was nice (Pierce Brosnan :mrgreen:) but also odd in a way.

Westerns are also right there on top of my list, although in this case I am more into the classic ones. The only recent one I liked was "Wyatt Earp" which really isn't that recent anymore. :-?

I also enjoy epics dealing with historic events, but usually only watch them once as they are too long in the end :) I got "The Patriot" the other day but have yet to watch it as I have been busy watching "Are you being served" (TV show)

The movie I was watching on Sunday was "The Chronicles of Narnia" and even though I don't like Fantasy movies I had heard so much good about this one that I decided to see what it's all about. By the end of the movie I had really gotten into it.

Another category I am not really crazy about is Science Fiction....but even so I have every episode of the Original Star Trek Series..and all of their movies (but none of the later ones :-D )

I guess, I should call myself a movie nut :-? I used to to have a huge library of any kind of movies...but what kind I say :-? Smurfs got in the way 8)

Anyway...what kind of movies do you like to watch?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 am
I like all sorts of films but especially silent movies. When I think about the time & effort it took to make those films I'm flabergasted!! My favourite are the 2 parts of the Nibelung - they are epics! Others that I love are the Buster Keaton comedies & the Bela Lugosi horror films.

I also like James Stewart & Cary Grant films from the 1950's.

Later films such as the original 3 Star Wars films (haven't seen the later 3 yet) & the Lord of the Rings trilogy are also favourites of mine.

Love actually, the 2 Bridget Jones films & My big fat Greek wedding are films I enjoy watching too as they make me laugh :)

I hate all those rubbish American films where cars always have to explode & people are machine gunning all over the place all the time. There are far to many of those made unfortunately :angry: :banghead: :angry:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 am
I'm very fond of films, though I love trilogies like "The Godfather", "Star Wars (4-6)" and "The Lord of the Rings", I'm more into intellectual films, e.g. French nouvelle vague /British new wave films like "The 400 Blows", "Au hasard Balthazar", "A Taste of Honey". Thus I dare say, that François Truffaut was one of a kind. :worship: I also admire Jacques Rivette, who has left the "nouvelle vague" and went on shooting rather long, but very interesting films like "Céline and Julie Go Boating" , "Northwest Wind", "Women Duelling" and "Wurthering Heights". Another great director is Bernardo Bertolucci and his "The Last Emperor" is still my most favourite film. :worship:

Nevertheless, I enjoy watching new films as well. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:05 am
I like most things but especially science fiction, action, thriller, some chick flicks (films made for women), comedy, crime detection especially... the list goes on. I quite like cars exploding and have loved Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy. I haven't seen Bourne Ultimatum yet but I'm looking forward to that one! I love James Bond (Sean Connery - ok all of them). I even like watching really bad films when I want to switch off my brain. I like foreign language films too. :-D

Postby Tojo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 am
I forgot to mention that I also like historically based films such as Shogun, Last Samurai, Troy, Waterloo, War & Peace (The Russian version not the horrible American Audrey Hepburn one :???: ) & costume dramas such as films of the books by the Brontes, Thomas Hardy, Charles Dickens etc.

I also enjoyed the 3 Matrix films & I Robot. The special effects in those films are incredible.

Hilary, I get to see a lot of foreign language films too & some of the German ones are very good. The great thing about DVDs bought over here is that they have lots of languages on them to choose from. The DVDs in the UK mostly only have the English version on them & then something wierd like Hungarian. I can watch my Master & Commander DVD in English or Hungarian only :o Most of my German DVDs have many languages on them such as English, German, French, Turkish, Italian, Spanish & Finnish. That's why I tend not to buy DVDs in the UK unless it's something special like Inspector Morse, Lewis or Sharpe.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:01 am
Why don't you want to watch movies in Hungarian? :-? :-?

I bet the movies are very interesting in Turkish. :D

Some American DVDs are also showing them in Spanish or French, and some even in Chinese of all languages but most are just plain English (or I just haven't paid any attention) :cheers:

Most have subtitles in Spanish or French though
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 am
I am watching all the episodes of "X files" now.

I have reached season four so I still have a long way to go.

It is a nice way to relax. One beer, one big sandwich and one episode.

/André

Postby Cool Smurf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am
I like horror films like "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "Child's Play", and the original "Halloween", but I really don't like gory ones.

The only sci-fi that I mainly like is the original Star Trek because I think that Captain Kirk's really cool! 8)

I like rock musicals like Rocky Horror and Grease.

I have a few classics like "Casablanca", "The Adventures of Robin Hood", "The Maltese Falcon", and "The Wizard of Oz".

I also like cheesy B-movies, too.
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"
Postby Schildkoete » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm
Hi :cheers:

I like films like Tojo and Hilary but my favorite film is : Groundhog Day

I watch this film up to 20 times in German and English :D :D :D
:turtle: Ingo :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 am
@Mo: If you love musicals, you have to check out these two French films. They are sort of musical and are very funny to watch, particular the latter. :D

On connait la chanson
8 femmes

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:17 pm
As movies go, I'm good for almost any type of movie... though, I'll avoid also most of them. :sofunny:

My favorite type is generaly Science Fiction, but I'll seat and watch any good film that catches my eye and interesse. I'll avoid though: Musicals, Horror and stupid films in general.

I'll rather seat and watch a show than a movie, as I'm "hooked" into following my favorite actor/character, and series do tend to last longer than a plain movie. ;)

I particularly like movies/series with "open" ends and that make one think about what happend and force me to think about what could happen next.

Films I like: Lord of the rings triologi, Back to the future, Alien (I know, it's horror, but... 8) ), the 6th sense, pay it forward, braveheart, city of god, etc...

@Tojo: why would anyone want to see a movie other than in it's original language is beyond me... :banghead: I'm though for dvds with the max of subtitles as possible, infortunatly many times they end up having 1 to 6 tracks, when there could be up to 32... :( not like they take that much space that would result in a worse picture quality.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:52 pm
Hi All; I just saw this post. I have been in touch all week can't believe I didn't see it. Cool Smurf you don't like the gory one's the only one you missed it the Texas Chainsaw massacre. I have seen most all of the first episodes of all of them but didn't want to see the rest. Too Gory. I like almost every kind of movie except the Gory one's. I have all of Steven Segals movies. I like the bourne Movies. I think my favorite movie has to be (Without a Trace) with Judd Hurst. I even like chick flicks in fact that is one. One thing I don't do is go to the movies. I haven't been in a Theatre in over 20 years. Opp's I just remembered my compay took us all to see the grench about 8 years ago for christmas. It was OK but it didn't get over until after 9pm and I and my partner and his wife had to drive for 2 hours after that. Had I thought about that before I might have passed.
Mr Bill

Postby Cool Smurf » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 pm
Hi, bwalters 8)

I tried to watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre before, but it was just too nasty for me.

The last movie that that I saw in the theater was The Simpsons Movie, even though I would like to see the new Star Trek movie.
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby bwalters » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:31 pm
Hi Cool Smurf; I did watch Texas chain saw massacre, but I didn't enjoy it. I also watched the orignal Holloween, and Night mare on elm street. But again I have no desire to see them again or see the sequels. I do like action films like Bourne Idenity and Bad Boys while there is a lot of death in them also it at least is normal violence. Not some guy that should be dead, or a crazy guy running around with a chain saw. I think in my mind the shows I don't like are the one's that have to do with something that is not right.
Mr Bill

Postby Nivid » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm
Fantastic Planet is one of the most unique movies of our time. It makes a great conversation piece cause of it's underlying messages about the world we live in.

And many others but, right now Fantastic Planet! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nivid :hiya:

Postby André » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 am
Me and my children went to see Bedtime stories on the openingnight at the cinema yesterday.

The newspapers told us that it was boring and bad performances.

But we all liked it very much especially the guinea-pig with big eyes.

/André

Postby FlamingO » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:38 pm
Ones that make me :lol: , ones that make me :( , ones that make me :hmmm:
:cheers:
oh yeah! and ones that make me :dance: :dance: :dance:

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:30 pm
One of my Favorite movies is "Forrest Gump".
Seen it more than 20 times already.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Chris McBrien » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm
I love a good comedy..and a really good adventure movie. I don't mind "scary" movies but I'm not into gore. I liked the last "Hellboy"...and I liked "Four Christmases" (that's the last movie I saw in the theater).
If it's got Will Ferrell, I"m there..although some of his suck.
If it's got Steve Martin, I'm there..and none of his suck.
One of my fav. movies:
"Death to Smoochy"
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:41 pm
I love a good sci fi movie anything with space aliens or vampires is good. Love the star wars movies, also lord of the rings. I also like a good comedy, any steve martin movie he just has that careless sense of humor. Also a fan of Mr bean, his stupidity is always good for a laugh. Of course I can forget all about a plot if the lead actor is a hunk 8)
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 2

Login