Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:06 am
Hi All; I hope all of our Australian neighbors not just the Smurfers are all OK. What a tragidy. I can't imagine what is happening to them. My prayer go out to all of them and their families.
Mr Bill

Postby lobo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:31 am
Same from Spain!!

I hope that you overcome this great disaster and your beautiful country and strong people aren´t so affected by the fire as it seems in the news.

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 am
It's a wierd day when I find out the news via a smurf board :dumb: maybe I should start watching/reading the news a little more often. :shocked:

Big :world: to our :roo: friends.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:59 am
I'm just so grateful that my family and friends aren't in the area affected. I do feel for everybody that is though. The stories coming out of Victoria are just horrific. :(

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:58 pm
I've been watching the reports on the tv & reading the reports in the papers. It is so tragic what has happened. :(

If it's true that some of the fires were set deliberately then I hope that the culprits are found :angry: :angry:

As far as I know we haven't got any Victorians here at the forum but my thoughts go out to all Australians :roo:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:53 pm
I don't know about everyone in the world. But if I set a fire just to burn trash and it killed just one person. That would essentially end my life right there. I might still be breathing but I wouldn't be the same. I guess I have been lucky so far that I haven't even killed a dog or cat. That would also take its toll on me. I have been driving for 40 years now so I either am very lucky or very good. I vote for the first one.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:26 pm
I've been watching the reports on the tv & reading the reports in the papers. It is so tragic what has happened. :(

If it's true that some of the fires were set deliberately then I hope that the culprits are found :angry: :angry:

:roo:
I heard the same thing that it is arson...in this case I hope the responsible party (parties) are among the victims of the fire :angry:

I haven't watched any of it on TV but just seeing the pictures was bad enough and I second everybody on here...My thoughts and prayers are with everybody affected by the fires..even if I don't know anybody personally :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:01 pm
Geesh, I got to watch the news more often.
Hope all are okay and those who are being affected by this in Australia,
my prayers are with them.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby JT » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 pm
Those news from Australia are terrible. I hope you guys and your relatives are safe and well.

Janne

Postby bradley » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 am
It has been devastating. It was lucky this didn't happen here in South Australia. Both Victoria and SA have suffered the same 2 weeks of record breaking hot temperatures. Trees, grass, scrub is all dead from the heat so very flammable. These fires have occurred in rural areas in Victoria and have wiped out whole communities, whole towns burnt to the ground within a matter of minutes. No time to flee in most cases and people caught in cars trying to drive to safety. Total deaths currently at 173.
Page 1 of 1

Login