Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 am
:spider::spider::spider::spider::spider::spider::spider::spider:

I found a huge black spider on my bed today and totally freaked out. I hate spiders more than anything (except for snakes inside my house), so I called my Mama, as I knew I would not be able to kill that thing (I refuse to call spiders animals).

She came an hour later and of course the spider was nowhere to be found. By that time I had sprayed everything in my house except for the bedroom, so Mum took my bed apart and sprayed everything down..it stank so much that we put Mogli on the back porch..and went into the woods to put a new battery into the wildlife camera, and to catch our breath.

When we came back we sprayed once more...and I vaccumed and am now in the process of washing my lines.

The whole ordeal took me about three hours..and did I mention that I simply HATE spiders?

One thing I miss about Germany are the smaller sized spiders...I mean...here in Tennessee...nobobdy will believe you it's spider unless that monster is at least half the size of your hand...and poisenous :banghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby steveparkes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 am
:shock: :shock: I HATE spiders too Maureen, thankfully I haven't seen one yet :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 am
I hate spiders as well, but my mum loves them. :o :???:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 pm
Your Mum's weird, Dom! :shock: I hate them too Moey! Thank goodness your Mum can deal with them

Postby bwalters » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 pm
I don't like spiders either but I hate running into a web in the woods more. I never know if a spider is on it or not. I hate anything unknown especally things that crawl or run accross your feet or feild of vision and you don't know what it is.
On a funnier note. One of the hardest machines I ever had to fix was a copier that every couple of days would have a black line about 1/4 inch wide. It would go straight down the page of a few inches then go diagnal to the edge one way or the other. This went on for 6 weeks. I Finally was standing at the door when the customer got there and took the machine apart to look at if before any copies were made. When I shined my flashlight tword the lens I saw something take off running it was a spider on one strand of web. I stuck my screw driver in and broke the web no more black line. When I told the guys about what I had found they couldn't believe it. I was not the first one to look at this machine I think I was the fourth. We had all looked in there but you couldn't see the one strand. A couple of weeks later they called in because the motor would not run. When I took it apart a moma mouse had built her nest on the dirve chain and had her babies. They got a new copier. :) :) :)
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:43 am
What a funny story Bill :) :)

I'm not a big fan of spiders either but luckily we don't have too many in the house. They're more annoying than anything else. We mostly have daddy-longlegs ones that make really fine webs across the ceilings & the dust & dirt collects in them making the room look a mess :banghead: Nothing a vacuum cleaner can't sort out though - goodbye spiders :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Gerda » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 pm
You would hate my house Maureen, with our wet basement it's a spiders dream home. Guess i'm one of the weird ones as I don't mind the little guys at all as long as they stay off of me. I just have this funny image in my head of you spraying the whole house and having to live outside because you oversprayed :) :)
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:54 pm
:) :) :) :)

I guess the spider had the last laugh, because I got sick that afternoon and am still not up to par yet. Is that what they call the "Curse of the Black Spider"? :banghead:

What you said reminded me of a house in Ireland in I stayed in with my family, Gerda. When we entered it, it was full of spiders and even though I was young, you can image how much I loved to be in it :shock: It was so bad, that even my grandmother, who is as weird as Gerda and doesn't mind spiders :), got the broom out and brushed the spiders of the wall all the while muttering "this is too much, this is just too much...." I hid until she was done. It actually was an odd house..in addition to spiders it also had a ghost...at least the carpet in the living room moved without any cause (I didn't mind that though at all) :cool: You kinda expect ghosts in Ireland :beer:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm
I had kind of forgotten about this but a couple of weeks ago another guy I work with and I were unboxing a new copy machine to put it together. We had lifted the box off the palet leaving the copeir on it. In the top of the box was some styrofoam with the books and CD's with drivers. I reached down in the box which was about three or four feet deep. So I had to strech to reach the items. This brought my face very close to the corner of the box. As I was standing back up I saw a brown Recluse sitting in that corner. He had been probiibly only a couple of inches from my face. I showed him to my co-worker. And we took a peice of tape and stuck him to it. If you don't know about a brown Recluse they are bad spiders. My boss was bitten about 25 years ago by one on his leg. His leg turned black an had a really bad looking hole in it. Which he still has today. It is healed but it is 1/2 deep impression on his leg. My mom was also bitten on her arm it did the same thing. Some one else I knew as a child also got bit by on went to the doctor. Stoped at the grocery store and when they got home he took a bag of grocerys in the house sat it on the kitchen table. sat down and died. I knew him but not really well he was a neighbor.
Mr Bill

Postby Gerda » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 am
To think that could have turned out different for you Bill. Good thing I have no clue how to tell spiders apart, I think for the most part we have those daddy long legs around here although from time to time I see really fat short legged spiders to, but a napkin and a firm squease and they are no more. My mom gets sand spiders, those things are big and skinny but I dn't think they do any harm.... then again I have no clue on these things so maybe my house and yard are infested with dangerous bugs :-? :shock: :shock: :? :) :) :)
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:04 am
then again I have no clue on these things so maybe my house and yard are infested with dangerous bugs :-? :shock: :shock: :? :) :) :)
They are - they're called children!! :shock: :) :) :winks:

Postby Gerda » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:08 am
:sofunny: :sofunny: :haha:

so true Hilary, sooo true :sofunny:
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:55 am
I have heard that grand daddy long leg spiders have the most deadly poison in the world. But as long as you don't eat too many of them you'll be fine. They can't bite. Its their defence.
Mr Bill

Postby Gerda » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:05 am
That has to be the worst defense ever. "if you eat me sure i'll be dead but you'll get sick or die if you eat me, my family, my friends, my neighbors......." I wonder who the test dummy had to be for that :) :)
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login