Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 pm
I hear that Moey is in for some rough weather tonight if she hasn't already gotten it. I hope you are OK. And if it hasn't hit you yet make sure you are in a safe place.
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:08 pm
I hope you and the animals are ok Moey! :hug: :hug:

Postby bwalters » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:22 pm
Hi Hilary; I sent you and Moey a joke a little bit ago. I would have sent it to everyone but I only have the address's of you and her. P.S.I was hoping one of you knew how to put it on here. I couldn't figure it out.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:26 pm
Hi guys, yes it was rough.

Curt just called and it looks like a tornado hit Dunlap. We know of three families so far that have trees hit and destroy their houses, one of them are the parent's of my stepbrother's wife.

Up here on the mountain it was just a major thunderstorm with hardly any wind so we were spared.

A town an hour away from me (Murfreesboro) was hit bad and there may be fatalities.

The dogs are fine as well. I had taken them on the back porch in case we had to leave the house fast and there wouldn't be time to open the kennel. Petee was scared to death and tried to be as close as possible with me...Mogli is fine as well..he wasn't scared just insanely jealous that I waited the storm out with the dogs and not him...I compromised and divided my time up between both.

Curt stayed up here to help me in case it got bad and I think it saved him as he would have been on the road during the Tornado otherwise :relieved:

It is odd (or not) but we are always hit by bad storms on Good Friday...On my first one, there was a Tornado two miles up the road from me..destroying the house I had moved out of the week before
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm
Vey Glad to hear you and the animals are OK. I didn't know exactly where you lived in Tennesee.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:46 pm
Right between Nashville and Chattanooga :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:52 pm
I was thinking of you to when I saw the news. Glad to hear you are ok. You guys have been hit with some crazy weather this year what in the world is going on with that! :banghead: What always surprises me is that tornado areas don't build basements or storm shelters in or by there houses. up here if there is a bad storm into the basement we go (unless you are one of the crazy ones like me that head outside to see it coming :) )
just glad to hear all is well for you :hug:
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:06 pm
We aren't really a very Tornado prone area..at least not when you compare it to Arkansas or West Tennessee (Memphis) so I think not many think it's necessary. We get bad storms because of the crazy weather...for example when we had the crazy change in temps this week, I knew we would get a major storm because it always happens when the hot air meets the cold air or vice versa.

The really funny part is that we have a lot of people from Florida moving into this area because they are tired of the Hurricanes..and can deal with the occasional storm much better :) :) :) :)

I am crazy as you, Gerda...I was outside on the back porch :) :) :) but frankly...I felt safer there since I live in a mobile home (is that the political correct term? I usually just call it a trailer :o)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:23 pm
I had a friend that lived in a Mobile home which I lived it for seveal years. That had a tornado comming and had just gotten into the bath tub with their baby and had been cover with a blanket for about two seconds when a very large gas tank went flying through the living room. Where they had just left. I about 7 years ago had been in a resturant with a bunch of friends when someone came in a said take a look at the sky. When we went out it was a green color. When I got home I could see the devistation from the begining of my road which I only lived a couple hundred yards down. When I got home everything seems normal. I went to my neighbors and found out a tornado had went about 50 yards behind my house distroyed a lot of houses in a sub division and many other houses and trees. I had one of those buckets for bugs sitting on a 2x4 that was sitting on the two inch side it never fell off.
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:04 am
So pleased you're all ok Moey! :hug: We don't really understand that sort of weather over here as we rarely get it.

Postby Gerda » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:39 am
I had one of those buckets for bugs sitting on a 2x4 that was sitting on the two inch side it never fell off.
that is one of the things that is so crazy about a tornado, how often do we see picttures of house that are in half and the wall has all it's pictures still on it never touched. :(((
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:41 am
On the news this morning they were talking about Murfeesboro. There was lots of damage there. One woman and her 9 week old baby were killed. That breaks my heart to hear about the child not that the lady was any less of a loss but children have had no chance in this life.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:39 am
Yes, they were hit hard.

Can you imagine our feeling yesterday when we got the first reports from Murfreesboro and were told that this exact storm front would hit us in about an hour.

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:52 am
Yes, they were hit hard.

Can you imagine our feeling yesterday when we got the first reports from Murfreesboro and were told that this exact storm front would hit us in about an hour.
I bet you nearly craped your pants :bolt: :sofa:
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login