Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:49 pm
OK guys it must be spring in Missouri I have been cleaning all day. Of course I have several days of work to go. :) :) The first pic is my watch case in the corner. beside that is a Japaneese slot machine. Then my computers I didn't know you could see them. The second pic are Beer steins I picked up in Germany and some beer cans that are still full from 1980. Tojo, Dyar, Any one. The third one is a cabinet with my stuff that is sentimental to me. Max's day bed. And my TV the stuff on top is so I could get better reception on my TV.

Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:02 pm
I didn't have enough room in the first post. for pic 3 here it is. The second pic is some blue glass my foster mom gave me. and other stuff I picked up in Germany. Third is top row a mini German Boot and yegimister shot glasses. Other stuff I have picked up over the years.
Image[/img]
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:15 pm
The first pic is a 400 day clock I picked up for my mom in Germany I have three of them. The second pic is a glass cabinet I keep things that are sentimental to me top row are two left handed beer steins, and stuff from my two moms. The second row are some glass ware my father made 55 years ago.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:18 pm
Take a close look at these pics you won't see my house look this good for a long time. :) :)
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:49 am
It's nice to see your other collections Bill. :hug: I particularly like your blue glass and the glasses your Dad made. Was he a glass blower?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:38 am
Well, now you can come down here and do some spring cleaning, Bill :D

Did you get that white wallhanger from Germany as well? (The one that holds the clock).

We used to have one that a friend had made, and I used to make them, too. We had two plants in it and it looked very decorative. It's one of the things left behind that I still miss.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:00 am
@Hilary yes my father was a glass blower. I guess he was very good at it when he made those glasses he had been away from it for 15 years. He left WV at the begining of the WWII to go to California to build ships and didn't return to West Virginia until 1955. I was just a child but I remember the owner shut down the factory to have everyone come and watch him make them. My fathers whole family was is some way connected to that business.
@Moey I think the white hanging thing was left here in the house when I moved in. The people before me left a ton of clothes and toys. Just to give you an idea of how much I paired up 190 pairs of white socks. And I am sure my boss and I threw out that many more which we never even opened the bags. They were so heavy because they were soaked that it took both of us to put them in the dumpster.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:32 am
I just realized that I miss spelled spring. :) :) Actually I have trouble with my keys not working sometimes. Especally my shift buttons they are both cracked and only work well if I hit the side closest to the rest of the keyboard. I think I like putting my pics on myspace better than Flickr. I don't even have to make them smaller to put them there and to then link them here I don't have the extra stuff at the end that I have to delete.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login