Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:53 am
Hiya guys. :hiya:

first of all, I'd like to send many greetings and apologizes over to Michelle, Veronique & Robin, who I failed to meet on Saturday morning. :( Nevertheless, it was great to hear that you (M&V) met Manni (finally!!!). :D I hope we see each other in November. :D

As some of you know, I'm an avid music junkie as well and thus I had to go to my UK & French promo dealers to find some really nice bargains, just before my "fellow experts" (four Dutch Ebay retailers and four women, who are close to my age and who are blocking all boxes at the same time, just to find their Spice Girls and Take That related items) get there. :D
Honestly saying, I found three variants on Saturday only, but I was happy to get hold of many bargains and gems in the music section.
We enjoyed meeting up with friends of ours later that day, for a lovely chit-chat time around lunchtime and another time in the afternoon, just about two hours before the fair closed.

However, since Manni and me decided to stay overnight in springtime, (due to my classes which continue on the Monday after Easter) Sunday provided some really lovely surprises for me in other areas and sections of that extraordinary fair as well... .

E.g. I came across some really lovely Polish fakes, which I might buy either at the sisters fair or next time in Utrecht. :smitten:
@Lia &Joaquin: I do have to thank you for opening my eyes for fakes from the bottom of my heart. :hug:

Another weird example is that I finally made up my mind about the smurfs I would love to keep an eye on about two weeks ago. Since Christy and Graham are avid Astro freaks and Michelle loves Doofus, I decided to devote myself on the so-called "Amour Angel Smurfs", namely 2.0111 - Cupid,2.0128 - Amour, 2.0156 - Valentine Smurfette and 2.0212 - Angel. That certainly doesn't mean that I won't dipise my "Blue Orphans".

Now guess what happened on Sunday: I found myself a really lovely yellow vintage cloth bag from the 1980's with Angel Smurf on it and with the text reading I :heart: smurfs. :D Isn't that a lovely item to use on the sisters' fair? :D Despite being slightly worn, I couldn't resist it for 2 Euros.

I will try to post some pics by Wednesday at the latest. :D

Manni and me had a safe and smooth journey back and returned happily home (and thank God not broke) on Sunday evening at 9.30 pm.

Manni stayed at my place overnight and on whilst returning home, he took me to campus on 8 am that morning. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:25 am
Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! :) :hug: I can't wait to see your photos. That bag sounds great! :-D

Postby Lia » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:01 am
Hi Dom!

Great to hear that you had such a nice time!!

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 am
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Dom :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am
That sounds like a fantastic trip Dominique! :)
I'll be looking forward to pics. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby steveparkes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 am
Welcome back Dom, good to hear you had a good time at the fair, looking forward to the photos
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Tojo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:40 pm
It's good to hear that your trip was very successful Dominique :D

I'm also looking forward to seeing your bag
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby hfos » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:31 am
Hey Dominique,

I hung around a bit waiting for you to show up! But I figured you weren't there.
I picked up a couple of those Polish (was it Evanplast?) smurfs, too. I'll post a pic when I get home.

All in all I was a bit disappointed with the fair, and I'll probably be skipping the next one as it's always pretty much the same people with the same stuff...

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 am
Hi Robin,

if you should come next spring-time, we might meet each other at the Heineken stall at 10.45 am.
I see your point too well, since I neither found any interesting smurfs in any of the halls. I only bought a few variations and a poet fake.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself at the record fair.
Glad to hear that you picked up some of the Evanplast smurfs.
I decided to buy them in November, since Manni and me won't stay overnight and I most likely will have saved some bucks from the sisters' fair.
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:14 am
Hi guys,

you may now see what I bought. I'm starting my tour with the cute smurf bag, I bought. :D I'm looking forward to taking to either university or the next smurf fair with me. Since I tend to look out for smurf on fleamarkets, I wouldn't admit towards any seller that I'm a collector. :D

The second pic shows all the smurfs I bought. As I aid before, Lia and Joaquin taught me well and thus I decided to take a poet fake with me. :D

When it comes into music, I tend to wait on regular albums until they reach the bottom, that means about 1-4 Euros, whereas I tend to spend more on really rare gems or rare items of any of my favourite artists.

Thus, I was very happy to save lots of bucks including my favourite artists.

Therefore I decided to show you all the items I got for just 1 Euro each on pic no. 3.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 am
to be continued ...

Postby steveparkes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:58 am
What a lovely bag Dom, just right for the fairs in Belgium :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:13 pm
I love that bag, Dom! In fact, I want it! :-D :-D :) :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 am
Hiya,

here are some music goodies, I bought on the collectors fair for very low prices. :D The promos were just 2 or 3 Euros each, whilst the full albums of Leona Lewis and Andrea Corr were 4 Euros each.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 am
I also bought a few American album versions from a German retailer and was very surprised to find a Emily Rossum cd among them. I didn't know that she had already recorded an album of her own and since I liked her voice in "The Phantom of the Opera", I decided to give it a try.

I finally got hold of "Glory Road" and the Floetry debut for decent prices.
Thank God, my Swedish seller Krister bought along some Alicia Keys promos with him.

I also bought some nice Jean Michel Jarre stuff. Sadly, I won't be able to attend any of his latest concerts, since they take place right in the middle of the semester. Thus, I treated myself with a tourbook.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:21 am
Here are my final pics. :D A friend of mine gave me a french Jean-Michel Jarre tape as a gift. Wish I was able to help him out on Françoise Hardy as much as he helps me, but he already has a huge collection containing records,tapes, books and magazines from around the world, which makes it difficult for me.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am
Nice new additions, Dom :cheers:

So, the big question is...have you already listened to the new CDs? :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:08 am
Hi Moey,

I already listened to the Leona Lewis album and the cds of Floetry and Beth Rowley . :)) They are terrific and I'm looking forward to listening to the rest over the weekend. :))
Page 1 of 1

Login