Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Azrael » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:01 pm
Today is a very sad day for me as my 13 year old cat who I have had now half my life died. His name was Azrael and was my big ginger boy. His liver failed and he had to be put down and my dad took him to the vet and stroked him the whole time. I moved out last year so my parents have taken care of him, and it makes me sad that they are very sad. He now joins his sister Sassette in heaven.

Also today my tooth broke and that meant ringing the dentist who informed me that Dentists "Always shut on a Friday at 2pm and didn't open till Monday". This was further clarified by the NHS Helpline (oh the irony of the title!) and I had to go to TWO hospitals before they gave me happy pills to numb the pain.

So, I have a gig tomorrow night and I really wanted them to take my tooth out today, but sadly I now have to wait till Monday as if I get it taken out tomorrow I have to cancel my gig and it's good one!

The drugs I am on have helped me feel a little better about Az. He was very old and sick and is now in a better place, but I will miss him forever.

xx
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Tojo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:19 pm
That's sad Al :( I know pets can't live for ever but it always hurts when they leave us.

I've read a lot about the dental service in the UK & it makes me so glad that I live over here now. I don't need to go to the dentist often but if I do there's never a long wait & the service is excellent.

Good luck with the gig tomorrow :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:49 pm
That is really sad news about Azrael....just having gone thru this myself with one of my dogs, I know that knowing they are old doesn't really make the final Good-bye much easier. A big hug for you and your parents, Al :hug:

I was shocked to read about the dental service :shock: You'd think they have one dentist on call during the weekends for emergencies like this :no:

Good luck with your gig tomorrow night. Hopefully the happy pills not only make you happy but also help to make the others laugh :cheers: Kepp us posted how it went..and no, I am not implying you wouldn't make them laugh without the happy pills... :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:45 pm
So sorry to hear about Azrael, Al. :hug: :hug:

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:03 pm
So Sorry to hear about your pet and your tooth. Hope you are well soon.

Postby steveparkes » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:49 pm
Sorry to hear about Azrael Al, I had to have my cat put down too - it was such a wrench..I hate the dentists, when I last went it cost me 300 pounds for the treatment..hope your gig goes okay and you get your tooth sorted :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Michelle » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:11 am
I'm so sorry to hear about Azrael...but I'm sure she had a wonderfull life and happiness because of being a part of your family!

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:09 am
Sorry about Azrael, it's always hard when they leave us. :( :(

And I know about dentists, I also "always" get tooth problems on a friday afternoon, which means I need to go the weekend thru with pain killers. :banghead:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:11 am
Thanks for a your lovely messages. What upsets me the most is seeing my dad upset. I awoke this morning to see a lovely Fariboles Johan on my doorstep tho, so at least that made my weekend a little better. x

Sorry to hear about your dog too... it seems we've all had a bad year when it comes to pets. Big hug to you and Michelle as well.

Thanks everyone. xx
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Picaja » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:26 am
Sorry to hear about Azrael :(
big hug :hug:
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Yonna » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 pm
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:22 am
@Al: I'm very sorry to hear about Azrael. :( :( I believe he will become friends with Paulchen and many more of our heartfelt friends in Rainbow Country.

Sending many hugs over to you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Postby Pickle Smurf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:53 pm
@ Al, big hug, sorry you are having a rough time.

@ Yonna, I never read that before, it's really moving.

@ Dom, love your signature about being a Foster Mother

Postby FlamingO » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 am
Very sad to read about your cat Al :hug: My childhood cat was a big ginger tom too.

Hope you get your tooth sorted soon!
Page 1 of 1

Login