Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 am
I have to admit that after hardly watching anything on TV, I have become an addict again and it probably will get worse once I receive my new TV tomorrow which is still not large but larger than my current one.

I am completely hooked on American Idol when it's on (for all who watched it..wasn't the finale great with Cindy Lauper, Rod Stewart, Queen !!, Kiss, Keith Urban and others?) and also watch "So you think you can dance?" although so far I am not that much into this season.

These are the only two so called reality shows I watch, although I don't consider them reality shows.

Other than that, I love sitcoms like "how I met your mother", "big bang theory", "the office (US version, never seen the GB one)...and I am hooked again on Star Trek (TOS and TNG) although I am not into SciFI normally.

Another series I love is "Midsomer Murders" and I am in the process of getting all of it's episodes.

These are the current series...don't get me started on classic ones like "Friends", "Everybody loves Raymond", "Golden Girls", "I love Lucy" and movies, movies, movies..

I am also interested in history, and have watched some interesting shows about American history and also other countries histories (I like the "Buiding an empire" episodes, and "The Presidents", "The Revolution")
As you can see...I am not hooked on TV at all :crazy:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:15 pm
I haven't been watching much tv lately but Lost and Big Bang Theory are my have to watch shows! I am looking forward to Monk and Psych coming back in July also!

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:14 pm
Oh, I hardly watch any shows on tv... :dream:

from the very so "famous" site myepisodes.com
Time I've wasted: 7 months, 3 weeks :sprint:

No, I watch waaaayyy too little tv... :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 pm
:) :) :)

I have to admit, I made it sound worse than it actually is. I don't watch much TV..only in the evenings...

I hardly watched anything at all for about 10 years, simply because of poor reception in the woods, so now that I have cable I am enjoying it again. The only thing is, I have to do something beside watching TV, because if I won't I fall asleep, so I am usually working on the website while watching TV :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm
Ok you asked. I listen to it mostly but a couple of shows that I watch a lot are Law and Order and now that we have digital Cops. When I lived in St Robert about 100 miles from where I am now. I used to get up at 6am and sit down at my computer and turn the TV on I had cable then. I would find the guide and look at it for a few seconds and once my computer was ready I started entering my baseball card collection. This took almost two years to get done. Nights and weekends. When my roommate would come home at 5pm the TV would still be on the guide. :) :)
Mr Bill

Postby Cool Smurf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:37 pm
I just mainly watch The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad, Trivial Pursuit, Jeopardy!, and the news.
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby bradley » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 am
I watch a lot of tv.. although not as much as I used to. I had to cut back on a lot of shows as I realised I didn't have time to watch everything. I was at the point where I was watching 1 show while taping another at the same time and then trying to find time to watch the taped show and then not getting around to it and getting behind in episodes and ending up with a backlog to watch. But the shows I watch religiously at the moment are 24. One of my top favourites!! On season seven at the moment and only about 4 more episodes left of the season. Has been great sofar. Poor Jack. Battlestar Galactica which is an absolutely amazing series. Has just come to an end but there is still a telemovie coming up at the end of the year called "The Plan". The Bill one of my top favourite shows. NCIS is a great show, The Amazing Race I only recently discovered a few years back. Best reality show ever. I also watch Desperate Housewifes, Greys Anatomy, Collectors (which I'll be on soon).. I think thats all of them that are on at the moment. Watched a lot of other tv shows. Life On Mars (US) loved this show but it was axed. The X-Files, Charmed (I'm currently re-watching the whole series on dvd), American Dad, Farscape.. I think the list could keep going. I do like TV.. prefer tv shows to seeing movies. Movies take too long to sit through these days. Tv is easy and more enjoyable for me.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 am
I love watching shows about antiques, similar to the Antiques Roadshow, such as the German equivalents of "Kunst & Krempel"
(=Art & Junk), "Kitsch oder Kunst?" (=Kitsch or Art?) , Echt Antik (= Near & Dear), Lieb und teuer (=Near & Dear) or the Dutch version "Tussen kunst & Kitsch" (=Between Art & Kitsch). I watched a French show about collectors, sellers and antique fairs etc. , called "Tous à la brocante''
(=Everything from the antique fair) for a quite sometime. However this show might have been discontinued as of this year.
I also enjoy watching a German tv show, there ordinary people sell their items,hoping to find some cuties for reasonable prices. :D

And least, but not least, I have to mention the show "Der Trödelking" (=The Junk King), in which a fleamarket expert helps individuals to get rid of their stuff, so that they are able to cover their bills.
http://www.wdr.de/tv/troedelking/
There is, however, another show similar to that concept, but Roland is both a very friendly and a funny person. That's why I prefer him. :D

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 am
I must admit that I don't watch alot of TV since I moved to London, I do make a point of watching the Simpsons, Big Bang Theory, 8 out of 10 cats, or QI and my favourite of the moment Being Human.

I have SO many things on DVD that I still haven't got round to watching yet (Allo, Allo complete series, Butterflies complete series, To the Manor Born complete series, Dads Army complete series) I've almost finished the complete series of Star Trek Voyager, then I will have to start on Deep Space Nine..then onto Farscape, then Stargate...there just aren't enough hours in the day :) :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:39 am
Well, I never did say what I watch, now did I? ;)

Here goes, my very small list...
Currently only The Closer, but that's mainly cause all the other shows I watch are winter show, so they're on summer break. :cool: I'm also slowly catching up with Without a trace (one ep every night :) )

In the winter my "free" hours are filled with South Park, The Simpsons, American Dad, King of the Hill (soon Futurama again!), CSI, CSI:NY, Cold Case, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, Bones, House, Medium, Dexter, Heroes, Kyle XY, Psych, Mythbusters, Primeval, Scrubs (has been renewed, but I think I'll cancel it on my watch list), Supernatural, The IT Crowd and Wild at Heart... Not to mention Animal Planet, Discovey and National Geographic... ocasionally also History channel. I'm missing sci-fi shows that I love, but none currently that I wish to watch. Stargate(s) have ended and Farscape too...

And I wonder why I don't have time to assemble models, costumize figures, paint, read, update my websites, "finish" cataloguing my smurfs, etc... :-? Maybe I should just stop working, maybe that would give me the extra time I'm missing? :o
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:56 am
@Moey: I prefer English crime series over American series. I love "Midsomer Murder" as well, but it's so odd that German tv broadcasts such great series only Sundays at 10 pm. :banghead: :angry: Another series, I really loved was "Cracker", but I dare say that I still prefer Robbie Coltrane over the American guy.

Btw. Are you subscribing to the "Midsomer Murder" collector series?
http://www.midsomermurdersdvd.com/magazine.htm

It's a shame that they aren't able in any of the international press shops here. :(

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:10 am
No, Dom, I just buy them by the normal season set as I can afford them. I am up to season 5 now so I still have a long way to go. :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:15 am
I love TV. :-D :) :) Wimbledon is dominating at the moment but that's also sport so probably doesn't count here. :o

Shows that I love are: CSI Vegas and NY, although not so sure about Vegas now that Gil Grissom has gone; Bones; The Mentalist; Brothers & Sisters; Grey's Anatomy; Criminal Minds; NCIS; Lie To Me; Last of the Summer Wine; Midsomer Murders; Two and a Half Men; Everybody Loves Raymond; MASH; Dr Who; Torchwood; the list goes on. :) :)

Postby FlamingO » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:20 pm
For re-runs, simpsons and friends
for series tv, american idol or x-factor, depend on time of year
for current tv - sport and music, so for this weekend wimbledon and glastonbury :sheep: :mosh: I love tv but get time to watch very little :(
pre-record and the remote is very handy for condensing half hour progs to 5 mins, some nice time mgement :) :D

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:30 am
I went to a recording of a UK TV show last night, Totally Saturday with Graham Norton.

I didn't realize, but my friend had set me up and some of my smurfs made it onto TV last night :)

If you missed it you can watch it again on bbc iplayer
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:20 am
That's exciting, Steve :-D

Do you have a link to the show?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:29 am

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:17 am
Thank you, Steve..it only works for UK viewers though :(

Hidden in the Woods

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:41 am
Oh dear :banghead: sorry about that Maureen :(

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:03 am
No problem, Steve. :D

I found a way to watch NRL games live via the Internet, but since Setanta went down this week, those games are only live streamed live to the UK and Ireland now.....I call that discrimination :-? :(

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 2

Login