Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:26 pm
So, who do you think will win this Worldcup?

And who will be the final 16, 8, 4 and 2? :cheers:

I personally have no idea, but I am hoping for a little upset again, especially today :)

I watched part of the England-US game yesterday (ouch..I do feel for the English goalkeeper..what a mistake) and am fixing to watch Germany - Australia in a few minutes :D

and I am pretty happy that one of my favorite players, Jurgen Klinsmann, is a commentator on ABC this time :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:03 pm
I am not a real fan of football, but...pehaps SPAIN????Spain won the last Eurocup, so... :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 am
Spain is playing right now...so I'll be cheering for them in honor of my Spanish friend :D

I've been able to catch most games so far if not on TV than online during work...and have to admit..of the ones I've seen..none of the teams have convinced me yet (not even Germany with their 4:0 win over Australia). :D

I know it's the first round only...so things will get better :)

I need a bit of a picker upper today though (meaning a good football/soccer match) after watching New South Wales getting beaten badly by Queensland in Rugby League early this morning :(

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:39 pm
Uruguay ran rings around South Africa this evening. They impressed me.

I must admit that in my opinion Australia played pretty well against Germany although they were totally outclassed. Compared with England's performance Australia was excellent :o The England goalie's mistake was a disaster but the whole game was like watching a game of pinball!! The ball just bounced around between the 2 team's players. The passing was terrible. Australia at least had some accurate passes!!!
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pitufo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 pm
Spain 0- Switzerland 1

Why is all people here sad????? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 pm
I thought Spain did pretty well..they just couldn't get that ball into the net :o . The game did pick me up, even if Spain lost...I love a team that won't give up at any cost :cheers:

I agree about the England/USA game, Tojo...I only watched part of it as my mother decided she needed to talk about the latest crisis during the game, but what I saw was pretty painful to watch.

I do think the Germany/Australia result might have been different (definitly not 4:0) if the Australian player had not been sent off...don't think Australia would have won, but they would not have lost by that margin

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 pm
I have little interest in football, but like watching Portugal (obviously) and Brazil (cause they normally have beautiful game play), and will watch Denmark if it's on.

Only watched Ivory Coast - Portugal so far and that was boring as hell. We did nothing, nor did we even bother to run and play the ball! Ivory Coast at least made some effort and created a couple dangerous opportunities to score.
Hope "we" do better next game, or they might as well start packing their bags and return home fridag. :banghead:

Looking forward to watch Brazil-Portugal though. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:27 am
Was very surprised to see Germany lose to Serbia...hopefully Australia wins tomorrow...it would make this group very interesting :cheers:

So far Argentinia has impressed me the most, but then again...I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Diego Maradona...and his tantrums and celebrations...that hasn't changed one bit :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 am
And his 'hand of god' :angry: :banghead: :angry: :angry:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:25 am
Very very happy just now....this weekend will be interesting...very interesting...If Germany goes thru (and nobody can seriously think they won't) they either play England or the US... No matter who they play...it will be a very intersting time at my house :smile:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:55 pm
With a german, british and american passport, you have always a reason to cheer Maureen!

Postby André » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 pm
You are a lucky girl Maureen!!

All you team has qualified for next round. :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:56 pm
No...I've never been for Germany :)

My three favorites were England, US, and Australia (in no particular order ) so it was 2 out of 3 today. I am still happy with the effort and fight Australia showed today.

Sunday morning..England vs Germany...I will be late for Sunday School..that's for sure..England vs Germany is always like a Final for my family so it's a must see game for me :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:51 pm
Whatever else happens in this Worldcup one thing is for sure...the refereeing has been a shame....I do believe this needs to be looked at and FIFA will have to install the Video referee for controversial goals.

In both games today..how could you not see that one was a goal and the other one was offsite? :o

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Azrael » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 am
Gutted.

The thing is that we played awful and then came together when we scored the goals... but as usual England can't recover after a setback. That was atrocious!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Pitufo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 pm
Football is an amazing event!!!I have just arrived homr from the city and streets are empty (well, perhpas because we have had almost 40ºC)...I think everyone is watching football match Spain- Portugal. Perhpas I am the only one who is not in front of the TV :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 pm
I am watching it (it's halftime right now) :smile:

on the computer at work....it makes the work day go by soooo much faster :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:24 pm
You probably are, cause I know I am. ;)
Even though I fully expect "us" to lose the game. Image

Think we just beet our national record, with 46min and no cards. :) :) :)

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm
They had to collect some cards to the collection, otherwise it wouldn't be us... :x

Congrats, Spain dominated the game, they fully deserved to win. :cheers:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 pm
It wouldn't have been a World cup game with a few yellow and red cards :banghead:

I honestly don't know what's wrong with the refs...I've never seen so many cards given for no reason at all. :banghead: .

We'll have some very interesting Quarterfinals now...Can't wait for Argentinia-Germany and Brasil - Holland...and I hope Uruguay will show Ghana the door

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 3

Login