Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:40 am
Here are the most recent version for the most usefull Anti-Spyware programs:

These are FREE: Do not trust programs providers who are asking money for the "benefit" of their protection: they are ripping you off and most likely copying the work from the guys who create these programs below:

SpywareBlaster: V3.5.1
The homepage is: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

Ad-Aware SE: V1.06
New build: is now available: V1.06
The homepage is: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spybot: v1.4
The homepage is: http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

1) NOTE:
SpywareBlaster is for the prevention. It stops "some" spyware from installing by changing some settings in IE

Spybot and Ad-Aware are cleaners: which means they remove spyware from your machine after it has been infected. But you need to use BOTH.

2) REMEMBER: check for updates at least once a week.
Each of these software requires a "reference" file which is updated very very regularly, (once a week or more). To ensure efficient protection and clean up, you need to make sure you are using the latest reference file.

3) USE THEM: at least once a week.

For more info check out my page. (see link at the bottom of my posts).

Last: Spyware are a pain, but with little efforts and discipline, you can eliminate the problem from your machines.
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:43 am
Please note: latest version of ad-aware is V1.06.

You need to download the latest version from their homepage.

Cheers,

David

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:07 pm
David, I'm glad you keep up on all this stuff -- I just downloaded the spyware blaster last week for the first time from the info on your website. Thanks :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:56 pm
David I keep getting a coulomb dialer on the kids' pc. I have all the spyware things updated but every time I get rid of it it seems to come straight back. I have tried manually looking for the files using regedit and I can't find them. Really weird and annoying, have you come across this one before? It's a *censored* dialer. :( :(

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:21 am
Hi Karen,

If it is not removed by Spybot or Ad-Aware, then it means that some files "escape" the scan and re-install the dialer everytime you boot.

Not a big problem: You/We need to identify the type of Dialer that has infected your machine and them remove it in steps. The best way to do that is to use HiJackThis (link below).

Now I have not put a link for HiJackThis before and there is a simple reason: This software takes over the machine and gives a low down on everything that's running... the GOOD and the BAD.

NOW, here is the WARNING: DO NOT start checking boxes and clicking on "Fix Checked" without knowing exactly what you are doing: You could be doing a lot of damage to Windows and your machine will completely stop operating.

(Please note: although this message is addressed to Karen: This is valid for EVERYONE reading this message: do not blame me afterwards...)

That said: HiJackThis is a fantastic tool, it allows for the detection and destruction of these last annoying Spyware files...

The best thing to do is to run Ad-Aware and Spybot (make sure you have the latest reference file). If either of them detect the dialer, make note of the dialer's name.

Then run HiJackThis: But ONLY to create a log (as a text file) and save it.

Send me your log and the detected name (and/or the name that it comes with when it tries to connect) and I'll find the way to remove your dialer completely.

Now the small print:
- If you do anything to clean your machine post to sending me your old log, then your log becomes invalid and you will need to send me a new one.

The link - Latest version as we speak is V1.99.1:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Unzip and run it in "My Documents" rather than from the root of the drive or the desktop.

Save and send me your log.

Cheers,

David

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:23 am
David, I'm glad you keep up on all this stuff -- I just downloaded the spyware blaster last week for the first time from the info on your website. Thanks :D
Cool Staci! :D

You will soon see that with SpywareBlaster, the instances of Spyware on your machine will decrease dramatically!

Cheers,

David

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:42 am
The latest version of "Spybot - search and destroy has now been" is now version 1.4.

Please make sure you download and update to the latest version.

Cheers,

David

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:41 am
David,
Do I need to uninstall 1.2 and then download 1.4 or not? :-?

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:20 pm
I think it's cleaner if you uninstall 1.2 first... but it's not required: I think you can just install over the old one.

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:44 pm

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:10 am
See the top of this thread:

Spywareblaster latest version is now 3.5.1 (since 1st January 06)

Don't forget to update your machine... and remember it's free!
Page 1 of 1

Login